helment requirements January 25, 2023 03:16AM
What does the current rule book for helments say about snell rating? I see alot of SA2020 helments for sale, is this acceptable for ntpa/itpa etc??

Re: helment requirements January 25, 2023 03:57AM
SA2015 or newer.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: helment requirements January 25, 2023 03:57AM
SA2015 or newer.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: helment requirements January 25, 2023 06:12AM
Just an FYI:

Be sure the Official Snell Certification Sticker is inside the helmet under the padding. It is rectangular shaped and has a certification number (see website link below to see what they actually look like). Quite a few helmet shops are telling folks that the sticker located on the outside backside of the helmet saying "Snell Rated" or "Snell Rated DOT" is "gospel" to get you to buy just any helmet from them which may not be entirely true especially when there is not an Official Snell Certification Sticker inside the helmet. The official sticker inside is what "holds water on legality" of a Snell Rated (SA) Helmet. Yes, the true certified helmets are not cheap, but your Safety is priceless and worth more than a $50.00 non-legal helmet. Just trying to elevate issues causing your un-needed stress at your upcoming pulling this season at an event when it does not pass tech inspection which you are then forced to buy a different helmet at the local shop or borrow another fellow pullers helmet for your run down the track. Just trying to elevate issues causing your stress at your upcoming pulling season events you pull at when it does not pass tech inspection.
Snell Helmet Certification Website

Re: helment requirements January 28, 2023 03:43AM
As another FYI....the cert label inside is only an adhesive backed piece of sticker material, easily removed and done with whatever. the molded in "SNELL" certification on the back of the helmet is more permanent, however does not normally have the cert date. SNELL certifications are done every five years, hence the 2010, 2015, 2020, etc. The next date will be 2025. Anyone can make a helmet and say it is DOT or FMVSS218 approved just on their word and probably never get caught. Manufacturers have to physically send production helmets to the Foundation and the helmets must pass the 5 or six specific test to have certification and then the manufacturer is allowed to use the sticker in their helmets. Be aware there has been bootlegged stickers in the past, so buy your helmets from a reputable outlet. . F

Funny story January 25, 2023 07:27AM
Funny story…. First time we went to BG, we were ready to take the 4wd truck thru the tech barn. We was ready to pump the engine, measure everything & all about the only thing they really looked at was my helmet…… and it was out of date. Lol. Scrambling for an in date helmet was the last thing on our minds but that’s the direction we headed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2023 10:20AM by Cody.

Re: Funny story January 25, 2023 01:28PM
So to a BG tech thing,
I had the honor to pull there once. as a pore guy from South West Ohio it was a dream.
My fire extinguisher was not passed in tech it was solid. Uncle Larry told them that the rule book said a fire extinguisher needed to be on the pulling vehicle. Nothing about working. Thanks uncle Larry, I Lived the dream! So i made a rule. You are welcome.
He took a a soft faced hammer and smacked it a few times, and said try this one. Best time of my life.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520