Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 08:53AM
I am happy to announce that Hillary's Mean Green Pulling Sled is under new ownership! We will be posting contact information on Pulloff in the next couple of days and have started contacting Mike and Marion's customers to let them know we will booking shows.

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 10:51AM
Where are you located?

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 11:18AM
East Central Illinois Champaign/Urbana area

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 02:18PM
GlennMc
Where are you located?

If I am correct this is one of, if not the last sled still using no cab. The old operator, I think, just used safety glasses. Its closest reference to what I mean would be the ironman sleds in 1998

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 02:36PM
You are correct

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 02:42PM
Ford 9000 puller
You are correct

Please tell me you are keeping it without a cab?! That's history right there!

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 01, 2022 10:52PM
Not planning any changes at this time

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 02, 2022 01:36AM
That ought to keep you busy Joel lol Now we can complain to you and not Mike! Lol Don't know if I should congratulate you or give you my sympathies....

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 04, 2022 04:30PM
Wish Mike and Marion a great retirement from the sled business, they are great very kind folks!

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 04, 2022 04:38PM
Was this sled originally built by and campaigned by Dave Hagar, with NC+ sponsorship on the sled?

Thanks Mike Hillary for all the years as a professional sled operator.

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 04, 2022 04:42PM
Yes, built in the late 80s by Hager

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 05, 2022 12:35AM
It was the Gray version of the Old Ironsides sled built in 1997 or 1998

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 05, 2022 04:04AM
For anyone who is curious.... No, the Mean Green sled is not the same machine that was blue with the NC+ Hybrids painting, that sled was sold to Finland in about 88 or so.

The Mean Green sled was originally the sled Dave built immediately following selling the first sled, so 89 ish was when Mean Green was built utilizing the twin small block Chevrolet with the Banter crossbox. It originally had the mural of the USS Missouri on the side, it was later converted to the Deutz/Allison drive setup in the early 90's & ran until 97.

In 98 it was rebuilt again & painted gray until Dave sold it to Mike in about 2001 when the first yellow sled was built with the cab.

Re: Mean Green Pulling Sled November 05, 2022 02:02PM
Everything is complete Bromance Motorsports is the new owner of the Mean Green Pulling sled and with Mike's blessing we will be keeping the Mean Green name. Office headquarters will be based in Thawville, Illinois and the sled will work out of Champaign, Illinois, Any questions can be directed to 217-817-7855 (pull) or emailed to
Bromance.Motorsports@gmail.com

Joel Moore and Brad Clemmons

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro