OSTPA question May 01, 2023 03:12PM
I noticed the SSD FWD trucks are sanctioned in their own class this year after running with the SMFWD class.

Out of curiosity, how many regulars does OSTPA anticipate? Are the diesels still allowedto hook the SMFWD class, or were they booted out? Having blown and smoke together made for an interesting class. Was it that the 7500lb trucks were gaining too much on the blown trucks?

Re: OSTPA question May 01, 2023 10:28PM
I believe you are correct. With the advancement of the SSD 4X4 trucks in horsepower and technology there isn't anyway a blower truck could keep up with them heads up if the cards were perfectly aligned for the diesel truck that night. I do know for a fact that at several OSTPA pulls I attended this past summer sitting at the end of the track, I overheard quite a few of the blower truck guys saying, "at least there isn't any diesel a-holes to worry about tonight." And that had come from the mouths of some really strong runners in the class. I personally loved the class being diesel and alcohol. It was a class worth watching.

Full Pull Productions RWYB May 01, 2023 10:53PM
FPP manages to keep things fairly competitive in their Run What You Brung class. If they could do it, surely OSTPA could.

FPP not only has blown and SSD trucks, but n/a fwd modified trucks including mountain motor, PSD trucks, limited diesel and even had a nitrous truck at one time. I am not sure of weight breaks, hitch heights, or if they adjust these, but there are all kinds of videos.

It's a legit Pro Mod FWD class in the true sense of the term (no disrespect to PPL).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2023 10:53PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Full Pull Productions RWYB May 02, 2023 02:33AM
OSTPA tried to keep the class together but the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. Plus this year OSPTA needs a new class anyways. The lowest amount of hooks a class has is 19 hooks. With some upto 26 hooks.

Re: OSTPA question May 02, 2023 02:57AM
From what I have heard the diesel guys wanted their own class , now they have it, we will see how that pans out .I dont think they can run in the SMFWD class anymore. As far as the blower trucks not being able to keep up with the diesel trucks , I suspect if there was not a 1200 lb difference the diesel trucks might be disappointed .

Re: OSTPA question May 02, 2023 04:38AM
At one time the FPP RWYB class had various weights and drawbar heights to even everything out. However, in more recent years there’s been an effort to simplify the rules. Last year all trucks competed at 7500 lbs. Drawbar height was adjusted based off of set up.

It’s a premiere class and a lot of fun to watch. Anyone can win, any given night. FPP is always striving for the perfect balance, especially in this class. Some variations may be tried this season bust as for last year, those were the basic rules.

The 2022 Class champion was a diesel 4x4 running a single Turbo (Mike Hearn ~ Bad Attitude)
The 2021 Class Champion was the aforementioned Nitrous Truck (Doug Martin ~ HuffmansAuto)

So it certainly can be done. Different organizations obviously need to do what’s best for them.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,645, Posts: 229,712, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520