New NTPA Tech services director October 06, 2022 03:10AM
Columbus, Ohio – The Executive Board of World Pulling International, the managing company of the National Tractor Pullers Association, today announced it has named Marvin Epperson the NTPA's new Director of Technical Services.

Larry Richwine lo
Epperson succeeds Larry Richwine, who has served as the department director since 1993. Richwine will remain with WPI/NTPA as a consultant on technical and safety issues.

"On behalf of the Board, I'd like to thank Larry for his nearly 30 years as director of the Technical Services Department and his commitment to NTPA," Wysong said. "His truck and tractor pulling expertise and commitment to safety have made a substantial impact on the sport, something that will no doubt continue in his transition to a consulting role."

As the director, Epperson will manage the NTPA's staff of technical officials and entry clerks, supervise the NTPA's safety program and oversee the management of several national events.

Marvin Epperson
"Marvin has contributed to the NTPA for many years, acquiring a great deal of technical expertise while building strong relationships with competitors and event promoters along the way," Wysong said. "His involvements make him well-suited to lead the department and support its continuous improvement."

Epperson, who lives in Camden, Ohio, with his wife, Kim, has previously served as a tech official and event manager for the NTPA and has operated several weight transfers at events on behalf of On the Mark Pulling Sleds of Greenville, Ohio. Epperson is also a former competitor within the two-wheel drive truck division.

Epperson will assume the Director of Technical Services position as of Oct. 6, 2022. He may be reached at marvin@ntpapull.com.

Re: New NTPA Tech services director October 06, 2022 03:03PM
Hallelujah, such great, positive news!!! Christmas 2022 came early!
Marv's name and contact is already on ntpapull.com Tech page.

Re: New NTPA Tech services director October 09, 2022 08:54AM
Long overdue, but it sounds like LR will still be holding ba....er..I mean ... having some input regarding the future of the org and pulling.

Re: New NTPA Tech services director October 10, 2022 02:56AM
Anyone else notice the ntpa/wpi technical services facebook page has be pretty much wiped out. Most recent post on it is now a photo from 2020 and then posts from 2014.
There was lots of good info on there.

Re: New NTPA Tech services director October 10, 2022 04:55AM
In 30 years, there will be highlights and lowlights.
One thing Larry deserves credit for is taking the plunge on roll cage before anyone else.

That one decision has saved injuries and even lives.

Re: New NTPA Tech services director October 10, 2022 05:22AM
He didn't have to much choice in the matter,lawyers influenced that decision more than anyone

Thanks Larry!! October 11, 2022 06:50AM
Do you know that for a fact Todd? Maybe Mr. Richwine saw the writing on the wall and beat the lawyers to it??? I'm choosing to believe that he do e a lot of good for the sport and I am not going to put him down and kick dirt in his face as some seem to be in line to do. Best wishes Larry, and Thank you for all that you have done for our sport!

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 11, 2022 07:43AM
Agreed, Larry did a lot and you could talk with him, he wouldn't talk down to you.

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 12, 2022 01:25AM
Yep...and not knocking him he did do a lot of good

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 13, 2022 05:30AM
With DAVE gone and now LARRY it tells you that NTPA is on it’s way out

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 13, 2022 05:34AM
Or people get older and want to retire.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 13, 2022 06:26AM
Dick not in this case I have been friends with Larry all of my pulling life and he is the best he has devoted his life to this job and to be done like this

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 14, 2022 02:59PM
Done like what???

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 19, 2022 02:51AM
I for one enjoyed working with Larry for 20+ years, he always kept it light, and funny, while getting the job done with everyone Bitching at Him. Didn't always agree with every decision, but went with it and Gotta say, way more wins on his decisions than fails. Great job Larry I appreciate all the years service and the laughs!

BB

Re: Thanks Larry!! October 20, 2022 12:33AM
We will miss your replies to "Mr. Happy" ! Thanks for the memories.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,702, Posts: 229,802, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard