T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 02, 2023 11:36AM
What brand of engine in the T-8 Tomcat of Greg Elsing.?

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 02, 2023 01:06PM
Small block John Deere built by Lemke

T-8 Tomcat engine January 02, 2023 04:03PM
Thamk you

Re: T-8 Tomcat engine January 06, 2023 08:02AM
Unless something changed it was built with an IH block by Lemkes they build red motors too.

Re: T-8 Tomcat engine January 07, 2023 05:10AM
They sure do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2023 05:15AM by FarmersFun.

Re: T-8 Tomcat engine January 06, 2023 09:57AM
Something definitely changed, along with few others in badger state.

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 06, 2023 10:11AM
Team one
Small block John Deere built by Lemke

Is a 9.0L platform aftermarket block really considered a small block?Confused

Beer

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 06, 2023 11:51AM
Well when you create an aftermarket block it has to be based off of something and since it’s not a 531/619 I guess in the pulling world yes I’d call it a small block because it not what is commonly referred to as a big block. Yes it’s aftermarket just like they all are anymore but they are all patterned off of something so what would you call it ?

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 07, 2023 04:53AM
Team one
Well when you create an aftermarket block it has to be based off of something and since it’s not a 531/619 I guess in the pulling world yes I’d call it a small block because it not what is commonly referred to as a big block. Yes it’s aftermarket just like they all are anymore but they are all patterned off of something so what would you call it ?

9.0L is just 3 cu. in. shy of a big block.....................

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 07, 2023 05:11AM
It's considered a small block.......it's about bore spacing.

531/619/10.1L are different bore spacing.

CI number does not dictate big or small block designation necessarily.

Do you call a 540 Navistar a "big block" because of its cubic inch? (Not that IH has this same phenomenon anyways....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2023 05:15AM by FarmersFun.

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 07, 2023 05:29AM
FarmersFun
It's considered a small block.......it's about bore spacing.

531/619/10.1L are different bore spacing.

CI number does not dictate big or small block designation necessarily.

Do you call a 540 Navistar a "big block" because of its cubic inch? (Not that IH has this same phenomenon anyways....)

You say potayto...I say patahto.............classing an OEM block that is factory 3 cu.in. short of what the nick name for a big block is ,....well is just funny........and potentially false advertising.

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 07, 2023 09:19AM
Chevy made a big block 409 and a small block 400.... very different beasts. Actually Chevy had a 348 big block (smaller than many of their small block designs). As FarmersFun stated it's based on bore spacing, not cubic inches. Deere motors are generally the same. You may say "patahto" that's not what is generally excepted by the vast majority.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 07, 2023 04:46PM
4020 bell housing bolts to 9.0 L with only metric bolt change. Not sure if it’s same bolt pattern for BB

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 08, 2023 01:16AM
The cu. in. of a typical keyboard pullers mouse is more than the difference between a big block and a small block apparently LOL.................Drinking

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 08, 2023 03:05AM
patahto fannatic
The cu. in. of a typical keyboard pullers mouse is more than the difference between a big block and a small block apparently LOL.................Drinking

Doesn't matter anyways -- nobody checks the cubes. LOL!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: T-8 TOMCAT ENGINE January 08, 2023 06:15AM
John Murray

Doesn't matter anyways -- nobody checks the cubes. LOL!

That's good because my mouse isn't legal....Grinning

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,680, Posts: 229,782, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason