Apex turbo causing problems among pullers April 29, 2023 01:59PM
Im hearing that a new version of apexs truck turbo is causing a fuss? Hearing its been outlawed and not allowed with an organization out east? We heard it caused problems last week also at a pull? Is it legal, whats the problem, why is everybody making such a stink about it or are people just being babys? Insites or info?

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 02, 2023 11:30PM
Just saw this post. I assume its related to the same issue.

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 05, 2023 04:39PM
Link doesn't work. What's the problem??

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 06, 2023 06:43AM
The last week has seen lots of talk about turbochargers and what is being done to inducer bores to gain an advantage. One of the ways that pullers and builders are getting around this rule is by make a cloverleaf design. This is not acceptable and the following rule clarification will be utilized for the proper measuring of all turbochargers. The diameter should be the same when measured anywhere in the inducer bore. Effective immediately. May 3, 2023
Turbochargers – (Clarification)
All turbochargers are measured to the diameter. Specifically, to the size of the turbo limit for the class.

Posted by Full Pull Promotions on facebook.

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 07, 2023 12:33AM
What and exactly where is the ‘inducer bore’? Does this mean no taper either in addition to trying to eliminate the cloverleaf shape? How far does it have to stay straight? All the way to the end of the housing?

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 07, 2023 02:26AM
What do these so called clover leaf designed inducers look like. Any pictures of the turbos in question.

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 07, 2023 12:29PM
I've never seen a clover shaped compressor wheel before. Very Interesting how that would spin when the clover leaf compressor blades come in contact with the compressor cover. Hmmmm???

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 07, 2023 01:25PM
It’s not the wheel, it’s the inducer that is shaped like a cloverleaf.

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 07, 2023 03:02PM
I imagine it’s very subtle. A plug gauge / slug would hit on the insides of the shape, allowing it to pass that kind of tech check.

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 08, 2023 08:16AM
Deere Puller
I imagine it’s very subtle. A plug gauge / slug would hit on the insides of the shape, allowing it to pass that kind of tech check.

It’s not as subtle as you would think.

Re: Apex turbo causing problems among pullers May 08, 2023 08:21AM
So...... It's not a true "3" bore. It's likely a 3.25 bore with .125 dips that will stop a .305 plug from passing through. Then I see it as an illegal bore, because the max measured diameter is over 3". Throw him out because it doesn't fit the rule. Not rocket science. The rules are very clear on how to compressor covers are to be measured and where in the bore. Not controversial just common sense.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520