DIDC... What a joke!!! November 06, 2022 01:57PM
First of all, I have attended events all over the southeast for years, including the Diesels in Dark Corners event since my first time attending in 2020. And I must say, if they are going to continue doing business as they did this weekend, they will forever lose my attendance as well as many others it seems.

The track was the worst I had seen it there on Friday night, wayyy too wet & greasy, I thought they hired a dirt crew from the Carolinas to handle the track there? The track crew did not seem like they had a clue what was going on & took forever between hooks, and that huge hole at 250 feet, what was up with that??? Started the show at 6 Friday night & the last semi ran at like 2:15 am, over 8 hours for roughly 100 hooks??? Get real people!!! Thats over 5 minutes per hook! And why do they call it a truck AND TRACTOR pull with only one tractor class with a whopping FIVE tractors & one exhibition tractor??? I noticed a different sled was hired this year, and I noticed some big inconsistencies there, 2.6 trucks at almost 350' then kills the super stock trucks at 315 ish, then let's 3.0 run 350', and 3.6 runs way out, and the semi's almost 400 feet! And the dirt that sled threw out the sides, maybe thats why the big hole developed in the track, the sled threw it all off to the sides.

But the part that takes the cake.... I understand nobody can help the weather, but Saturday night they only completed the first two classes of six, they were less than halfway through the 3rd class, way less than halfway through the total amount of hooks for the night, & it started raining so they went into a rain delay. That rain delay lasted over TWO HOURS before they officially canceled the remainder of the show. So after getting soaked waiting for the inevitable & running way less than half the scheduled show, they call it & refuse any sort of a refund or even a rain check!!! I don't care what the circumstances are, but that is just plain bad business in my book. Did the promoters at least split the purse for the classes not able to hook or did they pocket all that gate money? There was a HUGE crowd Saturday night, so if they kept all that money without splitting the purse with the pullers then they are a bunch of thieves and pullers should remember that in the future!!!

I'm just a paying spectator but I suppose I should have known better considering it's basically just a glorified "brush pull" in the first place. Something like this was bound to happen at some point, but I really thought the folks at liberty truck & tractor pull were better than that....

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 06, 2022 02:26PM
They do a great job every year cry about it somewhere else if your not smart enough to read the poster that says they will have a tractor class at a diesel truck show/event that’s on you also it was in Georgia not exactly cheap to run down there and back $$ again if you had any brains at all when it’s raining maybe you should find shelter I’m not sure how you get threw life daily with your narrow minded self and this isn’t the first time distances are spread like that happens a lot you must not go to many pulls once more when most people are 5-6 hours from home or farther waiting a little longer to hope they can get it in is normal I’ve also never been to any event where they give refunds for rain that again is common cents which you lack extremely but I had a great time if anything was a problem there don’t go back I’m sure they would much appreciate it also you should run your own show and tell us how that goes

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 06, 2022 11:50PM
That folks is an example of a run on sentence!! Wow

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 07, 2022 02:04AM
That’s it? Run on sentence is your response to what was said…?

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 08, 2022 02:02AM
USE YOUR CAPS KEY BON JOKEY MAKE IT EVEN HARDER TO READ

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 07, 2022 02:47AM
I don’t know who you are “Disgruntled Spectator” but as a competitor that also helps put on a couple pretty big shows out west, I gotta say the first time making the trip down from Missouri to compete in this event, I had quite the opposite outlook on the outcome than you did. The crew at Liberty Truck and Tractor Pull I thought put on fantastic show for the deck of cards they were dealt. The track was great for us pullers both nights and hook order didn’t appear to be an advantage, which is not very typical in a class 30 deep like 2.6 and 3.0 were. Both of those two classes had trucks from all over the hook order finishing in the top 10. Yes, it took a little longer than some were used to in between hooks, but I feel that was because they were taking their time to put the track back together, which in turn made it more consistent for us competitors. As far as Saturday night in our pullers meeting when they did decide to call it, Hank and Ryan both stated how they have always kinda taken pride in being able to peel that dirt off and keep on pulling. In all the years of having DIDC, I believe this was the first rainout they have had.
They waited as long as they did to call it because they were trying to let the few storm cells radar was showing get moved through and get back to pulling. When you have pullers from 1,000+ miles away, you can’t just throw the towel in as soon as the first raindrops fall. In the end, they admitted they were simply dealt more rain than they felt like they could handle. They asked us pullers what we wanted to do (wait it out longer, pull Sunday morning, etc…) but when you have people from that far away, those decisions are tough to make with the weather forecast they had and folks already having travel plans. As far as the payout, they split the purse evenly amongst all Saturday night pullers that were signed up which I thought was more than fair.
These fellas at DIDC put their heart and pride into this show and truly have something special. Thanks again Hank, Ryan, and the rest of the crew for putting on such a great event! We’ll definitely be back and I’d say we’ll be bringing a few more along with us from west of the Mississippi!

Lane Aldrich
Smokin Goat 2.6 Pull Truck
Too Far Gone 5.0 Pro Stock

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 07, 2022 09:07AM
Well said lane. That group of guys work their butts off to put on one last show of the year for all of the diesel truck Pullers. They go above and beyond almost any other pull out there to take care of the Pullers. Guys travel from all over the United States to pull there and it proves that their hospitality is above and beyond. I have never seen a rain check or refunded at any motorsports event. It is the last pull of the year for almost everybody there and we enjoy letting it all hang out at 350 feet or more. For the first year of that sled being there I feel as if they did a great job. Missed the superstock class but all the others it was very impressive. I want to thank Rayn and Hank and we are already looking forward to next year.

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 08, 2022 10:39AM
Disgruntled Spectator
First of all, I have attended events all over the southeast for years, including the Diesels in Dark Corners event since my first time attending in 2020. And I must say, if they are going to continue doing business as they did this weekend, they will forever lose my attendance as well as many others it seems.

The track was the worst I had seen it there on Friday night, wayyy too wet & greasy, I thought they hired a dirt crew from the Carolinas to handle the track there? The track crew did not seem like they had a clue what was going on & took forever between hooks, and that huge hole at 250 feet, what was up with that??? Started the show at 6 Friday night & the last semi ran at like 2:15 am, over 8 hours for roughly 100 hooks??? Get real people!!! Thats over 5 minutes per hook! And why do they call it a truck AND TRACTOR pull with only one tractor class with a whopping FIVE tractors & one exhibition tractor??? I noticed a different sled was hired this year, and I noticed some big inconsistencies there, 2.6 trucks at almost 350' then kills the super stock trucks at 315 ish, then let's 3.0 run 350', and 3.6 runs way out, and the semi's almost 400 feet! And the dirt that sled threw out the sides, maybe thats why the big hole developed in the track, the sled threw it all off to the sides.

But the part that takes the cake.... I understand nobody can help the weather, but Saturday night they only completed the first two classes of six, they were less than halfway through the 3rd class, way less than halfway through the total amount of hooks for the night, & it started raining so they went into a rain delay. That rain delay lasted over TWO HOURS before they officially canceled the remainder of the show. So after getting soaked waiting for the inevitable & running way less than half the scheduled show, they call it & refuse any sort of a refund or even a rain check!!! I don't care what the circumstances are, but that is just plain bad business in my book. Did the promoters at least split the purse for the classes not able to hook or did they pocket all that gate money? There was a HUGE crowd Saturday night, so if they kept all that money without splitting the purse with the pullers then they are a bunch of thieves and pullers should remember that in the future!!!

I'm just a paying spectator but I suppose I should have known better considering it's basically just a glorified "brush pull" in the first place. Something like this was bound to happen at some point, but I really thought the folks at liberty truck & tractor pull were better than that....

So next year volunteer to help them and show them how it should be done. You seem to have all the answers.

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 09, 2022 02:36AM
First off I want to thank Hank, Ryan and all the DIDC folks for having us there with the sled this year it was an honer to be part of an event like that. With that said we do over 200 events all over but mostly in KY and TN for most of you you understand that the dirt here in Kentucky is nothing like the Georgia red clay that actually has natural sand in it, so we had to adjust from what we are used to. We were instructed to let stuff run so it would put on a show and that was why most classes were hovering the 350 mark. As for the Super Stock trucks I was instructed that we were to tight on the setting Friday night where the winner was like 318 I think, so the statement was can you let them run and put on a show! Well if 318 at 32 mph was where we was and they said to let them run to do anything above that we're looking at them going 50 feet farther at least. The winner was like 380 but did 38.2 mph and the crowd went wild. So was that a bit to far? Probably so but
the fans loved it and that is what pays the bills. My point is we have to make everyone happy meaning the promotor, the pullers and the fans and sometimes you just can't win for loosing in doing that lol, but as a whole I wish the rain would have held off because I think Saturday night was gonna be a barn burner for sure. Also the level of competition there was top shelf , and above all the atmosphere there was the best iv seen anywhere meaning the fellowship and hospitality. And to the DIDC staff kudos to you for doing the money the way you did, iv been to many of events that absolutely would have not gave that purse money to the pullers, that was great big in my eyes and simply says the DIDC staff are the real deal when it comes to being honest and appreciating your competitors! Pulling people are the best people in the world my opinion.

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 09, 2022 03:39AM
sled did a GREAT job there all weekend! i was there and thought both sled settings for super stocks were fine, i did enjoy the longer faster runs night 2, there was no problem there at all, there was atleast 450 ft of prepped track

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 09, 2022 04:21AM
are there spectator seats at 450

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 09, 2022 12:14PM
Sled
First off I want to thank Hank, Ryan and all the DIDC folks for having us there with the sled this year it was an honer to be part of an event like that. With that said we do over 200 events all over but mostly in KY and TN for most of you you understand that the dirt here in Kentucky is nothing like the Georgia red clay that actually has natural sand in it, so we had to adjust from what we are used to. We were instructed to let stuff run so it would put on a show and that was why most classes were hovering the 350 mark. As for the Super Stock trucks I was instructed that we were to tight on the setting Friday night where the winner was like 318 I think, so the statement was can you let them run and put on a show! Well if 318 at 32 mph was where we was and they said to let them run to do anything above that we're looking at them going 50 feet farther at least. The winner was like 380 but did 38.2 mph and the crowd went wild. So was that a bit to far? Probably so but
the fans loved it and that is what pays the bills. My point is we have to make everyone happy meaning the promotor, the pullers and the fans and sometimes you just can't win for loosing in doing that lol, but as a whole I wish the rain would have held off because I think Saturday night was gonna be a barn burner for sure. Also the level of competition there was top shelf , and above all the atmosphere there was the best iv seen anywhere meaning the fellowship and hospitality. And to the DIDC staff kudos to you for doing the money the way you did, iv been to many of events that absolutely would have not gave that purse money to the pullers, that was great big in my eyes and simply says the DIDC staff are the real deal when it comes to being honest and appreciating your competitors! Pulling people are the best people in the world my opinion.
Your setting were fine

Ps. Thanks again for saving my a$$ Friday night

Re: DIDC... What a joke!!! November 10, 2022 07:19AM
No problem I'm just glad we got stopped before the wall!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520