What’s the best farm stock tire? February 22, 2023 01:59PM
Trying to start a new topic thats not PPL, recast block, or farm show related. What do you feel the best uncut pulling tire is for farm stock tractors, say 9500-13500 weight range? I like my firestone radials but would love a set of deep tread radials to try. BFG’s just don’t seem as consistant in my area. Lets hear your thoughts!

Re: What’s the best farm stock tire? February 23, 2023 12:13AM
I can't remember what brand was on the 4320 when I started pulling but they were bias. It needed new tires, so I bought Goodyear short bars which were popular then. On a dry power track, they were the best ever. I pulled at a local pull and the next day dealer got request for those tires. Farming with them wasn't good on wet ground so I switched to the radial 23 Firestones and they seem to work ok in all conditions. I ran from 9000 to 11000 class non pace. In a pace class like you run would width be your friend with proper tire pressure ? Another advantage with the Goodyears was they flattened out and sat on the ground with more surface area for traction. I had Mitas on a new tractor and wondered how they would work pulling.

Re: What’s the best farm stock tire? February 23, 2023 01:03AM
From my observations over 40 plus yrs, Power makes a tire,air pressure makes some tires work for slower speeds, but speed makes most tires work, BFGs work atmost tracks, have seen 3/16 inch tread win over other tires with just Power and speed, Less tread depth is usually better. I have watched twenty plus tractor classes,Hot farm type with half the class on BGFs, most others on 23 degree Firestone All Traction, were mostly even, several with Goodyrs, were close also. Depends on speed, power, track type and air pressure compared to all other factors. I have sold hundreds of tires, used many that were thrown away, - have won and lost with all, as do others.More power and speed, more shorter bars, slower classes are a draw between more bars and less, I have some that are almost bald, did not work at all until I found the air pressure they Liked, - then awesome for how they looked, surprised many. Many reports on the New style Deep treads is - very good, but pricey.

Re: What’s the best farm stock tire? February 23, 2023 12:52AM
There are a lot of variables here I was told by an old puller BFGS are the best until you start running over road gear then switch to firestones 23 degrees not sure if this helps.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,811, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro