9500 turbo farmstock class February 11, 2023 01:14PM
Last year a new class came about. This is a 8mph 3,000rpm 9500lb turbo "farmstock" class. However it's for tractors with a production year 1972 and prior. This is a sanctioned points class with a cubic inch limit of 430ci unless that tractor was equipped with a block of greater ci from the factory. You must retain the factory part number block, trans, and rear end. You may add a turbo to a factory N/A tractor and may use any oem head of the same manufacturer as the tractor. Any tractor equipped with a rotary injection must stay a rotary pump tractor but you may do any modifications to that pump. No 3lm turbos. You must use a to4 or s200 series turbo. I was wondering if I was to use a 4320 or 4020 with a .450 pump what kind of horsepower potential is there? What are my options for adding power? What head would one use? Thanks in advance

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 03:11AM
Just a turbo clarification, it is a 2.30 inlet and 2.50 outlet max to allow other brands such as Garrett and Holset to be utilized as well. As long as the turbo meets those dimensions it is legal. Glad to see you considering joining us. With a .450 pump, I dont see why 350 wouldn’t be obtainable on the low end. The S257sxe is a really good turbo to match these smaller cube tractors. Best of luck and any questions feel free to shoot me a message or call me.

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 03:32AM
Make sure you're using a steel flywheel. Hopefully, the class rules require it. It's not pretty when the stock cast iron ones fly apart.

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 03:36AM
Steel flywheels not required. Its 3,000 rpm checked every hook as well as randomly if theres any question. Cast disintigrates at 3500rpm, while we are not opposed to people running them they are not required. Some of the tractors that run with us are still used on the farm and truly farm tractors. Its an 8mph entry level class, not requiring a steel flywheel for that with a 3,000 rpm limit

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 10:29AM
As has been explained NUMEROUS times, it isn't the ram's.
It is the heating cycles.
Steel flywheels or leave the stuff in the shed.

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 12:50PM
And like I said some of these tractors are still truly farm tractors and used as such. Mandating that would eliminate over half the class. And I understand the heating cycles as well…guys aint slipping the clutch to run road gear at 8mph

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 03:09PM
localpuller
And like I said some of these tractors are still truly farm tractors and used as such. Mandating that would eliminate over half the class. And I understand the heating cycles as well…guys aint slipping the clutch to run road gear at 8mph

They may not be slipping the clutch right now to run road gear at 8mph, but they will be in the future. What kind of insurance do you have?

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 13, 2023 02:44AM
The way the class is we fall under the insurance of whatever event we run at. We do not run our own class insurance. Most of the places we run, we are the only class with an enforced rpm limit. Furthermore, it will not get to the point of running road gear in an 8mph class that I can assure you. I will post a copy of all rules here

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 13, 2023 02:10PM
localpuller
The way the class is we fall under the insurance of whatever event we run at. We do not run our own class insurance. Most of the places we run, we are the only class with an enforced rpm limit. Furthermore, it will not get to the point of running road gear in an 8mph class that I can assure you. I will post a copy of all rules here

The little organization I pull with is the same except theres 5mph farm classes for the off the farm tractors. Problem is though, most try the open 8mph classes with their farm tractors and go back and forth, so the farms are getting hotter, the true opens for the most part has safety equipment but the safety equipment needs to be mandatory and enforced to keep farm tractors out because like you have said, its hard for farmer that actually use their tractors on the farm to pay $2k+ for a sfi clutch. Most likely 8mph is all the insurance will cover without mandatory safety equipment. What you need is a tach box on the sled and plug everyone to it going down the track.

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 12, 2023 01:07PM
The material is actually flowing under tension caused by centrifugal force and opening up voids that eventually lead to cracks. Failure is a factor of load (RPM) and cycles. There is no magic number because each foundry pour is different and each loading and cycle time is different. My Grandpa used to say, "Never turn you back on a Bull, a Handyman Jack, or a Cast Iron Flywheel". He lived till he was 102.

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 13, 2023 02:48AM
***RULES***

-ALL tractors must have a STARTING production date of 1972 or prior.
(I.E. if your tractor was produced from 1970-1980 you can run your 79’ and 80’ model)

-Contest is open to diesel, gas, and propane tractors. All non diesel fueled tractors must use a single barrel updraft carburetor. Strombergs ARE allowed. No alcohol fuels allowed.

