jake and dick morgan September 12, 2022 02:00PM
First off I love this website it is great for pulling! I am not starting any crap here but we all talk about growing the sport of pulling! My question to you guys is how many pulls have you attended west of the Mississippi? I bring this up only because of the post about the Enderle and "the bucket list" of pulling you mention some other events and you even mentioned the OUTLAWS ! There is AWESOME pulling west of the mississipi I am sorry the initials don't include NTPA or PPL but the OUTLAW pull at Rock Valley and Wisner are the real deal! Head this way and watch next year

Re: jake and dick morgan September 12, 2022 11:18PM
How many pulls have you visited East of the Mississippi?? My guess is Dick and Jake have been to more pulls on their own dime than you can count. Let me know how you like pulls in Eastern NY.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 12:55AM
Someone has thin skin... bet you're a blast to know in person.

Outlaws- just a thought September 13, 2022 01:33AM
chris h
There is AWESOME pulling west of the mississipi I am sorry the initials don't include NTPA or PPL but the OUTLAW pull at Rock Valley and Wisner are the real deal! Head this way and watch next year

Rockwell, Hutchinson, and Wheatland are west of the MIssissippi Smiling

As a fan of modifieds, it would be nice if Outlaws would offer a mod class that wasn't the same (or slightly less) than an NTPA RN-level mod class.
If one's favorite class is unlimited mods, or PPL Super Modifieds, or even an NTPA GN-level class, then Outlaws offers less than those other sanctioning bodies.

I believe Outlaws has different levels of pull based on the purse, correct? Maybe for their Super National or Elite National, if they opened up the engine limits for their mod class, I'd view them differently.

Comparing Eder, Purser, Bauer, Knapp or Leischner, Walsh, Shelton, Sullivan (or Berg, Owens, Corzine, Tedder etc.) to what one sees at an Outlaws mod class.... there is no comparison. Pullers like Wayne Longnecker and Don Nelson have pulled and been successful on other circuits that are farther from home. I understand traveling from Iowa to Nebraska is a lot more affordable than traveling from Iowa to Benson, NC or Chapel Hill, TN. This isn't a criticism of the pullers, just that specific Outlaws class compared to the competition is (imo) doesn't compare.

(As an aside, traveling from Nebraska or Iowa to Whitewright, TX is as far or farther than traveling from Nebraska or Iowa to Bowling Green, and certainly farther than going to Tomah or Rockwell).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 01:35AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Outlaws- just a thought September 13, 2022 03:33AM
If you're judging an entire association based on one class or lack there of, you are sadly missing out on some great pulling entertainment.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 06:41AM
I live west of the Mississippi, deep in the heart of Outlaw pulls, and travel well out of my way to avoid pulling around here. Rockwell is great. Mound City used to be good. But if you want to immerse yourself in pulling culture, draw a line between Toledo and Louisville and stick as close to it as possible.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 06:47AM
Michael Eitel
I live west of the Mississippi, deep in the heart of Outlaw pulls, and travel well out of my way to avoid pulling around here. Rockwell is great. Mound City used to be good. But if you want to immerse yourself in pulling culture, draw a line between Toledo and Louisville and stick as close to it as possible.

I have been to one Outlaws pull. They put on a great show but they are exactly what they call themselves, Outlaws. No knock on the outlaws they do great things.

But they are not the PPL or the NTPA, and they cannot compete with Bowling Green, NFMS, Hillsboro, Rockwell etc.

The comments made about the mod class specifically ring true to me. The PPL and NTPA are separate but fairly equal. The Outlaws are the ugly step child fighting to be in the conversation for favorite child. In my opinion.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 08:16AM
You determined all that from the ONE outlaw pull you went to? I would atleast go to two.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 08:36AM
While I agree that Outlaws also have great events (l have attended their shows) my post was " bucket list" events. And I still maintain that there are very few true "bucket list" pulls. BG and Louisville and the Enderle are very unique shows. BG is the biggest pull in the world,
Louisville has the NFMS to add to the mix and the Enderle is a pull that runs 2 sessions of all the NTPA regional top finishers along with the best of the best in the NTPA GN classes. Am I saying all the best pullers in the country are going to hook, no, but the top of the NTPA classes. So I think that we are talking about two separate things. Yes, all three offer great pulling, however the NTPA has the Enderle.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 10:00AM
One credo I live by is "To know what great _______ is, you must first experience it."

For me it is a number of things...BBQ, Pizza, and music are three things that come to mind for me immediately.

But we understand there are "variations of greatness" within those themes I share...KC vs. Texas BBQ, Chicago Style vs. New York Style pizza...

The same goes for pulling. There are well-run shows across every organization and it is no secret who the leaders in the clubhouse are. It can be different AND great no matter the show. Have I ever been to an Outlaws show? No, but the quality of iron is definite when I see Outlaw pullers in person who frequent PPL and NTPA shows I attend. Look at the top 2 TWD trucks at the 2022 NFMS finals, both Outlaw pullers predominently, thats just one example. Jake and Dick see those pullers too, but not in the confines of a track west of the Mississippi...Wisner is a 17 hour drive from Dick's house by the way.

