9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 25, 2022 12:43PM
Hey guys so at auction today I picked up some hubs. I got two sets of these DMI 2 U-bolt hubs, and a set of petersons with the 3 U-bolts. Now my question is, are these the desirable DMI hubs that guys talk about? How strong are they compared to the Petersons? I know the Petersons are ductile iron instead of cast iron. Is that what the DMI hubs are too? Thanks in advance

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 25, 2022 12:51PM
These are the hubs

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 25, 2022 12:53PM
Another picture of the front

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 25, 2022 01:43PM
These are cast hubs. They will work with true farm stock. But they can and will break if you step up to what some call "Farm Stock " that are running anything above stock 6th gear. If you make enough power to hang in stock 7th, then you run a risk of breaking these hubs and I would then suggest weld on hubs. Been there, done that. Best of luck!

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 25, 2022 02:01PM
Thanks, just looking to figure out if these would be a good spare set to keep. I run 6 and 8 mph pace classes so nothing crazy. The petersons are going on it and they are ductile iron which is 90,000 psi tensile strength vs 35-40000 psi for cast/maleable iron so much stronger. Some people refer to the Petersons as steel but I’ve heard of guys running them up over 1,000 hp with no issues and it could be luck at that point too, but for my less than 350 hp they should be plenty

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 26, 2022 05:29AM
I run cast iron 3 bolt hubs on a 3.5” axle in a hot farm class. 10,000lbs 22ish mph ground speed, probably in the 800hp range and knock on wood it’s holding fine. Most others in the class run them as well. Try not to get into a power hop ?

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 26, 2022 07:38AM
Hell,4 charger supers ran them 40 years ago

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 26, 2022 05:53AM
You are going to be fine with the Peterson’s for sure. I know someone who has ran a set on a 600 horse tractor for years with no trouble running road gear and high 3 for hundreds of passes. They are tough. I’d get a set of CAP bros hubs for much more than that though.

Re: 9 bolt hubs/Farm Stock November 27, 2022 05:17AM
We run capps brothers hubs. They are tapered sleeve hubs. They have worked very well for us. About 1300 hp pro farm interstate class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro