Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 03:37AM
Asking because under Biden, I don't see the economy bouncing back, and a number of pullers are getting older.

For example, will the expense of running a mod catch up with NTPA and PPL for their unlimited/super mod tractor classes?

PPL had lower numbers in their USS class and NTPA struggled with DSS numbers for at least part of the season. Will the SS classes in both organizations struggle with numbers next year?

SSD FWD is also an expensive class. Will some of those guys decide to sit out 2023?

Will the new 5' Regional Pro stock class cause a dilution where the class segments and rarely do the RN Pros hook with the GN/CT level pros?

(Bonus question, in jest) Now that 5' RN Pros are the new single charger class for 2023, it's not too early to start getting those proposals together for the new 2024 single charger class. I'll start the bidding: Bridge the light and limited pros. Have a 540 or 570 ci limit class that runs a 4.1 charger. The name: Light Limited Pro Stock DrinkingSpinning

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 08:13AM
I think a 540 4.1 light limited pro would be a great proposal. just a side note you could bump it up to 4.5 limit if you wanted a little more power

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 12:41PM
You're a very special boy. Can it get any worse any of the classes. Buy a pulling vechile of any kind it's hitting everyone(Garden Tractors to Unlimited Mods. Hope it gets bad enough you quit posting on here.

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 10:51AM
540 4.1 limited light pro would be a great class! Can you imagine how competitive that class would be and how many pullers would be in it! I know the 640 guys wont like the idea but the big cubes need to die off before it wrecks the sport completely.

Now we need to find a way to combine 9500 hot farm and super farm together.....

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 11:56AM
Ok, if people are complaining about there being too many single charger classes, why add another variant of a single charger class? With there being a lot of classes to begin with, it doesn't seem smart to add another variant of one class.

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 01:44PM
In retrospect the light pro class should of had a 4.1 turbo limit in my humble opinion. Want to run a 5+ inch turbo, run pro stock, want big cubes run super farm or pro stock. Now the way I see it both the light pros and 4.1 limited pros should probably be component chasis classes.

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 17, 2022 02:38PM
That's right, O'Michael, just confuse most of the pull announcers even further!!!! Too many of 'em still have not figured out what specs go with Light PS and what specs go with Limited PS. And then when the 2 classes currently pull as a combined class, most announcers are further confused.

And now O'Michael, you propose another hybrid single charger diesel class. Make more trophies.
Why??? These higher horsepower classes are getting to the point of Antique tractor pulling - some little minor spec and guess what, another class is formed. But, hey, those Antiquer's love it, a puller gets to pull up to 8 times in 1 event. Can you say BORING!? - I do.

And, O'Michael, just what is a "5' Regional Pro stock"? Is the 5' suppose to be the width between the front and rear tires? Or is the tractor suppose to be a maximum 5' high? I dunno know, maybe the tractor is suppose to be 5' long. Who knows, maybe a 5' high exhaust stack.
Or is it, that you never proof read your post before posting?? Hey, this is jus 2 mucho funn!!!

I've been reading current articles about what 'old renowned economists' are predicting for the US/world economy in the next few years. Bottom line - stagflation. And plenty enough of unemployment. And business bankruptcies. And substantially reduced home values. Yeah, all that could have a (very) negative effect upon disposable income -for pullers, promoters, sponsors and spectators. Are we going to relive the 1980's all over again? I hope not. It took a whole decade to get past all the 1979 & 1980 very inflationary economy damage. US farm economy predictions for 2023 is to be substantially decreased, due to continuing high input costs. Plenty of unknown factors could limit the 2023 puller travels.

Reading comprehension 101 October 17, 2022 03:21PM
For a couple responders on this thread-

Get a dictionary or google what "in jest" means (some of you probably would confuse it with "ingest"....)

It's a good thing Dave Chapelle and Jerry Seinfeld don't do pulling humor. Some people on this board apparently have reading comprehension abilities of a 3rd grader and get triggered like woke Gender Studies majors when a conservative speaker comes to campus whenever any single charger class is brought up... even lightheartedly.

Sorry to the guy without a real user name I typed ' instead of ". Didn't mean to trigger you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2022 03:22PM by The Original Michael.

Original Micheal your real name? October 17, 2022 04:25PM
It's all good brother you're one of the many experts on here that keep it funny. Shultz was 100% right about your opinions.

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 18, 2022 08:00AM
My question is why do all of these classes need to be combined? I do like the idea of the 540 or 570 4.1 class, but yes that will tick off the 640 pullers since they will have to get a different block. Also, we don't need to combine hot farm and super farm. Why do IPL and the guys in the eastern part of the midwest run 510 ci? What was wrong with 466? I preferably didn't like when they made the 85 LPS class just because of what some say on here some spectators can't tell the difference between an 85 LPS and a super farm. But I still don't agree with combining these classes.

Basically, what I am saying is hot farm should have stayed at 466 with 20.8 tires, and super farm is super farm. SO, there is now 85 LPS with 466 and 24.5, 95 HF with 466 and 20.8's, and 95 HF with 510 and 20.8's, plus the Lucas Oil East Coast is 10k HF with I don't even know the tire size, and I think they are 466. To restate my question, why was 510 HF made?

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 18, 2022 12:42PM
Maybe to help get more Case 504s, CIH 505s, and MF 510? Just purely a guess. I would like to see that done for those odd engines that parts are not as readily available. Leave the IH and JD at 466. Anything else can run 510 until they start kicking butt and parts and builders for those brand parts start become more commonplace like the JD or IH parts. Other motorsports do that. No reason tractor pulling couldn't. The fans would be more appreciative. That is part of the draw and support for LLSS, meaning more brands.

There is already LLPS in PPL and Outlaws it's 8500 lps October 18, 2022 12:48PM
Better come up with another name. Next idea please to correct the sport.

Re: Will any classes get hit hard in 2023? October 19, 2022 12:49AM
This thread right here is a prime example of why tractor pulling will always be a subpar motor sport. Bash each other and ignore the true problems of the sport. Good job everyone.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,688, Posts: 229,793, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member Jason