How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 06, 2009 02:07PM
How much power will a stock 4010 trans and rear handle?

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 07, 2009 04:55AM
alot just ask lemkes! there has been alot more than just them that ran those for years

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 07, 2009 04:51PM
maybe 1 hp

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 08, 2009 03:37AM
Sorry Sully, but I can guarantee there is little that is "stock" about Lemke's tranny. At probably 300 to 400 hp you will start breaking aluminum piece on the top shaft with the syncro packs. You can eliminate that by grinding off the back gear of the counter shaft, eliminate syncro's on top shaft with just the drive and reverse gear (weld these solid), making it a three speed with 5,7,and 8th. Then when you get up to guessing 700 or 800hp you will start stripping off the front drive gear on the top shaft and bust out the bearing retainer. Only way to prevent this is to get straight cut gears or complete tranny from Lemke's, GMS, Roberts, or whomever.

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 08, 2009 05:16AM
OK, so you go with straight cut gears welded to the top shaft - is the top shaft to input shaft spines the next weak point? At what point do they give up?

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 08, 2009 11:14AM
Yes, they are. Not sure at what point they would go, but the splines on our input shaft were actually slightly twisted even running the factory drive gears. Sorry for not clarifying on the straight cut gears on top shaft. You can get weld on gears for factory shaft i believe, but as you said, splines will most likely go. What we got was actually a whole new top shaft that is much heavier than the factory shaft, and has splines on it for the drive gear, and all you have to do is weld on the reverse gear. Also came with a much heavier input shaft and a coupler. I have heard that some are actually making the top shaft and input shaft one solid shaft, but would make splitting the tractor to change gear ratio's more difficult. Of course you would also have to either turn down the counter shaft and weld on a gear, or get a splined counter shaft and replace all the factory gears with straight cut gears. I would recomend the splined counter shaft, which will slide out the front of the case, otherwise you have to tear apart entire rearend and tranny if you need to change or replace anything.But if you go with that, you are talking about a pile of money, but worth it in the long run. Probably would have saved me money and alot of busted knuckles if we would have done it right to begin with!

Re: How much horsepower wil a stock 4010 handle? September 08, 2009 05:54AM
The limproinmo is right, I took 2 teeth off hi on the topshaft of my lps this weekend when it got to bouncing. Now I need to check into a 3 speed as well.But it did hold up a lot longer than I figured it would.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009