College Pulling Team March 14, 2023 03:14PM
Tonight I got to interview the Cal Poly Pulling Team. They have an event coming up Sunday, April 16th. Great young kids with bright futures. Video Link

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: College Pulling Team March 14, 2023 06:46PM
Iowa State University in Ames has a team as well.
Cool program!

Purdue March 14, 2023 10:40PM
Purdue used to have a group as well. They organized pulls at the campus for many years.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: College Pulling Team March 14, 2023 11:26PM
ASABE 1/4 Scale Design Competition
Many Land Grant Schools heavily involved with this program.

Re: College Pulling Team March 15, 2023 01:57AM
My son was on the ASABE team at Illinois. The last tractor he helped with had 5-16hp Vangard engines, a custom transmission that I think Tim Engler was involved in building and a Winters quick change rear axle. Used belts similar to blower belts to attach engines to a common shaft drive. The team won the pulling portion of the competition easily and the overall competition. One of the team members was pulling a stock ITPA garden tractor at the time, and another is Jacob Kessler who just pulled in Louisville. Really a neat competition, and the kids learned a bunch. They had T shirts made with a picture of their tractor and the logo "Fueled by gasoline, designed by alcohol."
My son sent me the rules every year to try and find the "gray" areas they could exploit. The kids had a true tractor puller mentality.

Re: College Pulling Team March 15, 2023 01:54AM
Hawkeye Community College has/had/were building a John Deere Hot Farm. Not sure what's become of it lately

---

Re: College Pulling Team March 15, 2023 03:38AM
Parkland in Champaign IL has two N/As that they pull with IPA and ISTPA I believe. 6030 Deere and a 966 International

Appalling incident at Stanford tractor pull meeting March 15, 2023 05:09AM
The Stanford tractor pulling club had an incident last week that embarrassed the university.

A national tech official was invited by the John Deere Society campus chapter to give a lecture about turbos and the new Nichols twd tires. A bunch of mask-wearing students interrupted him and wouldn't shut up so he could speak. Then the DEI official sided with the students.

It seems the tech official has voiced opinions that a tractor's engine should match the sheet metal. The students and DEI official feel this is discriminatory against tractors assigned Deere at birth, but who identify as Case-IH, Moline, Claas, or Fendt. The tech official was called tractorist and accused of Deeresplaining.

More to come.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2023 05:10AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Appalling incident at Stanford tractor pull meeting March 15, 2023 05:36AM
I have a hard time believing John Deere has a club at Stanford or any University.

Re: Appalling incident at Stanford tractor pull meeting March 15, 2023 06:05AM
Pretty sure that was the point of the post. A little comedic relief.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: College Pulling Team March 15, 2023 03:47AM
What was the team from down south years ago (back in the 70s) that had an Allis Chalmers, a 190 I think called Cracker Jack?

Re: College Pulling Team March 15, 2023 06:23AM
ABAC and I believe they're still active

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520