In the end I guess someone has to bang the drum harder on this page and elsewhere about Outlaw show quality. I share PPL stuff and pin it to the top of this page frequently, and other organjzations are more than welcome to do so and Ill pin it at the top, JUST ASK. Based on where we were as a world and a sport 24 months ago, we need to do a better job of building the sport up...and that cannot be accomplished by tearing someone or some entity down. There is no gain. Constructive criticism is encouraged however.

Celebrate this sport and the season we have had despite numerous challenges. I was truly afraid vehicle numbers would be about half of what they ended up being considering the factors at play.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 12:02PM
Yes, the Outlaw mods are not BIG powerful cookie cutter 4 Hemi tractors, they are a more diverse group of tractors, and you never know which one may win on a given night.
They have 2 hemi ,3 chevy, twin Allison(v-12), Rolls-Rolls Griffon (v12), Packard (v12), Turbine, and dt 466 on alcohol all very different but putting on a GREAT show with some variety for the fans in the stand. Outlaw show are second to none on getting tractors down the track and making for a timely and efficient show the App they for your helps so at the show you know when and where you belong. Kudos to Dave and Kurt for making Pulling great againSmiling

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 12:54PM
Everything in Life is relative,(we should teach "HIS" theory more). Variety is the Spice of Life and boring without it, thank God we have thin crust, more cheese, less, and choices, after all ever single part -- piece and substance in Life is a choice.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 13, 2022 01:57PM
I can't speak for my father and his comments on his bucket list...

As for me... I've been to Outlaw pulls in the past. Actually when I started this page (25 years ago next month) after college I lived in Colorado and went to an Outlaw event in Ravenna, Nebraska on part of my honeymoon. I hit a few other Outlaw events while I lived in CO. I think the Outlaws do a great job with their association. I'd love to go to Wisner but it conflicts with Bowling Green. I'm probably not going to drive past the biggest pull in the world after a 5-6 hour drive and then add another 12 hours of driving on top of that for a smaller event. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Wisner is small... but you don't drive past the Super Bowl to watch the Grey Cup (CFL).

In truth, I don't have the time or money to travel too much for tons of pulling events these days.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 14, 2022 03:22AM
I don't see a reason to knock Outlaws or any group out west. NTPA packed up it's bags as a (National) organization with only a few limited # pulls west of the Mississippi. Outlaws and other groups have given Great Pulls and Place to pull for everyone out west. They must be doing something right as they keep growing and other groups aligning there rules and coming on board with them. BG is a large pull and on every pullers bucket list or was. BG alone let's ask does it really mean anything other then a Big Party? Wouldn't BG be a better show if pullers had to qualify to pull at BG? This was our first year going to watch and our take was not impressed. Yes its a large party but a lot of vehicles that hooked really had no business hooking other than to be part of the party. So what does that do for Pulling?

Re: jake and dick morgan September 14, 2022 08:24AM
I'm not sure who you're responding to in this thread but I want to be perfectly clear that I'm not knocking Outlaws. I didn't do that anywhere in my post.

You're completely entitled to your opinion about BG but I don't see "a lot of vehicles that hooked really had no business hooking". Yes the are a few vehicles (very few) that were overmatched but I'd want to hook there too if I had a vehicle. It's no different than Wisner or Hillsboro or Tomah or any other big event there are always a few that go just for the experience even though they know they don't have a very good shot. If you're going to bring the idea of qualifiers to BG then you're going to have a tricky points race to figure out.

Outlaws are good at what they're doing. Yes, their Mods are not as powerful (basically State level mods almost anywhere else) but they still put on a good show. They have variety and they are keeping costs in check. Personally I think PPL and NTPA could probably back their Mod and Unlimited classes down a little and the show might improve and have a little more variety back.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 08:35AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 15, 2022 02:33AM
There’s no need to knock any organization, they all need everyone’s support! I’ve always liked Outlaw’s fast paced pull’s and great tracks but I’m seeing they might need to slow down and let track crew make an extra pass and try to get these tracks to hold together for the later classes.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 19, 2022 02:37AM
As a fan who has taken in shows from all 3 organizations here, I want to comment on the Outlaws mod thing. With the exception of maybe a super national unlimited pull where the really big boys come out, I MUCH prefer watching an Outlaws mod class for the variety. Another fantastic mod class to watch is the ITPA light mods. I'd take watching turbines vs allisions vs automotive any day.

Re: jake and dick morgan September 19, 2022 04:03PM
Doug W.
As a fan who has taken in shows from all 3 organizations here, I want to comment on the Outlaws mod thing. With the exception of maybe a super national unlimited pull where the really big boys come out, I MUCH prefer watching an Outlaws mod class for the variety. Another fantastic mod class to watch is the ITPA light mods. I'd take watching turbines vs allisions vs automotive any day.

Thank you. I don't pull in the ITPA light mod class but I am friends with many that do. They are a great group of pullers and I am sure that they like your post.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520