Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 03:13AM
Lucas oil dumps ProPulling and immediately announces a million dollar points fund for dirt late model series a $470,000 increase from 2022.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 07:52AM
WOW, you obviously have no clue how big dirt tracking is in America. I would guess their backwoods tracks in Ohio have a much larger attendance than our brush pulls do. Where would you put your advertising dollars? I bet you would choose where the most people will be. Do t get me wrong, I'm an avid pulling fan and always will be. Until we do a better job promoting our product, I bet we will loose other big sponsors. Just sayin.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 08:09AM
Yes I know how big dirt late model racing is. Change is much needed in the pulling world was basically the reason I posted this

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 10:21AM
There are hundreds of dirt tracks all over the country where they have weekly racing, and every so often bring in a big show where the local heroes can compete with the touring racers. How do you replicate that in pulling?

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 11:35AM
Seriously?
You think some "local guy" is going to jump into a Lucas Dirt Late Model series race?
Your ignorance amazes.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 11:52AM
HP
Seriously?
You think some "local guy" is going to jump into a Lucas Dirt Late Model series race?
Your ignorance amazes.

Even more so I'm sure the pros are not going to want to get their cars all beat up by a bunch of amateur racers for no good reason.
Just sayin.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 01:19PM
The only "local" guys that jump in are already involved in the circuit, and the traveling show happens to come to a track close to where they live.
I love too close to Knoxville and Boone for that one to work.
I get that the point trying to be made is a local tractor ought to get to pull at their state fair pull, or close GN/CT event. And not have to pay a per hook fee, etc.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 12:32PM
The local guys DO jump in the late model race. Some do well and others don't .

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 10, 2022 05:37PM
Some of our local guys travel and run this.

Search Flinner, Norris, Ferree.

These guys all come from western pa and compete with the Lucas regulars on occasion.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 11, 2022 12:58AM
Return on investment is not in tractor pulling for a sponsor like that in my opinion we were very lucky we had them as long as we did. Also a question i would ask how many pullers actually supported Lucas products in there vehicles. Also with pullers wanting no hook fee and high payouts its a recipe for failure for a venue that is a low attendance show compared to dirt racing. I as well like the idea of no hook fee and getting all ur family and friends in a venue for free but its not conducive to the financial health of the system. Before i get attacked on the cost to build and hauling etc i know what things cost. Iam just saying we cant keep acting like liberals wanting are college tution paid and free health insurance. Everything comes at a cost ?

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 11, 2022 02:29AM
I think when less than 1% of the US population uses tractors and can relate to tractor pulling. And people in the Ag community is getting older and farms getting passed on the the bigger farms is the problem for interest. As for thinking everyone get in for free your wrong , I am able to get only two in , others that come with pay their way and depending on what the gate changes is anywhere to 10 to 20 a person. Plus when attending other pulls that we hit as extra pulls we pay gate fee plus hook fee .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2022 02:58AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 11, 2022 02:33AM
Well the high paying dirt races charge a $100 to $200 entry fee plus $45 to $50 pit pass on top of that including the driver. Nothing is free in dirt racing

Compare/contrast tires issues in pulling and dirt late model racing December 13, 2022 12:54AM
$$$
Well the high paying dirt races charge a $100 to $200 entry fee plus $45 to $50 pit pass on top of that including the driver. Nothing is free in dirt racing

And, like pulling, there are some major storms brewing regarding tires, though unlike pulling, the major sanctioning bodies appear to be trying to work together this year.
Just be glad Hoosier doesn't make pulling tires.

Re: Compare/contrast tires issues in pulling and dirt late model racing December 13, 2022 11:58PM
Lucas pulling his money won’t affect there sales of oil products, years ago I stopped to get oil changed in my semi at Sapp brothers and couldn’t believe couple big company trucks were ahead of me had them put Lucas Oil treatment in. I asked the grease monkey if he sold very much of that stuff and said you’re the only 1 in 2 days that hasn’t put it in. I couldn’t believe it, I just laughed and told him well that engine has1.4 million miles and never had a drop of the high priced stuff and never will! Not saying it’s a bad product but I’ve never used it but there’s a lot of people or companies that do.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 11, 2022 10:21AM
HP
Seriously?
Your ignorance amazes.
I guess personally witnessing the “local guy” jumping in to run with the touring pros wouldn’t be good enough for you. It happens every year when they come through this area, so don’t call me ignorant, and if you are going to, at least be man enough to put your name with your post.
The big guys run more than Boone and Knoxville.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 13, 2022 12:51AM
HP
Seriously?
Your ignorance amazes.

Actually HP, he's right. Neither Lucas Oil nor World of Outlaws are invitationals. Anyone who's legal can show up to race, and considering there are 10-15 guys who follow the circuit for points (fewer for WoO Late Models) and the fields may be 30, 40, or for a larger race 60 or 70 cars, who do you think is making up the balance of the field?

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 11, 2022 03:32AM
Most all of pulling wounds are self influcted,pulling had national support 40 years ago,pulling had major sponsors ,for that time,40 years ago.the ag community was much larger at that time and the community was much younger.pulling had a mechanical bond to what the people actually used daily.face it,pulling just isn't going to make a big comeback,it's not going to grow,we've left the youth behind.back to dlm/pulling,I'm a huge dlm fan also,when I go to a woo event every car goes by me 60 times at a min,in pulling every tractor attempts to 1 time,ust to be with pulloffs a couple went twice,then we cut that by 50 percent.ill always be a fan/puller but I can realize it's on a serious downhill slide,with no fix available

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 13, 2022 12:57AM
patches
Most all of pulling wounds are self influcted,pulling had national support 40 years ago,pulling had major sponsors ,for that time,40 years ago.the ag community was much larger at that time and the community was much younger.pulling had a mechanical bond to what the people actually used daily.face it,pulling just isn't going to make a big comeback,it's not going to grow,we've left the youth behind.back to dlm/pulling,I'm a huge dlm fan also,when I go to a woo event every car goes by me 60 times at a min,in pulling every tractor attempts to 1 time,ust to be with pulloffs a couple went twice,then we cut that by 50 percent.ill always be a fan/puller but I can realize it's on a serious downhill slide,with no fix available

As someone who was too young to know all the details when WPI was formed, the impression I get is Mr. Wisconsin helped save NTPA, but either didn't have a vision or didn't know how to implement it, stayed too long, and other groups filled the vacuum.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 12, 2022 02:02PM
Yes,
They dump people that use hundreds of gallons of oil a month (at least) to sponsor people that might change their own (5 quarts at a time) because of Brandon Bernstein and Morgan?? I still don't understand the optics nor the bean counters on this one as I have understood that pulling paid it's own way.
Author:
bconner

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 13, 2022 12:20AM
I've been wondering how many users of their products will switch to one of their competitors due to them pulling the plug on pulling lol! Like said above, the pulling crowd likely uses a lot more of the oil products than the car fan base does. Many pullers own fleets of trucks or equipment that uses the products. Maybe the roundy rounders do too lol! Thanks to the Lucas family for all the years of support of all sorts of motorsports.

Re: Million dollar points fund 2023 December 13, 2022 04:34AM
Lucas Oil is no longer owning PPL, but whos to say they still wont be the official oil?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,735, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,919.

Our newest member JD_8520