NFMS October 04, 2022 05:25AM
NFMS now has two limited pro classes?

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 06:17AM
Yes, there will be 2 sessions of the 9500# Limited Pro Stock tractors (4.1s), with the top 3 from each session transferring to the Saturday night finals.

There will only be a single Saturday afternoon session for the 6400# Lightweight Super Stock Alcohol tractors.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 11:05AM
Garbage…

Granted, I know I’m biased in this situation but the Light Supers have never had a fair shake. For years, the excuse for why they didn’t have a finals spot was because they only hooked in one session, while the heavy supers and modifieds had them…

I’m not detracting from the Limited Pros — I enjoy that class, as well — but I would have waited a few more years before thinking of bumping them into a finals spot.

Edited for clarity

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 11:12AM by John Murray.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 11:12AM
John Murray
Garbage…

Granted, I know I’m biased in this situation but the class has never had a fair shake. For years, the excuse for why they didn’t have a finals spot was because they only hooked in one session, while the heavy supers and modifieds had them…

I’m not detracting from the Limited Pros — I enjoy that class, as well — but I would have waited a few more years before thinking of bumping them into a finals spot.

Politics and (or) sponsor pressure, if I had to guess.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 07:08AM
LSS went from 2 sessions plus a Finals to only one session and no Finals? Seriously?

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 07:12AM
Sorry, I had to Spinning

Re: NFMS no place lss when about half of them October 04, 2022 03:49PM
Weather plays hell with the methanol tractors. Only half run so replacing with 4.1 probably a good move

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 08:57AM
double or triple the number of 4.1 applications compared to lss i bet

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 08:10AM
4.1 needed a promotion so that's good. really wish the the 4.1 and sf would have just switched their schedule from last year with sf dropping back to 1 session and no final instead of lss getting demoted.

because of the # of applications this was a good change, just glad for no llss although they had no chance of being in

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 08:31AM
Why do they need two sessions when Blackbourne wins.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 10:15AM
No question the Blackbourn tractors deserve the credit they get. However, it's a tough class to win when you have most of the LSS tractors all together. Winners for the last 5 years of NFMS were the following: '22 Armed and Dangerous Excessive Force, '21 COVID, '20 Alter Ego, '19 Extremely Insane, '18 Tennessee Tracks. COVID won as many times as anyone the last 5 years. Lol.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 12:28PM
4.1 limited pro is a popular class so i understand it needed another session. But there still isn't need for all those pro stock sessions. Dont get me wrong i love pro stocks but i love the idea of nfms being the super bowl of pulling even better. So by having all of those sessions of pro stocks they are watering down the class with class fillers that dont belong at this big championship pull. And for those of you who dislike llss and dont think they belong at nfms are the same people that dont understand how much of a positive effect it would have on the show. Fans love variety. And between the variety of brands, models, fuel, engine, tire, and turbo combinations theres no class out there that can compare to the variety of the llss class. Theres more to pulling than single turbo diesel classes filled with red and green tractors. LLSS at nfms has been an on going topic for years from spectators and pullers, its unfortunate that another year will go by with no llss at nfms.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 12:50PM
Well this is junk news. 9 out of 16 classes are now single charger tractor classes. Why in the world do we need light pro, limited pro and super farm at Louisville? I repeat, junk.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 01:48PM
They should limit one (tractor/truck/mod) per team and this would make it more fair for the other pullers. Put pros to 3 nights. Drop super farm.

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 03:19PM
pulling fan
They should limit one (tractor/truck/mod) per team and this would make it more fair for the other pullers. Put pros to 3 nights. Drop super farm.

I like to see that class in there because of its national level status, so I say keep the sf in. It gets regional champs,GN champs,champions tour and many others together

Re: NFMS January 10, 2023 01:33PM
Can't wait for February!

Re: NFMS October 04, 2022 04:12PM
Super farm put on a great show in the finals last year. I like what the tractor pull committee has done for the show this year. To the people complaining about single charger classes. This is the Farm Show. Single charger classes play very well to the crowd at the Farm Show. Just like having Semi's at the Truck Show.

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 01:12AM
Really, another single charger diesel class? The LSS are way more entertaining than any of the Single Charger classes, give em a few years as two session to get stream lined. Or is this a ploy to save Saturday Afternoon session? One way to guarantee more folks in the stands on Saturday is lock in only chance to see LSS...Hmm

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 03:20AM
I'd enjoy a mod class with no hemis at all

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 09:08AM
the farm show people did what they wanted. its their show. i agree the lights have a hard time running in the cold weather. there is still too many undeserving pro stocks there. if you have on your in. could drop 2 classes of them and add other classes. everyone bashes super farm but they put on just as good of a show as 4.1 indoors. sf has good numbers and color.

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 02:49PM
Looks like this answers the other thread about the best brush pull

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 02:03PM
What a JOKE!! First off light pro is a WAAAAAAYYYY better class than limited pro so they should at least flip it. How do you only give LSS 1 year to have 2 classes?? How many single charger diesel classes do we need to watch? How about removing a super farm class? If you have a new class why do they get 2 classes right away? Don't you people get tired of watching 1066 internationals and 40 series JDs?? Complete crap.

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 02:52PM
So your saying watching 10 light supers with the exact same engine builder where the carpet doesn’t match the drapes is so much better?

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 05:28PM
Absolutely. 10 LSS Alcohol tractors is more exciting than 25 super limited smoke blowers any day of the week.

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 10:51PM
Last year I believe there were only 3 LSS “cross dressers” out of 24. Mixup was as follows:

15 red (including 2 ford and 1 AC cross dressers)
7 green
1 ford
1 case

And as far as engine builders, there was several: Blackburn, Connors, GMS, Crutchfield, Mondovi, whoever builds Whitworths, etc.

No different than Lemme, Hyper, Riverside, etc in the other classes.

Re: NFMS October 05, 2022 11:47PM
I believe in a variety of all classes including minis, but it is invitational so I’d rather see more classes but the best of the best only
But I don’t care what classes they run until they FIX THE SOUND SYSTEM!

Re: NFMS October 06, 2022 12:17AM
Family lineage rule or (legal) cross dressing?

Red sheet metal newer that an 88 series, came with what engine again?

It's their show, and this is an entertainment industry.

Re: NFMS October 06, 2022 01:08AM
Fat at the tunnel.....lean at the beach puts on a poor show......every year.

Re: NFMS October 06, 2022 01:44AM
You can complain about what class you wish they had added or taken away. Heck I'd like to see the minis get a chance to pull at NFMS.

But at the end of the day they are packing the people in for the pulls, making money, so until they see a significant drop in attendance they probably don't care what your opinion is. And for all you LSS fans, sadly I cant imagine that subtracting that class is going to hurt attendance.

I do agree that there are too many single charger classes, but most of you guys arguing that NFMS has too many single charger classes are the same people who want to see Light Pros, and limited pros added to the GN/Champions Tour and all the big name pulls (BG, Tomah, Chapel Hill, etc.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 06:26AM by BrandonA.

Sound system sucks October 06, 2022 03:17AM
I agree with Bailey, the sound system needs some serious attention !! Otherwise The show is greatly diminished due to people not able to hear what's going on.

Re: NFMS October 06, 2022 04:14AM
BrandonA
At the end of the day you can complain about what class you wish they had added or taken away. Heck I'd like to see the minis get a chance to pull at NFMS.

But at the end of the day they are packing the people in for the pulls, making money, so until they see a significant drop in attendance they probably don't care what your opinion is. And for all you LSS fans, sadly I cant imagine that subtracting that class is going to hurt attendance.

I do agree that there are too many single charger classes, but most of you guys arguing that NFMS has too many single charger classes are the same people who want to see Light Pros, and limited pros added to the GN/Champions Tour and all the big name pulls (BG, Tomah, Chapel Hill, etc.)

Can we stop with the narrative of “it’s their event, they can run it how they want to.” We all understand that — they’re the ones putting up the money and accepting the risk — but do you know how boring a discussion board would be without any discussion?

Of course it’s about bringing in revenue — that’s why the diesel trucks were brought in even though they are cumbersome and don’t have a full class of 12.

To borrow your phrase, at the end of the day, the committee decided it was easier to find 24 strong running Limited Pros than 24 strong running Light Supers.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: NFMS October 09, 2022 05:10AM
John Murray

At the end of the day you can complain about what class you wish they had added or taken away. Heck I'd like to see the minis get a chance to pull at NFMS.

Can we stop with the narrative of “it’s their event, they can run it how they want to.” We all understand that — they’re the ones putting up the money and accepting the risk — but do you know how boring a discussion board would be without any discussion?

Of course it’s about bringing in revenue — that’s why the diesel trucks were brought in even though they are cumbersome and don’t have a full class of 12.

To borrow your phrase, at the end of the day, the committee decided it was easier to find 24 strong running Limited Pros than 24 strong running Light Supers.

That's a fair statement.

Re: NFMS October 11, 2022 06:31AM
they’re the ones putting up all the money? how much of the gate and concession money do the pullers actually get? this pull makes millions and pays out crap. And you can save all that garbage about how much it costs to rent the arena, it doesn’t cost a million bucks for a weekend.

Re: NFMS October 11, 2022 08:01AM
grubby
they’re the ones putting up all the money? how much of the gate and concession money do the pullers actually get? this pull makes millions and pays out crap. And you can save all that garbage about how much it costs to rent the arena, it doesn’t cost a million bucks for a weekend.

type....type...type. delete...delete...delete.

Re: NFMS January 08, 2023 02:05AM
I canr wait ro see what the show brings this year!!

Re: NFMS January 09, 2023 12:21PM
Anyone know if the sound system has been replaced yet?

NFMS sound system January 09, 2023 01:00PM
I haven't heard, however I hope that they have made some upgrades. Old system is HORRIBLE!!

Re: NFMS sound system January 11, 2023 05:36AM
No, that should be old system was Horrible, orrible, rible!!!

Re: NFMS sound system January 11, 2023 06:59AM
I just finally got a reply out of them and it was that they are working on a permanent fix but this year there will be a temporary fix, so I guess I’ll wait and see how Wednesday and Thursday go before I buy tickets, not going through that again

Re: NFMS sound system January 11, 2023 07:56AM
You guys are so picky....just go watch the pulls

Re: NFMS sound system January 11, 2023 10:04AM
I don’t know where your sitting but believe me you can’t enjoy the pull with that racket going on and besides that most of the tractors look alike from a distance so you don’t know who is pulling and then without a scoreboard you have no idea who’s leading or anything else going on, do it is a big deal for some of us

Re: NFMS sound system January 13, 2023 04:48AM
I would normally agree that it seems we are being too picky but the sound system is soooo loud it really takes away from the show and gives you headaches. it really is a problem

Re: NFMS sound system January 11, 2023 10:43AM
+1 on scoreboard issues. If it was kept current with class it would be a big
improvement. Sound system is like a 50's drive-in movie speaker set up.
Probably won't be fixed by show time.

Re: NFMS January 13, 2023 03:10AM
Everyone is complaining about what classes are dropped and added. I would personally like to see them add another session of pulling whether that would be adding another day to the show or adding another noon session. There are plenty of other classes that you could add that people would love to see. Just think adding a session would gain you another 3-4 classes.

Re: NFMS January 13, 2023 12:11PM
I think you could easily have a Friday noon/1p show. Now, what that would do for the qualifiers in Broadbent plus the Friday night show and then come Saturday have “X” more? I dunno. It’d also effect the Finals (numbers) right?

I think better off with the way it is…….but, I’d buy Friday afternoon ticketsDrinking

Re: NFMS January 13, 2023 12:47PM
Just have a completely different line up of tractors & trucks for a Friday11am show, one that won't affect the finals ---- example LLSS- Mini Rods- Pro 4 wheel drive - super modified 4 wheel drive-Pro Farm- Just a thought . ps: no pro stocks , enough of them already !!!!!

Re: NFMS January 13, 2023 12:51PM
I would love a Friday afternoon show. I imagine you would have as good as or better crowd then you do Wednesday night.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520