What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 10:07AM
If someone wanted to build a brand new, nationally-competitive Pro Stock, Diesel Super, or Unlimited/Open Super, what is a ballpark range it would cost these days?

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 10:22AM
A Pro Stock engine builder told me that it is $200,000 complete and dyno’d engine. But that was a year ago

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 11:04AM
Probably looking 275-300 for a good alky as well.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 10:56AM
300k plus

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 01:21PM
A former pro stock puller told me $350k for a top of the line tractor.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 20, 2022 03:34PM
If you have to ask, you don’t want to know!

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 02:40AM
I priced a new turnkey Don Slama SF in 2007 was $165,000 so a new PS has to be in the $500,000+ range today.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 03:11AM
And I know....eats up $500K

BB

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 06:48AM
The labor bill itself would choke a mule. would it be 2/3 of it? Makes me sweat thinking about it

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 07:32AM
The cost of the tractor is just half the cost. You will need to buy a hauler and trailor. I always say if you can afford to build the tractor twice you can't afford it the first time.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 08:05AM
Just a fan here, but do the above prices include a spare engine and parts? What percentage of pullers have a spare engine? A second set of tires, etc.?

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 12:09PM
The HILARIOUS situation is the half million dollar tractor, 25k side by side. Half million dollar toterhome and trailer, WITHOUT a $600.00 winch to load the puller when it breaks.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 02:57PM
Nasty Cat is right, I got just as much in my trailer as I do my tractor.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 21, 2022 11:21PM
Just talking about the tractor here.to campaign a gn pro for 2 seasons on a precommit schedule,wouldn't ya need 400k in extra parts?.
You would have to plan on having 2 extra pumps,2 extra turbos,2 sets of injectors,extra mounted rear tires,extra clutch,then continually updating to latest and greatest,extra long block,extra set of sensors for datalogger,looks like a pro would be a million dollar expense to run for a points title for 2 seasons

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 22, 2022 07:26AM
The cost depends on how dirty you’re willing to get your hands.

Re: What is ballpark cost for brand new, top of the line PS, DSS, or USS? December 22, 2022 08:39AM
Yes, that is exactly right some of the best competitors over the years have built their own or did a lot of the work on their own tractors and in doing so have saved a ton of money and prolonged their careers, unfortunately there are less and less people willing or capable of doing the work but the ones that build not buy are quicker to earn my envy and respect.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,960.

Our newest member CBeard