LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 05:08AM
Just checking in on the LLSS guys, you've been quiet far too long

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 08:14AM
Talking about llss sounds like alot more fun than talking about the other stuff that's been on here lately...

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 10, 2022 03:04PM
The tractors only have a thousand more horses than when the class started, 5500-5800 should still work and be safe…LOL

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 09:31AM
Here’s a fun question: what is the maximum weight that a Light Limited Super Stock should weigh?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 01:14PM
I think I've watched just about every llss video on YouTube because its my favorite class. Its the closest thing to 5500 super stock that we'll have in todays world. And the fact that bigger national pulls like nfms dont have this class is beyond me. Keeping this class light as possible definitely would be beneficial, but its seems like just about every video I've watched of these theres atleast one tractor that gets wild, and its a different tractor in every video that does so. So with that being said, how much more can we really lower the weight? Drivers seem to have their hands full the way it is. Would lowering the weight make this class unsafe?

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 11:53PM
John Murray
Here’s a fun question: what is the maximum weight that a Light Limited Super Stock should weigh?

[sarcasm] It shouldn't be too much over 8,000 lbs. Unless of course they give them bigger turbos, then it should stay under 10,000 lbs. [/sarcasm]

It should be a 6,000 lb. class at a maximum (too bad it's already more almost everywhere). Of course that means it will likely go to 6,847 lbs. soon because pulling always seems to get it wrong.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 08:14AM
470 is just another thing as jake morgan said because pulling always seems to get it wrong 470 was just another mistake same with de stroking

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 02:14PM
what is the difference between de cubing a big motor to fit the rules or up cubing a small engine to the maximum allowed?

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 10:51PM
Cylinder head flow,and block rigidity is the big difference

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 11:16PM
Exactly. I don't understand why some are against de cubing. I was just wondering if there was reasoning behind it .

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 12, 2022 07:48AM
In 1990 when tracks sucked, tires sucked, the added weight of safety equipment wasn't there, front axles and frames were made out of popsicle sticks, and people thought it was great if you went for a wild ride, 5500 was great.

Current safety equipment and modern tires puts that number at 6000 today.

We don't like wrenching on rear ends every weekend, the new tires hook better, we don't like using parts out of our erector set to build the frame and front axle. We're not allowed component (I agree with that), or aluminum replacement castings. So lets allow enough wiggle room in there to get the next series bigger rear end in these things so they actually hold up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2022 07:50AM by sfd823.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 10:02AM

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 10:04AM
5500 maybe 5800

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 11:06AM
Oh yeah! That Will get rid of the big D cubed engines. And the larger tractor transmissions and rear ends. Be like going back in time end of the 1970s! 5,500hell yeah

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 11:36AM
No more than 6000. Some LLSS weigh more the PPL or NTPA LSS pull at. That's crazy

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 01:27PM
class was 58 to start with 55 was the first thought but gave 300 pounds to allow for the 466s then 200 more was gave for the 30.5 tires after going from the 24s

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 08, 2022 11:17PM

Never going to change us, throw weights or run light or stay home.

Just wish BSTP, would let the 466's pull with them

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 12:52AM
"6500

Never going to change us, throw weights or run light or stay home"

I'm not pulling with BSTP but couldn't agree more. 6500 is a perfectly acceptable weight. This isn't 1975 - we have progressed and are running puller tires (heavier than Ag tires were), roll cages, and whole host of safety equipment that wasn't necessarily the norm "back in the day".

For the life of me I don't know why we continue to compare this class to 5500 SS - it's dead. We've progressed. Just like the cost of parts or the value of the dollar today vs 30 years ago........things change. This is (was) supposed to be an "economical" alternative to LSS, so stop making people spend ridiculous money to lighten a cast tractor. And don't try and tell me even the ones that would fit without mass shaving don't spend money to put weight out front also, because they do.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 01:19AM
Why doesn't badger state allow 470? Its time they get with the times. Theres still time for badger state to change the rules for next year, i believe they have their meeting in December.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 01:34AM
For all of you that want BSTP to run 470 . We do have a meeting in Dec . I have been asking for the last few years someone to come state the case for 470. Haven't seen anyone or any calls for people interested, just that we should change just because. And are you going to run all the season pulls ? And support all year long?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2022 01:35AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 01:59AM
If i would go to the meeting i would just get backed into a corner and get shot down with bringing up the 470 discussion. If i wouldn't get shot down and you all would agree to change the rules then why cant you guys just change it without me going?

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 02:04AM
It has been brought up multiple times, through multiple channels.

Yet here we are.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 03:14AM
As for the channels who you talk too? Did you call the class rep? And if the both are that interested call me. But after 7 at night with harvest still going.

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2022 04:15AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 11:15AM
470 WAS JUST ANOTHER PULLING ALWAYS GETS IT WRONG LIKE JAKE SAID go badgers keep it write

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 12:29PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
As for the channels who you talk too? Did you call the class rep? And if the both are that interested call me. But after 7 at night with harvest still going.

Out of respect for Greg, I am not going air this dirty laundry here.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 01:10AM
The class present rules to the board. If it not discussed with in the class break out sessions it will never get voted on. My advice is to talk with the class reps or come to the meeting. It never hurts to listen to new ideas. But telling someone on this forum mostly goes no where with out someone voicing thought the right channels or a phone call.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 01:44AM
Remember you said that, at Fair convention time.

Don't bother sitting by your phone.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 02:45AM
One thing is I haven't be asked to be a the fair convention to represent our class. Plus the rules for the class are already in place by the convention in February. If you would like to see change come to the meeting on December 3 at 12:00 noon . I would be happy to discuss it .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 06:24AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 04:14AM
David Runkle(earls dream)
One thing is I haven't be asked to be a the fair convention to represent our class. Plus the rules for the class are already in place by the convention in February. I you would like to see change come to the meeting on December 3 at 12:00 noon . I would be happy to discuss it .

So, I have to drive down and beg you, to fix your product, that I am trying to buy?

Ya, none of that is going to happen.

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 07:21AM
So Badger State change their rules to appease some random internet puller that can't even sign their name? Got it. I'll run that past our members tomorrow at our annual rules meeting and see if we should change our rules on a whim for random people on the internet who may or may not ever come and pull with us.

If you so badly want them to change their rules and allow 466's in the LLSS class, show up and put some skin in the game. Hook exhibition in the class and show them that the 466's compete fairly. Complaining on the internet isn't going to help your case..

-Ryan Sieck

---

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 11, 2022 08:41AM
RYAN68
So Badger State change their rules to appease some random internet puller that can't even sign their name? Got it. I'll run that past our members tomorrow at our annual rules meeting and see if we should change our rules on a whim for random people on the internet who may or may not ever come and pull with us.

If you so badly want them to change their rules and allow 466's in the LLSS class, show up and put some skin in the game. Hook exhibition in the class and show them that the 466's compete fairly. Complaining on the internet isn't going to help your case..

-Ryan Sieck

Not a puller anymore, I am just one of those persons, That pulls come to with their handout, looking for a check.

Go back a read all my posts in this thread, (Just wish BSTP, would let the 466's pull with them) I still do.

followed by (It has been brought up multiple times, through multiple channels. Yet here we are.) Fact

Due to my sponsorships along with a family Fair board connection, and a farm equipment manufacture, I use the $.

The only way the LLSS class will get added to a current BSTP pull, is if I cut the check, nobody else connected wants them.

Without the 466 tractors, it's a nonstarter.

No more-No less

$

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 11:57AM
your right this is not 1975 and llss was not started in 1975 anybody know when it was started ?ill guess around 2000 at what weight 5800 /6000 stop your bitching MORE WEIGHT IS NOT NEEDED PERIOD

Re: LLSS Ohio/Kentucky rules November 09, 2022 11:25PM
Eye Rolling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520