Pulling safety history questions February 12, 2023 11:48PM
Were steel flywheels required when NTPA formed around 1970?
If later, when were they required?

Was there a specific accident that led to the rule in the same way Lester Henson's accident in '76 led to the fender rule or the Randy Rose/Walsh accidents in '97 and '98 led to the rollcage rule?

Bonus ? - was there a specific imcident that led NTPA to mandate wide front ends for the 1979 season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2023 11:49PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Pulling safety history questions February 13, 2023 01:38AM
Don't remember the year, but there was an incident in the early 70's in Pleasant Hill, Illinois, where the flywheel on a modified disintegrated and injured several people, IIRC, the guy had drilled an M flywheel to fit a BBC. I believe one lady lost her leg, friend had a piece of shrapnel go up his arm, had a scar from his forearm to his shoulder, until the time he died a couple of year ago anytime a mod went down the track he got a vehicle between him and the track. ITPA shut everything down for a period of time until everyone at least got a blanket, as I recall. Can't remember if they had to get steel flywheels as well or not,
Don't know if that is the incident that started NTPA down the steel flywheel track.

Re: Pulling safety history questions February 13, 2023 07:56AM
I know one of the main reason that the Mini's went years without running indoors. I believe in the early 90s thier was a mini running a cast one and it came apart and killed a little girl in the stands.

Doug Ham? February 13, 2023 10:37AM
Wasn't there a SS puller named Doug Ham that had an incident that helped lead to a rule change?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,749, Posts: 229,900, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 226,003.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM