Double Standard Prostock Protest February 28, 2023 02:38PM
can I just bring up something that has been on my mind since the farm show. A few weeks ago a team put on Facebook and wrote letters to the NT PA about a big problem they had with the location of head studs or head bolts in a recasted IH block. Keep in mind this is not a billet block as far as I know it is a re-casted block where the diameter of the head bolts and the location seems to be the issue. However at the national farm machinery show about a half a dozen prostocks came ran a billet small block John Deere produced by the Lempke motor sports. Nobody is saying a word about this and nobody is protesting nobody is having a problem with it it just got approved and everybody’s fine with it. To me it seems like a double standard . Am I wrong or am I missing something why is there such an issue with the chaos recasted block and there is absolutely no issues with the Lempke billet block. Is it just a case where they’re a lot more John Deere so it’s just going to be approved because let’s face it there’s only a handful of red ones that are still running red blocks in this class and it would seem to keep another brand alive in the class this is not that big of a deal. But if the chaos block gets outlawed I guess that would pave the way to an all green class. just curious what most people think or am I in the minority but it sure seems awful fishy

Re: Double Standard Prostock Protest February 28, 2023 04:50PM
I think the rules have location specifics on head bolts, Lemke's must be stock, heard new block was different. Don't know for sure,anybody.

Re: Double Standard Prostock Protest February 28, 2023 11:24PM
I think it was more in the way it was handled -- how NTPA approved it and bypassed the voting process but I may be wrong.

Re: Double Standard Prostock Protest March 01, 2023 01:26PM
I wonder if his question was about the billet aspect. At one point I don’t think they were allowed, which for the record made no sense to me. Has NTPA officially changed that part of the rule?

Re: Double Standard Prostock Protest March 01, 2023 12:11AM
I doubt any recasted or billet block has ever been visually approved..submitting drawings are not the same as visually inspected. Now with the advancement of the billet blocks, changes can be made everytime one is produced. Casted blocks can be changed too, just not as easily and economically. At the end of the day, it comes down to ethical conduct. Either you have it or you don't...

Re: Double Standard Prostock Protest March 01, 2023 12:55PM
Are the bolt locations different on a Lemke block or is the block built longer like others mentioned? Just curious what your question really is if the block is no longer and the bolt locations are in the OEM spots. I do believe the bolt hole size or stud size is bigger but has not been moved.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009