-ALL tractors must retain the engine block, rear end, and transmission that it came with. (I.E. if it came with planetary rear end, it must retain it) You can run any head from
the same manufacturer of your tractor as long as it is of agricultural origin. No recast heads.
-Engines and manifolds must be of agricultural origin, no truck parts or headers

-ALL tractors must have PTO, hydraulics, and rock shaft, or be a factory bareback model with factory covers. No aluminum, fiberglass, wooden, or homemade steel parts or covers of any kind. This includes aluminum radiators and fuel tanks.
-This excludes M&W oil pans, as they are part of the M&W turbo kits
-You may remove the 3 point
-You may use pressed steel wheel in place of power adjust or cast centers

8mph speed limit. 1 horn warning, second horn DQ. If you get a second horn you may finish your pull at any speed desired, just know you are disqualified for the finishing order. When getting your first horn you must respond to the horn and slow down in a timely manner, riding “one horn” out to the end of the track will result in an automatic DQ. No overage allowance when running speedboard.
8.0 good, 8.1 DQ

-Hitches: 20” max height, 18” minimum back from real axle. Must be stationary in all directions. Custom adjustable hitches allowed. Hole for hitch must be at least 3” x 3.5” minimum for sled hook to fit thru. A clevis on the drawbar can also be used.
-Wheelie bars recommended, not required

-100lb allowance over on weight, weights and weight bracket may not exceed more than 24” max from the furthest point of tractor. Rear weight brackets, no weights past the rear tires.

-First tractor is the test hook, if driver is not happy with their pull they may come back and re-hook 3rd. The distance from the second pull is what will be counted, no exceptions. All pulls must be started with a tight chain, no jerking of sled.

-Pullers will have a 75ft restart zone marked with a cone. If you decide you want a second attempt let off the throttle by the 75ft mark. You do not have to jam the brakes in an attempt to stop by 75ft, let off the throttle and come to a safe stop. If the last puller of the class has a mechanical issue they will be given 8 minutes to fix it and attempt a pull. All other pullers have the option to drop to the rear of the class in the event of a mechanical issue.

-Field tires only, no cuts. 20.8 38, 18.4 42, or 24.5 32 max tire size. Rubber tires only. No FWA or 4x4 is permitted to be used during pull.

-3,000 RPM limit. WILL BE CHECKED

-426 Cubic inch engine limit unless it is a STOCK FACTORY engine (I.E. Case 451, Moline 451 and 504, Hercules 478, etc. No swapping of larger engines or engines with more cylinders. No 800HD jugs or blocks. Part numbers must be present and will be checked. You can run HD800 heads.

-Turbochargers must be factory T04 based, factory replacement, M&W kits marketed for the tractor, or a Borg Warner S200 series frame.
-No 3lm units, no intercoolers of any type unless factory
-Turbochargers must and will be checked
-2.30 Inlet and 2.50 outlet MAX

-No injectables of any type

-Injection pump must be of factory origin (I.E. no swapping a rotary for an inline)
-Auxiliary fuel supply pumps, Carter, Holley red, Facet/duralift, or Mr. Gaskets are allowed. No high psi fass, air dog, or walbro systems

-ALL auxiliary fuel supply pumps MUST be regulated with a gauge, 20psi is the limit. Gravity flow systems and factory cam driven transfer pumps are excluded from needing to run a gauge.
If you have an auxiliary pump, we will want to see a working gauge and check it

-$100 protest fee, protestors tractor will be teched first, if protesters tractor is found illegal money will be forfeited to the purse, protests must be made within 10 minutes of the class ending. If the original tractor in question is found to be illegal AND the protesters tractor is legal, the protest $ will be refunded
-Any tractor found to be illegal will be stripped of ALL points earned in that event

DISQUALIFICATIONS-
-Not complying with class rules and checks, interference from drivers, crew, or family at scales, tech, or on track
-Leaving starting line under red flag conditions
-Not stopping when red flagged
-Unsportsmanlike conduct
-Anything falling off tractor including weights, sheet metal, and mechanical parts.
-Going out of bounds of the chalked boundary lines or hitting guard rail
-Speeding
-All disqualifications will result in last place points. For example if last place pays 10 points and 3 drivers DQ, those 3 drivers receive 10 points.

LASTLY
-We reserve the right to double check any tractor at any time
Every tractor WILL have to pass thru tech before each pull.

Contact info- Call, text, or FB message

Mark Strock 717-360-9062
Jacob Moatz 484-824-0178

Re: 9500 turbo farmstock class February 13, 2023 12:58PM
It sounds like im going to be scared to pull a five bottom plow with a 1066 running 2600 rpms it may explode on me in the back 40

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520