Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Ridgeland September 07, 2009 03:01PM
Redline Fever beats some of the World's best LSS in Ridgeland.... I wish I could have seen it! I think it’s exactly what the LSS class needs is a top diesel to mix it up with the best 505 methanol tractors around. I’m really glad to see a grease burner come out on top. It really makes me wish Esdon would have jumped in with the GN boys in Bowling Green.

Anyone who’s ever read this page knows I’ve been a huge proponent of the LSS class for roughly a decade now, and while I love the class, I wish there were more top tier diesels in the class. There are some strong diesels, and some improving diesels, but the class needs a GN DSS caliber tractor to keep the alcohol boys honest. Diesel vs. Alcohol is one of the best things the class has going (but unfortunately diesel is getting more and more rare on the GN LSS scene), and it’s great to see a diesel come out on top against the GN's best.

Imagine motors like Siefert’s, Shramek’s, Gettinger’s mixing it up with Lynn, Phillips, Korth, and that guy that hauls with Lynn, that would truly be an amazing class to watch.

The more diesels in the LSS the better, and it proves that with the right setup they can definitely be competitive.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 05:29AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 05:26AM
Even more proof this past weekend, Redline Fever won again in Sandwich, IL, this time in a GN Event. The LSS needs more and more diesels winning, and Esdon is proving it can be done. For fans of the grease burners... Esdon is really giving us something to cheer about. A few more of those top DSS motors in a few more light chassis and that class is going to get even more exciting.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 05:57AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 07:42AM
yeah but how much weight do they give the diesels?

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 10:56AM
I don't think the extra couple hundred pounds (not sure on the exact figure) matters in this case. Esdon laid down an amazing pass Saturday night and I'm quite sure the extra weight didnt make a difference - he put 20 feet on most of the class. Only one other tractor (504 Rocket) was less than 20 feet behind him.

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 11:52PM
Diesels don't get weight in NTPA in the Lite Super. Diesel and Alky run heads up. Esdon beat the alkys on their own turf. Way to go King of Smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 11:55PM
forgot to mention... how cool would it be to have Redline Fever as the national Lite Super Champion next year!!!!!!!! That would really burn those spark plug boys!!!!!!

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Sandwich GN September 14, 2009 12:27PM
NTPA does not give any weight advantage in the 6200 LSS class. Everyone runs straight up.

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Ridgeland September 14, 2009 08:10AM
I know it was a great sight to see a diesel walk the alcohol boys in Ridgeland. I like alcohol, but they do seem to be getting more and more popular with fewer and fewer diesels.

are they going to expierment with common rail tech? September 15, 2009 12:07AM
Are they ever going to let these guys run common rail technology? Im pretty sure that would help narrow the horsepower gap that divides them. Just because Esdon takes one win in lite class (being a diesel) in how many years doesnt really prove anything to me that the diesels are still competitive.

Re: are they going to expierment with common rail tech? September 15, 2009 12:18AM
Actually it was 2 wins in the lite class in 2 weeks he won in Ridgeland Wisconsin and then Sandwich . There is another Diesel that is competitive in the light class and has taken a few wins in the short time it has been out is The Weapon of the Ulmer team see Outlaw results.

Re: are they going to expierment with common rail tech? September 15, 2009 12:45AM
yes but in outlaws the diesels get an extra 200 lbs. so lets see ulmer run straight up. not saying he couldnt cause it is one good running tractor, i just would like to see diesel and alchol head to head like NTPA.

Re: are they going to expierment with common rail tech? September 15, 2009 06:25AM
I think Ulmer would compete at a straight 6,000 lbs without a problem. Take a look at his tractor and it isn't near as chopped up in the transmission housing area as Frese or Atnip or other alcohol tractors and he would still have 600 lbs of moveable weight!

Re: Glad to see a Diesel win the LSS - Ridgeland September 15, 2009 02:35AM
Let's do this, so we don't get the RLF and E.L. haters all in a feeding frenzy, lets give credit where credit is due with the competitor and the tractor. But let's look at the whole at the scenario that it is a diesel vs. alky. To me, that is what is really cool. I know I have not been around "modern" pulling all that long but the LSS class seems to be where machines from both sides of the tracks get to compete against one another. I have never been able to get to Louisville and don't image I will ever get there. But, since the Henry GN show went to PPL, this class in particular has been the one that I have missed the most. I too would love to see more diesels get in there and be very competitive. With that being said, I do like both tractors and greatly appreciate the efforts of all mechanics and drivers to put on all the great shows. Thanks again for an awesome season once again!

Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 03:17AM
I completely agree about giving credit where credit is due… awesome year for the LSS, in only a few short years on the GN circuit it’s become one of the most exciting classes in the sport.

Esdon also picked up a 4th in Sandwich, IL in Session 2. So for the last 3 Light Super Stock hooks he’s had two wins and a 4th against the best Light Supers there are. Not a bad few events considering he’s one of the only Diesels in the events.

I think Esdon is proving that the HP gap is not quite what people think, if at all. I’d personally like to thank Esdon for helping me prove a point that I’ve written about on this page the past few years. Esdon, is proving that there is plenty of room for a top diesel to be competitive in the Light Super Stock. Esdon has proved that it can be done, and diesels can add a ton of show value to the class. Esdon has also proved that he can win heads up, even at the last event when everybody is set in kill.

The Light Super is currently one of the best classes in this motorsport, if the class picked up a few more top running diesels it would be an amazing class with an amazing fuel rivalry. Now if only copies of the Renegade Deere motor and the Youngblood motor could make their way into a Light chassis then the alcohol tractors would really have some serious competition. If you’re a fan of variety, the LSS is definitely getting more and more interesting when Esdon Lehn (or his caliber of diesel tractor) is in the class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 05:36AM
I think credit has to go to the driver too. No matter what your opinion of Esdon, he is one of the best at reading the track & getting the most from what he has.

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 06:10AM
Is Esdon running 505 Cid??????????

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 06:22AM
The hyper block comes with sleaves installed right from hyper for 504ci.

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 08:36AM
Just to make it fair and to show that there is no advantage of the new block Esdon is only running with 4 pistons hooked to the rods the other 2 pistons are in there for show so it is only 336 ciWinking

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 12:53PM
you always seem to amaze me bundy with your great coomon sense!! Bruce's tractor is also one tough diesel in the light class. Always fun to watch him. Anybody know if he or roger will make it to monroe?

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 02:40PM
Sorry, we will be in Ohio at the Enderle. Would be fun to be there, maybe next year.

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 03:18PM
last i heard, {to all you esdon haters that think he is running the latest hyper block} he's kicking ass with the old IH block.

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 01:24PM
Why don't any of the top diesels jump into the UL/SS, SSO class?

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 15, 2009 02:21PM
ernie connor made it so the diesel could not compete with the ulss/sso class

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 16, 2009 12:51AM
So you're saying that a diesel won't stand a chance against the big alkies?

Re: Diesel in the LSS September 16, 2009 12:55AM
If I pulled a Diesel Super Stock (almost all of the top running DSS on the GN circuit are between 436 and 540 cubic inches) I’d be much more inclined to pull against a similarly sized 505 cubic inch alcohol tractor rather than running against a 650 cubic inch ULSS alcohol tractor. One is a level playing field, the other is not.

In the last few years some of the top DSS have really stepped up their games. The 504 alcohol tractors and the top tier of DSS would probably put on a great show if they ran them together at a mid-weight.

As for the LSS, I really hope Esdon’s great showing the past few events encourages more diesel tractor to run in the class. I also hope it encourages Esdon to run the class a little more often… imaging that kind of power at 6200 lbs… that’s got to be an adrenaline rush for the drivers!

The LSS is going to continue to grow, and there’s good reason why: the fans, and the pullers love this class. It’s a great group of pullers, and I’m on the edge of my seat until the last tractor hooks, what more could anyone ask for.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Young Blood pulling in the LSS September 16, 2009 04:59AM
I herd that Brian S. Young Blood is going to hook in the Lite class for next year. I sure would love to see him in there,, does anyone know how much his tractors wieghs now.

Re: Young Blood pulling in the LSS September 16, 2009 12:28PM
With the exception of Mini’s, the LSS is by far the premier driver’s class & tractor setup class in all of truck and tractor pulling. I by no means want to discount the driving ability in the other classes, or the skills of the drivers in those classes, but LSS has the least margin of error. Ton’s of HP, big tires, high center of gravity, and limited movable weight... it’s a recipe to keep fans on the edge of their seats, and often a recipe that puts tractors up on one wheel when it’s done wrong.

With that in mind, I’d love to see Brian Shramek on a LSS. I’ve watched the Youngblood tractor hook at countless events, and I don’t think I’ve seen Brian miss his weight or tire pressure. Now, I know that nobody’s perfect, and Brian has probably missed his setup a few times, but when Youngblood backs to the sled you can bet that 99% of the time the setup is going to be right on. It would be awesome to watch Brian setup and run a diesel LSS against the alcohol tractors.

As for the current Youngblood tractor, I doubt it would be able to make the LSS. It’s an Engler chassis (not the lightest) and it wasn’t built to be specifically a LSS so. I’m guessing it weighs in the mid to high 6000 lb. range.

It would be awesome to see a carbon copy of that motor in a LSS chassis though!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

where is dave pfund September 16, 2009 10:41PM
when you need him? It would be awsome to see another young blood tractor in one of his chassies

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009