Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 10:50AM
Watching some yt vids and started thinking,what chassis has hooked in the most different classes ?..ex : an ag ss,that moved to pro then sf,then a lt or lim pro.that would be 4 different classes

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 12:28PM
The chassis in my tractor, Cottonmouth, started out as a 10 Pro, then was an early 4.1 when I bought it. I pulled 9500 Pro- Field for several years before jumping up to the 4.1 class again over a decade ago. I'm now pulling in the new 5.0 Pro class. The old girl has been around for a while.

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 12:31PM
The current Dixie Deere has to be in that conversation. I can't remember for sure if it hooked SS initially or the precursor to PS but PS - SF - 4.1 now, so potentially 4.

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 12:54PM
Bryan Lively
The current Dixie Deere has to be in that conversation. I can't remember for sure if it hooked SS initially or the precursor to PS but PS - SF - 4.1 now, so potentially 4.

SS in the beginning. Don Masterson bought it as a SS and pulled it as a ss a year or two then switched it to a ps!

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 01:39PM
Since you’re on a subject like this. What is the chassis that has been ran the most at Farm Show? Not vehicle with a new chassis several different years, say Silver Bullet. Same name but has had a chassis or two over the years. Buckeye Hauler has to be in the top. Ryan

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 03:10PM
LuckyStryke
Since you’re on a subject like this. What is the chassis that has been ran the most at Farm Show? Not vehicle with a new chassis several different years, say Silver Bullet. Same name but has had a chassis or two over the years. Buckeye Hauler has to be in the top. Ryan

Don elderts 4430 which won Louisville in the mid 70s then sold to Don Masterson which ran that chassis till 2011ish then went to couch's. Roughly 40 years that chassis has hooked at Louisville in some fashion!

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 27, 2022 12:43AM
GirbachA

Don elderts 4430 which won Louisville in the mid 70s then sold to Don Masterson which ran that chassis till 2011ish then went to couch's. Roughly 40 years that chassis has hooked at Louisville in some fashion!

To add to that, the tractor won at 15,000 lbs with a tricycle front end. Someone may have a photo of it from Louisville they could attach.

I'm not sure when Don first pulled the tractor, but I can confirm he ran it at least as early as 1975. He ran some national pulls that year and I remember seeing his name in results in Puller Magazine.

Re: Different class hooks ?? December 26, 2022 02:30PM
That 4555 of the Witherholds has been thru about every class

Has this ever happened? December 27, 2022 01:46AM
This would go back to the early days if it ever happened, almost certainly before the mid 1970s, but did a tractor ever run as a modified or SS for a while, and at some point got converted to the other?

Also, weren't some early twds basically repurposed single engine mod chassis?

Re: Has this ever happened? December 27, 2022 02:36AM
The Original Michael
This would go back to the early days if it ever happened, almost certainly before the mid 1970s, but did a tractor ever run as a modified or SS for a while, and at some point got converted to the other?

Also, weren't some early twds basically repurposed single engine mod chassis?

Not necessarily the early days but tedders 3 engine mod was chassis was turned into a SS of Barttels dirty Sally.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,763, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,939.

Our newest member JD_8520