Exhaust leaks at Turbo October 21, 2022 07:17AM
I have been fighting exhaust leaks between the exhaust manifold and t3 to t4 adapter, also between the adapter and the turbo. Normal beaded SST gaskets have not worked because the bead is inside of the flange and therefore the bead is not compressed and does not seal. I have tried composite gasket that look like engine header gaskets from my car days, they also have not worked. FYI, gasket surfaces are clean and flat, and the fasteners have been torqued and retorqued, but the gasket still fail.

I see some copper sheet gaskets and wonder if anyone has had success with those? Any other suggestions?

Re: Exhaust leaks at Turbo October 21, 2022 07:55AM
I run copper exhaust manifold gaskets, they work great. I apply permatex copper silicon. Have re used them a few times now. Right around 70psi exhaust pressure.

Re: Exhaust leaks at Turbo October 21, 2022 11:30AM
I use them between manifold and adapter, and also between turbo and adapter. I like them. I get mine from copper gaskets unlimited. Install them, torque em down, run motor to build some heat, then retorque. Surfaces must be flat and clean.

[coppergaskets.us]

Re: Exhaust leaks at Turbo October 21, 2022 12:40PM
Maybe try these guys. [www.clarkcoppergaskets.com]

Re: Exhaust leaks at Turbo October 25, 2022 03:18AM
UPDATE: I used copper gaskets with a thin coat of muffler cement, I will torque them again after getting the exhaust warm.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason