Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 04:18AM
... in PPL (see rule change thread). Good call. It's time this logical rule was enacted.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 05:26AM
Agree - too many broken parts due ag chassis.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 10:26AM
Well congrats ppl just out priced the light pro class. Hope everyone is ready for more super farms and hot farms

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 03:26PM
Light pro puller
Well congrats ppl just out priced the light pro class. Hope everyone is ready for more super farms and hot farms

Some of you guys just don’t get it do you

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 30, 2023 02:30AM

Some of you guys just don’t get it do you

Ain't no need for components in light pros. They ain't breaking rear ends constantly, so what's the point? They have had ag since their origins, and they have worked just fine! When is the last time you seen somebody get hurt from a rear end breaking? I don't remember.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 05:53AM
dumb as f u x x

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 06:33AM
randy devaughn
dumb as f u x x

Why do you think this?

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 08:44AM
randy devaughn
dumb as f u x x

I’m not going the disagree. With the advancements in technology to make these ag rears hold together and reliable I’m not seeing the point in allowing components.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 11:45AM
just my opinion fellas. taking a good class that’s all about driving and making it about money. as it stands now there are let’s say guessing 26-2700 horsepower tractors out there that can eat a 3000 horsepower for lunch. getting a tractor to hook and hold together is a challenge and shows skill. that made the class intriguing to
me. i’m really hoping ntpa doesn’t follow suit. if it does it does. change is change. get use to it or get out i guess. i’m sure they will probably adopt components out here statewide to. the super pro class is dead, numbers are dropping, and i’m sure it would be easy for current component tractors to detune and have a more reliable engine. good luck everyone just my two cents.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 03:08PM
randy devaughn
just my opinion fellas. taking a good class that’s all about driving and making it about money. as it stands now there are let’s say guessing 26-2700 horsepower tractors out there that can eat a 3000 horsepower for lunch. getting a tractor to hook and hold together is a challenge and shows skill. that made the class intriguing to
me. i’m really hoping ntpa doesn’t follow suit. if it does it does. change is change. get use to it or get out i guess. i’m sure they will probably adopt components out here statewide to. the super pro class is dead, numbers are dropping, and i’m sure it would be easy for current component tractors to detune and have a more reliable engine. good luck everyone just my two cents.

Randy, though I have a component chassis I get what you are saying.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 09:00AM
Besides the horsepower/reliability discussion, just how long are we supposed to go on using factory ag rear ends when tractors built with suitable factory architecture haven't rolled off the assembly line in 30 years? In 2071 are the tractors with sheet metal from whatever the current product out of DeereCaseHolland is all supposed to have hundred year old 766 rear ends under them yet? Where will they come from? Will the remaining welded up shells of antique cast iron be worth a fortune in the pulling world because it is essentially the "franchise" you need to build a legal tractor for these classes? Will we go down the same road as blocks and have aftermarket recastings of antique rear ends that guys will pay thousands of dollars for just so they can hollow them out and put a component drive line inside?

Like it or not I just don't see a sustainable path forward for pulling tractors built on factory components. The things that make a good pulling tractor and the things that make a good modern farm tractor have been diverging for decades. Eventually we can't keep relying on stuff built before that divergence to keep every class except the top few afloat.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 09:35AM
A couple things I'm wondering. 1, will the NTPA follow suit. 2, will the class go with PS rules of any sheet metal, any engine, or will they keep the engine must match sheet metal rule?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 12:45PM
Do we know if this rule is trickling down to PPL member states (ie. OSTPA); or do those have to make that decision for themselves?

I think this could be an ok move; particularly if someone wants to get started at a Lt Pro level, and then eventually step up without having to start completely over. But I do think it’s wise to continue to handicap the component tractors in the class vs. the ag chassis…less weight/lower draw bar/etc. for the guys that go component; that way not everyone feels like they have to start over to be competitive, or drop back super farm (please no).

The interesting/frustrating part continues to be the 2 big orgs not getting on the same page. PPL is trying this on their 2nd tier level; we wait to see if NTPA follows suit… But at the same time, a lot of the same reasons for letting Lt Pro guys go component are why the NTPA is starting the 5.0 Pro class… So do they need 2 regional classes of component pros turning 5” turbos, just with different block size limits?

This over-saturation of classes…iffy game these orgs are playing.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 01:22PM
NTPA absolutely will not follow the PPL and their rule!!!

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 01:38PM
NTPA Lt pro puller
NTPA absolutely will not follow the PPL and their rule!!!

How come?

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 02:48PM
Because unlike the PPL they don’t realize the component class will cause everybody to spend a heck of a lot more money even though he’s promoting more power more speed if you want more power and speed send everybody to the 5.0 Pro stock class. The NT PA will consider putting a new turbo limit on and or other restrictions to keep the class original and as it was intended .

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 03:18PM
Like back to a 4.4?

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 03:22PM
Woulda been cool to see the new 5.0 PS class offer a second smaller cube spec so the Light Pro guys wanting to go component could pull in that class. Not sure how much bigger a charger a 540 set-up would need to compete with a 680 5.0 Pro, but that could be figured out. Then the Light Pro class could dial-back the HP to a certain sweet-spot (like 2300 - 2500 HP) to keep the class Ag-chassis only, as it was originally intended.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 27, 2023 10:24PM
Just my thoughts why keep adding classes just to make someone happy.
Why not make one true light pro class and not have 3 different ones.
Could make it 5” 640 cube weight around 8500 to 9000.
Call it light pro stock and not have 5.0 class and limited just one class that way
At 680 cube they want to use makes no sense.
.it still makes mostly bbjd the motor you have to run in that class so back to no other brands can run with them.
And compon chassis.

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 28, 2023 12:48AM
540 cuin would be perfect,then all brands have a block that can work

Re: Component Light Pros are now legal January 28, 2023 07:59AM
Ok... here is the problem with this that no pulling organization ever thinks about... and that's a future effect or ripple. So let's just say the limited pro 4.1 class says hey lets go component too which we all know is next on the list, ok so then a year or two down the road everyone says hey we need some more color in these light pro and limited pro tractor classes so lets adopt the rule of any sheet metal and any engine block under the hood ( which is dumb by the way ) so at the end of the day you have more cross dressed nothing factory or ag about it classes. Which I'm well aware nothing is left bone stock or factory o.e.m now but it at least appears that way instead of basically a modified tractor ( truck rear end and tube chassis with a tractor hood on it ). Then basically this will leave no classes left with an ag chassis except 466 pro farm/hot farm, 466 light limited pro, light limited super stock, and super farm and a ton of component classes that will all look the same with the exception of a paint job, maybe. I also feel that this decision forces the current light pro guys to start all over with a new chassis etc., basically everything except motor, tires, & hoods. I realize some of the guys in the class are all for it and kudos to them ( they may not feel that way when some long time heavy pro stock guys decide to step back detune a lil by throwing a 540 in and start whooping their butts, lol but not my problem ) I guess my point is think about the future or trickle down effect, and I hope NTPA does not follow suite. Also when major rule changes like this comes up ( like earlier this weeks cylinder head and block fiasco ) why doesn't like PPL, Outlaw, and NTPA have a conference call or meeting and talk about it so everyone is on the same page instead of dividing the associations pullers/drivers even more. I don't know but the 466 classes and super farm just got a whole lot more appealing to me. Just my 2 cents

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520