Magnets to hold up lifters on sbjd September 27, 2022 01:03PM
What magnets do they make to hold up lifters on a small block Deere without going into the bottom side.

Re: Magnets to hold up lifters on sbjd September 27, 2022 01:39PM
We used telescoping mechanics magnets with clothes pins wrapped some electrical tape around them to make them a little bigger for the clothes pins to hold better

Re: Magnets to hold up lifters on sbjd September 28, 2022 11:31AM
Get yourself 12 strong telescoping magnets that fit down the push rod hole, some magnets hold better than others, may have to try some first. Hold them up with clothes pins. If it’s not a quick swap have something to put in the cam tunnel just in case a lifter drops.

Re: Magnets to hold up lifters on sbjd September 28, 2022 01:48PM
I can't vouch for these engines, but years ago when they started using the oil leaking, vibrating C Cummins in trucks we had to constantly pull front covers to repair or replace for oil leaks. We used wood dowels from the hardware store. Taper 1 end on a bench grinder, then cut a small slot in that end to let it collapse a bit. Gently tap into lifter, raise up, and wire tie the pairs together. I even did this in a red combine once. I'd assume this might work if you can figure out the correct diameter to purchase.

Re: Magnets to hold up lifters on sbjd September 28, 2022 01:54PM
MattA
I can't vouch for these engines, but years ago when they started using the oil leaking, vibrating C Cummins in trucks we had to constantly pull front covers to repair or replace for oil leaks. We used wood dowels from the hardware store. Taper 1 end on a bench grinder, then cut a small slot in that end to let it collapse a bit. Gently tap into lifter, raise up, and wire tie the pairs together. I even did this in a red combine once. I'd assume this might work if you can figure out the correct diameter to purchase.

This method has worked well for me. I just used clothes pins on the top and never dropped a lifter.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason