Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 01:27AM
DISCLAIMER BEFORE YOU READ: I am a very biased supporter of NTPA; just my personal preference.

Ok, with that out of the way, I feel a little tickled. A couple of announcements have come from both NTPA and PPL this week. Naturally, there have been long threads full of opinions and reactions. Cool. Let's look at them.

NTPA's announcement: We will be enforcing a rule that has already been in our rulebooks. Upon further inspection, a popular piece of equipment does not meet the standards of that rule, and therefore will not be allowed until adjustments are made in the 2023 season. They didn't ban something. They didn't write a new rule. They just clarified what the rules already said.
REACTION: Everyone thinks NTPA has no foresight, that they are a terrible organization, that they have no leaderships, that they are digging their own grave. OMG, they are just awful for doing this.

PPL: Our owner and namesake for the entire organization is selling the entire league, sponsorship is uncertain.
REACTIONS: I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Seems like a good business decision.

Okee dokee...

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 04:11AM
this new product fell under the already existing rule which was not enforced,for whatever reasons, now very costly lack of leadership, -can't just shrink tires.Wht was the rule ignored and suddenly looked at now,after thousand(hundreds of thousands,) were spent.

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 08:40AM
I’m venturing away from the tire rule thing a little bit , but I am in agreement with you, how many times have we heard people bash NTPA on here for lack of leadership or sub par payouts in comparison? It seems as though NTPA paints a true picture of how much money is left on the table for purse when not relying so much on a shot in the arm from a sponsor or wealthy owner, im certain the Pro Pulling League won’t dry up but I’m certain things will change and maybe NTPA doesn’t look so foolish after all .

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 04:29AM
A question I have had since this tire debate has started. When we were all still running the old style puller tires, were they measured before they were cut?

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 08:51AM
I can tell you with certainty, as an NTPA tech official, that "old" tires have been measured before. Has happened in Michigan. JW

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products, to; JW November 21, 2022 12:25PM
I agree JW, Iowa too !! Ask Brian Deck.
To address the measuring new Mitas 24.5, I am guilty for not even noticing them last year.
And it turns out I teched tractors with them on.
BAD HAROLD! BAD !!!
Only way I can measure them, are "as cut". And I (we) should have.
Hopefully the rule can be modified to be same as Outlaws. And whatever PPL turns into.
Will they self identify as "they/them"??? Or as "Ya-Alls" ?
I will try to do better going forward.

Re: Mitas Products/ Lucas Oil Products November 21, 2022 09:34AM
Michael Eitel
NTPA's announcement: We will be enforcing a rule that has already been in our rulebooks. Upon further inspection, a popular piece of equipment does not meet the standards of that rule, and therefore will not be allowed until adjustments are made in the 2023 season. They didn't ban something. They didn't write a new rule. They just clarified what the rules already said.
REACTION: Everyone thinks NTPA has no foresight, that they are a terrible organization, that they have no leaderships, that they are digging their own grave. OMG, they are just awful for doing this.

This should really read something like "..and once the right people complained enough we decided to look at it and stop ignoring it because we knew the backlash we were going to get."

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,776, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member Jason