NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 12:16PM
I am just wondering why the officiating crew will allow, 1 or 2 tractors to plow the sand all while the first 2 back out of their throttles to prevent damage to their equipment, then another guy comes along and Plows nearly through the sand pile and causes great damage to his tractor and then the officiating crew makes a decision to call a full pull distance just below the mark that the guy who plowed through the sand just set. Now if anyone else in the class wants a chance to win the event they MUST PLOW THROUGH THE PILE OF SAND, and risk severe and possibly unrepairable damage to be able to come back for the "Pulloff".
I cannot understand how this is fair for the 1st two tractor operators who lifted to prevent damage to their tractors and easily could have plowed through the pile as well! It appears to me that the NFMS committee and crew don't seem to care about the owners expensive equipment at all. If they want to call a full pull, then I believe that they should set that mark prior to the first tractor leaving the starting line.
Then each competitor will know where that mark is. The sand pile should be there for a safety barrier and not be a "part of the show" which many times inflicts severe damage to these very nice pulling machines. I believe that with this sand pile plowing show, that the best tractors may not necessarily be the ones crowned "Champion". Should be called sand plowing Champion not pulling Champion. Pulling Champion should be determined by un-interferred pull and on an open unobstructed track. Just my thoughts and opinions.
Best to all and hope the committee will receive this as constructive feedback and not an attack. We enjoyed our visit to the farm show this year and plan to return.
rw

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 02:22PM
Oh my Gosh for Golly sake, - that would make sense, - but not much is around anymore.

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 02:41PM
So I have read all the posts. We pulled there in 2000 and 2001. I am not watching but I have to ask what you think the purpose of the sand pile is?

I posted this in the Farm show full absolutely a joke thread.

The purpose of the sand pile is for SAFETY.

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 03:25PM
Supertiquer
So I have read all the posts. We pulled there in 2000 and 2001. I am not watching but I have to ask what you think the purpose of the sand pile is?

Super, I believe that is what I stated in my post.???
rw

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 04:09PM
RW IH 1568

rw

Robert, yes it is and that was my point also in the other thread.

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 04:16PM
Supertiquer

rw

I guess I missed the other thread. Thumbs Up

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 19, 2023 04:33PM
RW IH 1568

rw

I guess I missed the other thread. Thumbs Up

Robert, n/p.

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 20, 2023 12:48AM
Sled settings and lack of a pull off screwed up the modified class Saturday night.

Brandon Simon was red flagged before stopping, as was Steve Bollinger. Doug Theobald should be incredibly angry as he burned up one motor on his first pass and then the sled was reset. Which was incredibly stupid as the sled should have been reset after Simon's pass.

This class was handled incredibly wrong.

Thankfully the rest of the Saturday night finals were good. Other than it appeared the track went away during the pro stock class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2023 01:51AM by BrandonA.

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 20, 2023 01:49AM
RW IH 1568
If they want to call a full pull, then I believe that they should set that mark prior to the first tractor leaving the starting line.
Then each competitor will know where that mark is.

Best to all and hope the committee will receive this as constructive feedback and not an attack. We enjoyed our visit to the farm show this year and plan to return.
rw

I agree with these two points 100%

Re: NFMS Pull-Off's February 20, 2023 02:32AM
I think you need to have tractors hitting the sand pile because the paying spectator wants to see it. You’ll never hear the crowd louder than when someone hits the sand. However, in order to be fair to the pullers, I believe that if you touch the sand that should be a full pull and pull offs should follow.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro