PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 19, 2023 08:21AM
Talking to different pullers at Keystone this weekend, I wonder if a State organization could become a thing again in PA like back in the 90’s. Biggest problem I see is no organizations seem to want to work together. ITTPA, FPP/USA East, Snyder County, and East Coast all have pullers, but would they work together to make their classes alike? I feel like it would help numbers for everyone if people could come together and compromise on class rules. For example, take mod turbo, and Snyder county hot stock, to the spectator they look alike to the spectator, and anymore, there are a lot of shared similarities. Would a turbo limit for mod turbo help to even the two out? And perhaps add reliability while still putting on a good show? Everybody is hurting for numbers and maybe by doing a state organization, could compromise be made that more tractors could run more places? Just my Sunday thoughts

Re: PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 19, 2023 12:56PM
Pennsylvania is divided into two geographic areas - East of the mountains and West of the mountains. To get pullers from one side or the other to make the trek over the mountains on the PA Turnpike (really expensive with a hauler) or on I-80 (too far north) is like pulling teeth.

Re: PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 20, 2023 02:54AM
You East Coast pullers crack me up with your "Mod turbo" term. I visualize a Mod(ified) pulling tractor with a V-8 powered engine with a turbo.
But apparently, that is not how East Coasters think. Must have somethin' to do with your heat & humidity - LOL!
So please explain what a "Mod turbo" is.

rickFPP has valid points. Last time I was on PA turnpike, a big rock came cruising off one of those numerous rock ledges that line the highway and plucked immediately right in front of me doing damage to the right front of the rental car and completely ruining the right front tire and aluminum wheel. That sure was an expensive bill. And, oh yes, I still had to pay the toll road toll. Even the PA state police were not helpful. Never been on that highway since and do not plan to. It's a terrible state to travel in!!!!!!!!

Re: PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 20, 2023 05:30AM
Mod Turbo (Interstate Rules - East of the mountains) and Limited Pro Stock (USA-EAST rules - West of the mountains) are the SAME. 540 cubes with an A pump for both groups. Interstate does not allow the Super Farms into their class but USA-EAST welcomes Super Farm Tractors in theirs with an 8500 vs 9300 pound advantage to SF. There has been much discussion about 'after market heads' but recently these have been allowed (overlooked??). Neither of these classes have been able compete with a true Light Pro Stock tractor with a P pump. However it appears that triple combination will be tried in 2023 by the new kid on the block CS Promotions. Following with great interest.

Re: PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 20, 2023 03:22AM
never understood mod turbo, just spend the money that you spend on a overbuilt apump and run limited pro, that being said i think there making more power than the limited pros, its just another inbetween class, which is annoying but, in their defense, if you run limited pro and want to make more power you have to jump to what, Prostock??? that's a big spending jump, so its not all a bad thing.

Re: PTPA: Could a state organization make a comeback? March 20, 2023 03:36AM
just remembered that there only 540 so yea im not sure what the deal is with that class. step between super farm and limited pro?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009