PPL Ownership February 21, 2023 02:35AM
Just wondering if there has ever been an announcement of ownership.

Re: PPL Ownership February 21, 2023 07:20AM
Elon Musk

Re: PPL Ownership February 21, 2023 07:24AM
I'm not sure we will ever receive an answer to this question

Re: PPL Ownership February 21, 2023 09:05AM
I didn't get a chance to talk with John or Kristi in Louisville (I barely saw either of them) and I don't have any inside info but I'd guess that the ownership transaction is still in process. I'd expect at some point we'll get word that John and Kristi are the official owners. How it's structured will be interesting, being majority woman owned might open doors so it might be beneficial to have Kristi own 51%... but maybe John's wife Leslie will own some percentage to keep it a 50/50 split. I don't know if there will be other investors or if people will be able to buy shares (or percentages) but I'm guessing those people would be hand picked.

For me personally, I don't think the ownership really matters. I don't know who has share in WPI and it probably doesn't change the product on the track any. I'd say the same for PPL, the ownership and product on the track won't be impacted either way.

Sponsorship... now that's pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how that shakes out.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: PPL Ownership February 21, 2023 10:46AM
Found this... edited it down to the relevant info to respect their privacy:

This should end any speculation. Looking forward to the 2023 PPL season and I wish them success. PPL has been a huge asset to the sport and I hope that trend continues for a long time. I don't know if this move gives John and Kristi anymore freedom, but they have the added responsibility of ownership now and they are great people so I really encourage anyone who was on the fence about PPL to run the circuit and help the new owners in anyway possible. They've made the motorsport better so I'd encourage everyone to help them make PPL better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2023 11:02AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: PPL Ownership February 24, 2023 03:29AM
Jake Morgan

[www.pulloff.com] This should end any speculation. Looking forward to the 2023 PPL season and I wish them success. PPL has been a huge asset to the sport and I hope that trend continues for a long time. I don't know if this move gives John and Kristi anymore freedom, but they have the added responsibility of ownership now and they are great people so I really encourage anyone who was on the fence about PPL to run the circuit and help the new owners in anyway possible. They've made the motorsport better so I'd encourage everyone to help them make PPL better.

Jake, maybe I am mis-reading this but they are officers/directors of the company but that doesn't mean they are owners? I am an officer/director of company but I don't own it. It just means I'm allowed to make decisions on behalf of the company.

Re: PPL Ownership February 24, 2023 03:45AM
TripleAlphaProcess

[www.pulloff.com] This should end any speculation. Looking forward to the 2023 PPL season and I wish them success. PPL has been a huge asset to the sport and I hope that trend continues for a long time. I don't know if this move gives John and Kristi anymore freedom, but they have the added responsibility of ownership now and they are great people so I really encourage anyone who was on the fence about PPL to run the circuit and help the new owners in anyway possible. They've made the motorsport better so I'd encourage everyone to help them make PPL better.

Jake, maybe I am mis-reading this but they are officers/directors of the company but that doesn't mean they are owners? I am an officer/director of company but I don't own it. It just means I'm allowed to make decisions on behalf of the company.

It's an LLC, which typically means if they are listed as "member" they are an owner.

[www.irs.gov].

Re: PPL Ownership February 25, 2023 08:50AM
LLC

It's an LLC, which typically means if they are listed as "member" they are an owner.

[www.irs.gov].

ahh good point. Thanks

Re: PPL Ownership February 22, 2023 06:25AM
I've had the pleasure of working with PPL, NTPA , USA EAST, and many many others and they all run a good event. I am just glad we are blessed to have so many pullers and fans to support this great sport. Will there be differences of opinion? sure! we're all human and that my friends fuels competition. My advice....attend as many events as you can , buy your favorite merchandise, Thank the sponsors , Thank the drivers ,take your family , your Grandkids, or whomever you may.... but go and support. If we don't , its gone.....

Re: PPL Ownership February 22, 2023 01:51PM
Yes yes and yes! All i see is negative negative negative on here! This comment made me happy finally! Go out and support pulling all the way 12 hp garden tractors to NTPA unlimited mods! I love pulling i love it all no matter where its at! There’s so much effort in putting these things together if everyone just said a simple thank you every now and then wed be in a lot better position!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason