What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 03:46AM
The Mitas thread got me wondering in general: Which rule(s) tend to be the most unenforced or underenforced, whether fuel, weight, safety. Ci limits, etc,?

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 04:23AM
I will take a stab at the question. I would say the cubic inch rule is the one that is seldom, if ever checked.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 05:11AM
Mine would be I believe almost everyone has a neutral start switch override. Necessary at times yet completely defeats the purpose. So I guess that would fall under safety.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 05:59AM
Also I can not recall a time when fuel or cubes has ever been checked. I do believe though that it should be regulated more especially when you see people constantly putting twenty or more feet on everyone almost every single hook.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 06:47AM
I would say safety would be the #1.
there's nothing more frustrating than seeing a neck brace hanging on the side of a roll cage as the tractor is going down the track and the association uses that picture as a promotional item or uses it as a cover photo on social media.
what's even the point?

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 01:34PM
I do remember around 1998 at ATPA event a tractor was protested for drawbar.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 07:44AM
How about this one.

13. Excessive loss of liquid will result in disqualification, if vehicle is under the green flag. Failure to stop will resultin disqualification. Excessive is defined as any steady or intermittent stream equal to a spot on the track of ten (10) inches in diameter. Major mechanical breakage will not
result in disqualification.

I feel like every Mod tractor could get DQ'd. Years ago we had to put a catch can on. Now they all blow onto ground. Intercooler tractors do the same thing because of an loosely sealed ice water tank.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 09:44AM
There wouldn't be a superfarm tractor champion if that rule was enforced .
They dump 10 gallons of water just about the end of the pull.
I often wonder why they never dq them .
Quite ridiculous

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 11:46PM
Good luck seeing an NTPA Superfarm with water on the track (unless it has a water injection system issue).

Dry Block and no intercooler = no water on track.

Lol.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 11:56PM
Every Chizek tractor would be DQed if they inforced this rule . Why wouldn't they put a catch can on ?

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 12:11PM
I don't follow any other motorsport other than pulling,which does a bad job of rule enforcement..does nascar,nhra,or dirt late models and sprints have the same lack of enforcement..manpower is probably the factor

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 01:49PM
Nascar teams crew chiefs and drivers get fined 50k to 100k and loose points all the time. This past year denny and kb even had a first and second place finsh taken away after failing post race inspection.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 03:12PM
Well since it was brought up in the other thread. Open helmet visors have been the one that drove me nuts all year. Kept waiting for a mini to blow up in someone’s face every time. Alcohol fires are terrible because they are near invisible. Not so much a rule, but can’t stand seeing people in hot pit and or helping back vehicles wearing flip flops or sandals. That may be from having a vehicle drive over my feet before. Shoes at least.. some interesting drawbar antics. I’ve heard of some Cubes rumors but never heard of them checking. Actually seen a tractor drive away without the killswitch in it. Oops. Always the water and fuel game in the super farms. There was a bore spacing issue but a blown up engine at BG ended that a few years ago.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 06:44PM
Although the helmet visor thing is just a cat C matter (drivers safety), it concerns me also. Observed that there are only few flag people around that demand the driver via hand sign to close the visor at least to an left gap of e.g. an inch or less, before they'll give them green. I know it depends on weather conditions that the visor will get foggy quite quick, of course. But ventilation systems for helmets aren't that expensive anymore nowadays. I guess we'll see it someday that someone get seriously hurt because of his wide opened visor, during an fuel/oil line breakage, or whatever.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 16, 2022 11:50PM
"Not so much a rule, but can’t stand seeing people in hot pit and or helping back vehicles wearing flip flops or sandals. That may be from having a vehicle drive over my feet before. Shoes at least.."

I fail to see how a shoe dramatically changes the outcome of having your foot driven over (aside from superficial wounds maybe). It's still going to be a mess.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 17, 2022 12:44AM
whatever
"Not so much a rule, but can’t stand seeing people in hot pit and or helping back vehicles wearing flip flops or sandals. That may be from having a vehicle drive over my feet before. Shoes at least.."

I fail to see how a shoe dramatically changes the outcome of having your foot driven over (aside from superficial wounds maybe). It's still going to be a mess.

I live in steel/composite toe boot world so that is the only way you will be protected. Do I expect a hot pit full of boots? No. But, my point is how many times have you seen people slip In sandals, trip over dirt piles, catch a random rock under foot, lose a flop..etc. I am In no way advocating for the shoe police, but it’s not the beach out on the track.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 17, 2022 12:03AM
Years ago the 'rule" about helmet shields went from a rule to suggested. Reason was if someone got hurt with their shield closed the sanctioning body could then be held liable for injuries. Not sure if it's still that way.

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 17, 2022 04:06PM
division,
I think you are correct that the visor being down is not mandated. The catch can is much the same, it was going to be mandated but then never got put into effect because with all of the alcohol fumes in the catch can it could explode if an engine were to come apart and throw parts though the can.

We have solved the visor fogging issue with ventilated helmets and a remote fan. We look a little like Predators but it works.

We also solved the blowby issue by building blowby tanks that are behind the engines out of harms way, they get the job done. After a pass down the track we drain the tanks, we usually get about a cup of alcohol and about an ounce of oil.

S'no Farmer

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 17, 2022 11:36PM
Cubes for sure in the "starter classes".

Re: What are the most unenforced or underenforced rules in pulling? November 19, 2022 02:19AM
How about the 2wd at Enderle that lost its rear fender and they did not DQ him ? He was first puller he should have dropped his hook and had to come back .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520