The new NTPA 5. regional PS class. November 11, 2022 06:34AM
I've been watching this class proposal and I never realized that this was being started as a RN level on trial basis in Region 2. So this begs the question, who is going to build for a class that is only being offered in region 2 and only on a trial basis? Why would anyone take this leap of faith to invest their time and money into a class that may, or may not be permanent? Is the NTPA hoping that 1; the present PS pullers will move to the 5 PS class, 2; 4.1 tractors will buy a 5 inch charger and support the class. 3; there are enough Outlaw/ Silver series tractors that are interested in traveling. As I look at the points in the NTPA region 2 PS class, I see a total of 3 events, with 1 being in Indiana and 2 in Ohio. I really can't see the OSTPA PS pullers supporting this class. And I certainly can't see any Lt. PS pullers wanting to give up 140 cubic inches to compete in the class either. These rules almost look like what the government does when they want something to fail that the population wants. They write rules that makes it impossible for the project to succeed. So what am I missing here?

From the NTPA tech page; Pro Stock Tractors – RN level on trial basis in Region 2

Turbo limited to 5 inch intake and exhaust, no intercooler, all other rules for Pro Stock class in NTPA Rule Book remain the same as GN Heavy Pro Stock including cubic inch, component chassis and weight.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 06:36AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: The new NTPA 5. regional PS class. November 11, 2022 01:02PM
The R2 Pro class is supposed to get Pros like Soupline Express out of the barn and on the track. Is it the best way? I guess we'll see as long as some promoters take a chance on it

Re: The new NTPA 5. regional PS class. November 11, 2022 10:19PM
Rather than adding another class, should of let components in the 4.1 class, it's going to happen anyway

Re: The new NTPA 5. regional PS class. November 12, 2022 02:11AM
I understand what your saying Jonesy, but what people are forgetting is that for NTPA they operate on memberships to drive their business. So if they could find a way to add another 10 classes and have enough interest in another 10 classes you would see the skies open up in Columbus and a bright light shine through. It's all about money and quantity and not much about quality.

Re: The new NTPA 5. regional PS class. November 13, 2022 10:58PM
Not saying anything Rude by any means here.
I'm hoping this class revives alot of tractors that have been parked as well, or tractors that need serious updates to be able to run with the top GN/Champions tour tractors.
one of my favorite tractors: Linder Brothers, would be a dominate tractor in this class. Soupline Express would be another. both tractors extremely dominate in their hay day.
I am no means bashing either one of the above tractors, they are still my favorite when they show up!

maybe it'll also encourage tractors like the Parkers to get their tractors out more than once a year and run some extra pulls.
maybe you'd see the ol shot gun red out again. (Even though at dover it let everything hang out on the track this year)
maybe you'd see fool's gold run more than just an OSTPA event if its allowed in this class.

SO MUCH POTENTIAL in Ohio.....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM