NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 18, 2023 12:12AM
Some observations from the first night:
1. The front end loader taking the pullers off the track was doing a really good job of fogging for moisquito's. The first half of the night was pretty bad...... that being said, as soon as they replaced it, the smoke/haze went away.
2. Sled settings. I know its incredibly tough to get it set on a closed distance track that an indoor pull dictates, and the settings weren't horrible. The Hot farm class got to run a little close to the sand pile, and the Pro stock class was set a little tight.
3 Smoke Tube, it held up really well until the last class with 4 or 5 to go and it split, we all know this is a one of the challenges of an indoor pull. We left while they were fixing it the second time, not sure how long the delay was or if they finished the class.
4. The MEC arena in general: having a seperate area to park the haulers outside was a great idea, it eliminated so many issues with cars and trucks blocking in the haulers
It was very comfortable in side the arena and even in the pits were decent. The facility as usual was very clean, well lit, and well staffed, the food and drinks were good and redily available and quick to get through the lines.

All said, a very enjoyable evening evening.

Re: NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 18, 2023 09:00AM
The smoke tube fix took 45-60 minutes to repair. Broke with 5 Pros to go. We stayed until the last hook ending at 11:50 PM. This is such a nice facility to watch a pull. Agree on the loader. It cleared up nicely after someone identified the problem. I was disappointed with every class requiring a sled reset but I was comparing to the two sessions I went to in January where there were no sled resets for 6 classes and two sessions. January pull gets my nod for the better run event while NTPA March pull watching pros indoor up close is hard to beat. NTPA pull is still very good with the January pull being a bit better run.

Re: NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 18, 2023 10:33AM
Klint Tucker, his crew and Bungart sleds had 45 classes in 6 sessions of pulling at the January event. They had 1 sled reset in those 6 sessions and 45 classes at that event.

Re: NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 19, 2023 12:46PM
GirbachA
Klint Tucker, his crew and Bungart sleds had 45 classes in 6 sessions of pulling at the January event. They had 1 sled reset in those 6 sessions and 45 classes at that event.

Maybe the big sled had one reset, but the mini sled had to be reset, (qualifing and finals) both times for the blown SB minis.

Re: NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 19, 2023 11:31AM
Ohio Case
Some observations from the first night:
1. The front end loader taking the pullers off the track was doing a really good job of fogging for moisquito's. The first half of the night was pretty bad...... that being said, as soon as they replaced it, the smoke/haze went away.
2. Sled settings. I know its incredibly tough to get it set on a closed distance track that an indoor pull dictates, and the settings weren't horrible. The Hot farm class got to run a little close to the sand pile, and the Pro stock class was set a little tight.
3 Smoke Tube, it held up really well until the last class with 4 or 5 to go and it split, we all know this is a one of the challenges of an indoor pull. We left while they were fixing it the second time, not sure how long the delay was or if they finished the class.
4. The MEC arena in general: having a seperate area to park the haulers outside was a great idea, it eliminated so many issues with cars and trucks blocking in the haulers
It was very comfortable in side the arena and even in the pits were decent. The facility as usual was very clean, well lit, and well staffed, the food and drinks were good and redily available and quick to get through the lines.

All said, a very enjoyable evening evening.

Just a few things First not sure what class of pros u was watching the first night but Revaluation Pro was in the Sand to win the class the first night. And Secondly you must not have been there Saturday Night when the cars BLOCKED the Haulers out front so we couldn't Load up till after the Show was over. Even after the announcement that the vehicles needed to move they still didn't. Other than that I think the whole event went great would have like to have seen a sled reset Friday night on the Hot Farms the one hot farm put it the farthest up the sand pile and still didn't get into the pulloff bc the sled wasn't backed up far enough. Would love to See NTPA use a 8x8 to back the sled up against at ALL events.

Re: NTPA -Shipshewana 1st night March 20, 2023 01:01PM
The comment about the 8x8 as a backup stop brings up a thought I had. And I know this will ruffle some feathers.... but,....... I didn't actually measure the distance from the back of the sled to the building wall but it seemed that there was 10 feet or more there. I understand that the area is used as a walk way, but we have all been to tracks where there is only one place to cross the track. My thought is that if the sled could back all the way up to the wall, there would be more room to shut down at the big end.

Just my thoughts

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,768, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,943.

Our newest member Jason