What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 05, 2023 09:26AM
Lots of groups having meetings and planning for 2023. Let’s throw out some ideas for improvement.

Regardless of level or size, what is one improvement your club or association could make for 2023?

Can be a rule, advertising, change in structure, add a class, anything. Let’s get some ideas going.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 05, 2023 11:20PM
Must attend the meetings and be a paid competitor/member to vote.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 05, 2023 11:39PM
Website ???????

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 08:23AM
If there is a website, it needs to be up to date and accurate, if it is not, then it is worse than not having a website.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 12:27AM
I'd say start on time.if pull starts at 7,first tractor is hooked to sled at 658 and ready to go.
All voting members must have a immediate family member that has made 3 hooks during the past season to be eligible to vote on club business.
Only 1 vote per vehicle.
These would solve a lot of brush pull clubs problems local to me.

Voting February 06, 2023 04:42AM
In our club, you can only vote on rules for a class if you are a member and have pulled in that class in the calendar year. We have not discussed what would happen if multiple drivers of the same tractor wanted to vote.

Re: Voting February 06, 2023 04:58AM
One vote per tractor no matter how many drivers it has. Must be a paid membership in previous year and attend a 1/4 of the available points hooks. Must be at the meeting to vote no call in, no one voting for you!! If you lock rules, they are LOCKED, no voting them back open, unlocking them every year and changing the rules makes it impossible for new people to build into these classes!! Not everyone can afford to build in under a year nor afford to keep up with constant rule changes. This pushes people into other class or other organizations.

OLY

Re: Voting February 06, 2023 08:09AM
I agree. The only exception should be safety rules which should be voted on by the board if an issue comes up during the season.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 07:30AM
I agree with starting pull on time. I have seen many pulls that start 1/2 hour or more late and the have it rain just before the premier classes start. Also mix fast or hot classes in with mph classes. This would help keep the fans excited. Just my opinion.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 10:39AM
Going by comments on here from NTPA level down to small local clubs, I'd say never pass a rule if you aren"t prepared to enforce it, and that means for everyone from your point champion down to the pay per hook guy that only runs with your group once a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2023 10:39AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 11:49AM
Selective or non-enforcement of the rules is responsible for most of the woes of our local org. In the past 5 years, they have managed to alienate most of the dedicated pullers they had. As the puller numbers have dropped, the number of events has followed suit. What was 28-30 events a year is now half that.

Hate to see it, but hard to keep showing up when you know you are bringing a knife to a gunfight. The board has no one but themselves to blame.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 06, 2023 02:12PM
That is a big problem on all levels.

Re: What is one thing your club or assoc could do better???? February 09, 2023 04:09AM
Actually have a stock truck and tractor classes. I think we need to try better to get more people invovled . Pure stock is a good place to start cause pure stock is the most affordable to get someone started in. But thats my opinion

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520