Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 11:57AM
I stopped at a house today to buy a cream can that they had sitting there and I was talking with this guy. He told me to come inside and we went down to his basement and I was floored at least 50 restored original pedal tractors from John Deere 720's to Allis 8070 and all the 66 series IH plus a white 5 million IH This was unreal Does anyone on here restore or collect these and what do you have. I think I found my new hobby I have a black stripe in the garage that needs some work boy it sure looks fun.

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 12:37PM
I have one my wife has been wanting me to restore for our daughter our course its a FORD

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 12:42PM
i have a 856 ih that papaw bought me the day i was born.that was in 1971.that little tractor has more hours on it than a lot of real 856's.its one of my dearest poscessions

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 12:56PM
I have a ford 8000 that after getting beat by an IH in the pedal tractor race my dad had it modified at the local weld shop adding six inches in length and grinding the rear axle to allow for posi traction. Yeah it proably ruined the value but to see the look on that binder boys face when this modified tractor blew his doors in was priceless...

Re: Pedal Tractors September 10, 2009 10:36AM
Started bending the rules way back then to beat the binder boys huh? Lol Winking

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 02:18PM
For some reason I cant log in I just had to say Andy that your wife must be so proud that both of her girls drive fords

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 01:06PM
I have a 1070 tan and orange, a 1070 with a set ot stars and stripes like the spirt ot 76 and a red and black case IH 94 series. I always interested in more farm toys if any one has somthing to sell of I'll trade for model pulling tractors I make.

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 02:37PM
love pedals they are great I dont know how many I have for sure 1961 to current in John Deere several olivers dont tell anyone i think ther is even an red tractor in the collection hate the thought of it but may have to sell them either as a complete collection or will have to go to auction be prepared they are addicting

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 03:07PM
I just restored a IH 66 and put a custom tubular wide front end from Tom Magnuson and also put on a set of flat top fenders and made it a Black stripe 1066. Just bought another already restored IH 66 and a JD 40 series. Yes it is addicting, but one is going to be a Christmas or Birthday present for my nephew.

Re: Pedal Tractors September 07, 2009 05:32PM
Just wondering where you saw these, I have a good friend and his Dad has been restoring for many years has every JD and IH from the first to the newest and has a few off brands to last one I remember he was doing was a Massey-Ferguson have not seen it yet.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Pedal Tractors September 10, 2009 09:47AM
EBAY!

Re: Pedal Tractors September 09, 2009 03:22AM
Kind of a neat little hobby. My dad has at least one of about every color. On farm sales you will see them go from $150 to over a thousand, depending on the year, color, and shape it's in. I have restored a couple of them. You can still buy new sets of stickers for almost all of them from Ertl toy company.

Re: Pedal Tractors September 10, 2009 10:34AM
My dad at the age of 82 has got the bug he has a lot of old ones mostly IH and J.D. his latest edition is gold series 826 signed by Joe Ertel himself.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009