Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 12:33AM
Is it just me or was that black lite pro completely out of bounds yesterday even had chalk on his tires….

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 12:54AM
From our angle, it appeared that there was white chalk on his left drive tire. Everyone around us had the same opinion! They tossed others during the week for going out of bounds but maybe he didn't go out of bounds enough? It definitely changed the placing of the class. Where we pull in Ohio, if you get white chalk on tire you are out. The evidence is clear to see.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:13AM
I noticed some tractors pulling onto the track to hook up to the sled with white chalk on their tires.
Looked like they had gone out of bounds, but just ran over the chalk on the way on the track.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:27AM
If you watch any replay down the side, he goes out when the rear tire hits the 245 foot mark. How the official missed it is beyond me. It was showed in slow motion on the big board, twice. I saw the chalk on the face too but when you watch the replay, there is chalk on the sidewall of the tire too.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:47AM
He ran over the last 5’ of chalk line clear as day on both views on replay. Could see the chalk come up on the tire in the camera view from the sled.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:59AM
At the end of the track they are a little more lenint , like out side past 320’ I’m not making excuses but that was one strong running tractor

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 20, 2023 09:39AM
Ha, don't come to an event that I am finish flag on. You hit chalk before end of track it is a DQ.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 21, 2023 07:58AM
bandit496
Ha, don't come to an event that I am finish flag on. You hit chalk before end of track it is a DQ.

Where would you say is the end of the track though? How can you justify the "end" of the track indoors and with a sandpile?

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:38AM
I don't know I wasn't there nor have I seen any video, you said at 245ft the tire hits the chalk, usually at the very end of a run ( and 245ft in Louisville would be ) they don't say anything if they hit the out of bounds chalk. Again I wasn't there and haven't seen a video, just going by what has been posted.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 10:24PM
Just one instance where betting is going to be very complicated.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 06:54AM
It’s a show

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 07:10AM
If you watch the replay the flagman pointed inbounds. Yes he did hit the line. Yes it a show. He needs to give a thank you and be gracious. I would bet he did that.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 08:30AM
For those who think black thunder ran out of bounds he did not. At the end of the track the chalk had been 2 feet wide from the grader tractor dragging the white line in more and more each time. Track officials determined this conclusion after the run.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 08:53AM
I agree that it's wider at the finish end of the track from the blades but if you watch the replay from the end camera, it is clear he got into the meat of the chalk line not just the dust of the smeared line. It's normal Louisville, the rules are made as they go.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 09:09AM
Most if not all big sanctioned pulls allow white line hits after a certain point

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 10:59AM
As a puller, I'm not aware of any organization that allows the pulling vehicle to cross the actual chalk line and not be DQ'd. I do know that if the track is chalked to 330 and you go out at 331 it's legal. In this case the track was chalked to 250. The rear tire hit the chalk between 240 and 245. All I'm going to say on the subject is there is 1 guy in the class that doesn't have to question the call on the track.

Re: Light pro out of bounds February 19, 2023 11:29PM
Replays clearly show the edge of the tire on the chalk and chalk was visible on the tire after the run. Now if he had holeshots on instead of the extra wide parks tires he would have been good.

Congrats February 20, 2023 02:47AM
I would like to say Congratulations to Weekend Mistress - Kurt Afdahl and Black Thunder - Alan Cook for getting 1st and 2nd at the Farm Show in the Light Pro Class. Congrats to Detonater Black - Adam Spiegelberg for placing 3rd in the Light Super class as well. As a promoter for NTPA Region 3 along with the WTPA I personally think it's a great achievement for all three teams to place at this year's farm show. I would like to say congrats the Hot Wire team of Kyle Larson for making the finals in Super Farm! All these teams put in a lot of hard work and time to get their tractors down the track! I look forward to watching them pull this upcoming summer! Congrats to them all!

Frogman

Re: Congrats February 21, 2023 08:00AM
Let's all take a breath and remember that the scrapers who prep the track sometimes put their hitches down a little early, and when they start dragging dirt, they bring out a little of the chalk line with them. So viewers might have seen white fly, and seen white get on his tires, but it may not have been the line itself. Yes, he was very close to the line, but I think he ran over the excess.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520