Where have they all gone? April 02, 2023 11:31PM
Just wondering where have all the pulling semi’s gone? Bonner and Lindsey come to mind - and I think they had 2 trucks each.

Re: Where have they all gone? April 03, 2023 01:28AM
Bonner's trucks have been out a few times the last couple years.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Where have they all gone? April 03, 2023 03:37AM
Just Sayin’
Just wondering where have all the pulling semi’s gone? Bonner and Lindsey come to mind - and I think they had 2 trucks each.

There are at least 6-7 in MN alone but this was an invitational in April. I don't think it's indicative of the class numbers.

Re: Where have they all gone? April 03, 2023 06:10AM
I know MN has good numbers and I think Gene Dunn has half of OH, lol. Just thought with it being a “truck show”, there would have been better numbers or invites. Semi numbers just appear down across the board and maybe this is just where the class is these days.

Re: Where have they all gone? April 04, 2023 08:36AM
The Issues regarding the semi class in the gopher state revolve around the need to win. Many quit showing up to pulls on the national stage because they simply couldn't handle losing. Jack progressed the sport leaps and bounds with the true pulling semi and others were caught in the past. Dean and Jack are gone along with many others and the new generation of Semi pullers are coming around. Semi pullers are there own worst ememies and the lack of dedication to supporting events will soon bring the demise of the class altogether.

Re: Where have they all gone? April 05, 2023 08:47AM
You missed a couple

Red Hot & Rollin- Dana Lindsey
Built for Business- Tom Lindsey
Greg Hibbits- Prohibbited
Gary Rareigh- Prohibbited II
Al Hopkins- Prohibbited Blue Ox
Ruhl’s Royce- Kenny Wuertz
Deviant Dogg- ???
Plum Crazy Binder- W.T. Miller
Lee Edington- American Xpress

Re: Super Semi Full Class Video MAC Trailer Winter Nationals 2023 April 03, 2023 07:13AM
To me it seems like the semi class has just never been able to find itself. There hasnt been that critical mass of competitors who really got a combination figured out and were out there pull after pull, year after year putting down consistent passes and building up a real following for the class. It seemed like we were about there in the later 90s, but then a lot of guys disappeared from the national circuit. There also seemed to be some uncertainty in the early 00s about exactly where the class was headed. Most trucks in the class hadn't been all that far removed from street trucks with major engine and drivetrain modifications. But then some started to get built that were more in the vein of true competition vehicles as seen in other pulling classes like Greg Hibbitts flip top body truck. Hibbitts was a younger guy who seemed pretty dedicated to the sport and would help move the class forward, but he might have been a little too dedicated as I think he got into some financial trouble.

For the most part trucking guys who get into pulling just seem to gravitate towards better established classes. Roberts, Petro, Simons, Chizek, etc.

Re: List of Super Semi April 03, 2023 09:47AM
I compiled a list for TPC last year and tried to keep it updated throughout the year. I may have missed some and others may be parked or changed hands that I am unaware of, but it's to the best of my knowledge of what I could find.

85 Kenworth - Dale Francis
87 Mack Superliner - Chet Schug
Armbender - Gen Dunn
Armbender II - Gene Dunn
Bad Addiction - W.T. Miller
Bad Attitude - William Miller
Bad Dog - Chris Jeffres
Bessie - Antrim Pulling Team
Big Mack Attack - Shane Canterbury
Black Sheep - Lee Phillips
Cat Scratch Fever - Justin Fredo
Class Act - Chris Wood
Clessie - Scott Cornelius
Deviant Dog - Jason Leach
Diamond in the Rough - Jon Reese
Dodge Fever - Brian Carey
Double Down (Former) - Brian Smith
Down-n-Out - Dale Mitchell
Freight Shaker - Colton Sailor
Full Spool - Vinnie Giulitto
Full Tilt - Dan Prahl
General Stupidity - Chris Jeffres
Goin' Big Time - Levi Friedline
Grape Ape - Bob Lautenan
Hillbilly Deluxe - Spencer Rook
Holy Smokes - Lonny Sailor
II Timin' - John Knee
Jerry Attrics - Gerald Hairhoger
Just Passin' Thru in Class - Tom Eilen
Keep on Truckin' - Pat Eilen
Krazy KW - Chris Schroeder
Lady Butterfly - Gene Dunn
Let Er Rip Tater Chip - Ben Gordon
Maximum Force - Antrim Pulling Team
Maximus Prime - Dick Bonner
Maximus Prime II - Dale Francis
Moody Blue - Jeff Lautanen
Mr. Nasty - Spencer Snyder
Nikki's Nightmare - Brian Elithrope
Penny Pincher - Darrin Dietzel
Playin' with Fire - Ryan DeBroux
Rat Race - TJ Lake
Rooster - Luke Cornelius
Rubber Duck - Mitch Cloudt
Ruhl's Royce - Scott Ruhl
Shameless - Gene Dunn
Short Leashed - Myles Fehn
Silver Bullet I - Richard Scott
Silver Bullet II - Fred Sanders
Sneeky Pete - Joe Giulitto
Some Assembly Required - Dan Adams
Squeekin' By - Tiffany Haselby
Stacks - Sonny Graese
Temperamental - Matt Catlin
The Executioner - Craig Braun
Tow Mater - Kurt Heyroth
Twisted Kitty - Gene Dunn
Unleashed - Kendra Dauer
Unpredictable - Sondra Rodgers
Up in Smoke - Kenven Hagen
VEIT Venom - Luke Kedrowski
Work N Progress - Nate August

Brent Yaron

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2023 04:24AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: List of Super Semi April 04, 2023 01:13AM
Great List. Just a couple of corrections. (1) Grape Ape is now owned by Bob Lautenan ... same team as Moody Blue. (2) Rude Awakening Revisited became Full Spool for the Guilitto Team. Keep up the good work.

Re: List of Super Semi April 04, 2023 03:31AM
Ancient technology by today's standards, but the V-12 Detroits with the Allison's shifting up at 50 feet & down at 250 feet was freakin awesome as a kid to watch & listen to!

Re: List of Super Semi April 04, 2023 01:25AM
I always liked the Super Semi class back in the day. You had a couple guys like Hibbitz and Reis who tried to build a custom built truck who were competitive but never blew the doors off everyone. I think when Jacked up and Mother Trucker came out it slowed down the guys with the true Semi's. Like any other class put up the money or get out. Semi's were always one of my favorite classes but since they have lost the look and sound of a true semi I have lost a bit of interest. Don't get me wrong they are still cool but the smaller custom built stuff doesn't feel or sound like a semi anymore. Single stack out of the hood they sound like a pro stock or super stock, they lost that rumble they used to have out of the 2 big stacks behind the cab and the womp womp sound.

I miss the days of JR Collins, Greg Hibbitz, Larry Carey, and Tiger Ries. Are the Ries trucks still out there or did they get mothballed somewhere. He used to have 3 or 4 if I remember (stage coach, bandit, long horn, and I think he had another show truck that showed up every once and a while the entire cab lifted up can't remember its name). He had the Stage Coach cab over out at Tomah quite a few years back but was way behind everyone.

Re: List of Super Semi April 04, 2023 01:48AM
Collins, Mann, Metzger, Lindsey, Hibbitts, Bojec, Friedline, Flock, Ries, those were glory days for sure. When Ries showed up you had half a class right there, though as time went on his trucks weren't quite competitive. They were probably the closest to working trucks in the class though.

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 03:41AM
Walker´s had ¨down and out¨ (international) then they had the ¨double down¨ and ¨two of a kind¨ Peterbilts. What ever happened to the ¨two of a kind¨ truck?

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 03:57AM
Two of a Kind is now Eilen's Just Passin' Thru in Class if I remember correctly.

Brent Yaron

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 06:07AM
back within i'd say the last 12 yrs middle of 2010 or later at bloomsburg fair under full pull prod. they had the cream of semi's i believe there were at least 17 semi's at that pull. every one from the lindley's (2) the late john mann, the flocks larry cary mr. nasty bessie and even j.r. collins who had a dislike for rick f. sandners and i believe hibbits were there. this was one of the best shows at that time with i believe were semi's from most east coast states. it was big to me being i'm from new york state.

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 07:57PM
The Two of a Kind Truck is now owned by Brian Smith out of Maryland. He put a 4.1 charger on it last year and pull here and there on the East Coast with their class. Brian also owns a Mack with a 4.1 the he calls Snow Blind.

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 08:55PM
I believe you are thinking about double down. Two of a Kind is certainly Just Passin Thru

Re: List of Super Semi April 05, 2023 10:16PM
I believe one of Jeremy Walkers trucks ended up here in Ohio with Dale Mitchell owning it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason