Smoker series March 05, 2023 10:30AM
Whatever happened to smoker series with full pull. I believe they use to be within 150 miles of Akron for all the hooks. Why did everyone quite running it? There was and still is a ton of tractors in area that fit the rules and they use to announce the purse was very comparative to the other organizations that had further drive… some of the promotes seamed to eliminate it for big rigs cause they were only getting 4-5 tractors but the rigs were bringing in less hooks. Is there any chance fairs or full pull will bring it back hell, they could do smoker series and let the 540 p pumps run with them giving them like a 21 inch drawbar or something to equal the compition,,,, if they did it on off nites of grand national you would think some of the locals would go, or with the 5.0 pro stock class starting out and there was a grand national hook that nite that you know the big guys were goin be at, you could pull some of them in…there has to be close to 20 tractors in the area that fit the rules, plus how many sitting in barns cause the pullers don’t want to update every six months and run all across the country. What would it take to get this class. Going again or is it dead? Now with new owners getting a few years in to work the bugs out , this seams like the time to reach out to the ss/ps competitors to see what it would take to get it going again?

Re: Smoker series March 05, 2023 02:18PM
I'd say it's over with

Re: Smoker series March 05, 2023 11:27PM
When I purchased Full Pull in the Fall of 2020 I wanted to bring the Smoker Series back. I actually booked the class for about 6 events in 2021. After the first two events we had little to no participation/interest in the class. We decided to replace the class the rest of the year with other tractor classes. I wish that i could get a commitment of 8 tractors so that i could bring it back but it just doesn't look like there is enough interest at this time.

Re: Smoker series March 05, 2023 11:36PM
Do Hildebrand and Auen still have their JD supers? I cannot remember why they weren't/aren't legal for NTPA DSS. Those two always ran tough in the Smoker Series classes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2023 11:37PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Smoker series March 05, 2023 11:55PM
I believe they do, but I know Hildenbrands was outlawed due to overhead cam

Re: Smoker series March 06, 2023 01:51AM
They both have their tractors still. Stanley has been battling health issues the last few years and hasn't run the tractor in that time period. Fred has run it a few times in the same time period. Fred's tractor is torn apart and was to get a new power plant. I am not sure if it will be out this year or not. Both of the tractors were outlawed from the circuits because they were over head cam engines.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,776, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member Jason