Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 05, 2023 11:57PM
It is with Great Excitement and Anticipation for over a year now that we introduce you to the newest program that Full Pull Productions has to offer. The Youth Pulling Program.....a first in the sport. Looking towards the future and the sustainability of our sport, we felt it was imperative to get the next generation of youth involved in this great family oriented sport. The youth Pullers will be a part of the big show in front of the whole crowd at each of these events. (unless there are weather related issues).

All the youth who participate in the program will be invited to our year end banquet where they will receive Hats, t-shirts, and more for their participation throughout the year. Thanks to Nate & Natalie August of Nate August LLC for their contribution to the year end awards for the Youth Program.

Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for specific events that will offer this class in 2023. Below is a list of events that are already scheduled for the Youth Program.

May 20 - Westmoreland Power Pull
June 3 - Diesel Days - Butler Farm Show
June 17 - Keystone Nationals - Brookville,PA
June 24- Geauga Power Pulls - Burton OH
July 22 - Raceway 7 Power Pull -Conneaut, OH

Please follow the link for more information.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2023 11:58PM by fullpullusaeast.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 07, 2023 11:42PM
Thanks for posting the scheduled events so far,I'll be certain NOT TO ATTEND these

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 03:48AM
What an @#$%&. Those kids are the future of the sport. Personally, watching the youth classes at the Demolition derby is better than watching the adults because they have 0 cares in the world other than having fun out there. A smile on a kid's face is worth more than a million dollars to some. I hope people didn't attend your first circle jerk.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 04:16AM
What the heck Todd? Your son pulls a garden tractor, doesn't he? My grandson started with pedal pulling, garden tractors then farm stock and now drives our Hot Farm. I'm for anything to keep growing the sport by helping the new young and older pullers. There was a great couple from out area that had pedal pulling sleds and tractors. They ran the fair circuit for years and insurance cost put them out. Good luck to those still doing it.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 08:03AM
In what capacity are they going to be involved? Helping with track, flagging, pulling?? If pulling what class will they be pulling? Not being facetious, just curious about what they will be doing. I'm all about the kids getting involved, that's how I got hooked on the sport! Best wishes with the program. I'm not a fan of Full Pull USA East because of their goofy rules not being very accommodating to outside organizations with similar classes, but kudos to them for hooking the youngsters at an early age to try and build their next generation of members! Best wishes Full Pull, I wish some pullers I know from western Ohio could be welcome to attend some of these pulls then I would likely attend to watch the youngans. Again, Best wishes!!

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 12:20PM
I've seen many times they put little kids or physically hadicapped folks on garden tractors, open the throttle and drop the clutch while a SMALL CHILD or physically disabled individual is hanging on for dear life!!! The kid can't even manage to steer the tractor in many cases, all he or she is doing is holding on. This is the most dangerous and irresponsible thing any adult could do to endanger a child or others. Before you say the parent or track officials are right there to keep them safe, let me say about a bad accident in the very scenario that I just described. First the tractor flew up and hit the wheelie bars that appeared to not do a very good job and allowed the tractor to come up too high, then one of the folks that were walking along side to "Keep Everything Safe" grabbed the exhaust pipe and melted his skin to the pipe, then another jumped in and put his hand on the clutch to stop the forward progress, then his hand slipped off the clutch pedal when the tractor came to a sudden stop and the guy fell forward, then the tractor reared violently and flew back up throwing the helpless child off the back and in the process the child somehow got his leg caught between the spinning tire and the fender and rear end of the tractor breaking the child's leg and ground skin from his leg, not to mention the poor guy getting severe burns to his hand that trued to keep the kid safe. Don't ever want to see that happen again! If a person is not physically able and capable of completely operating the pulling vehicle in a completely safe manner with someone else assisting in the operation of the vehicle to start, stop or manage the power train by their self, then they DO NOT BELONG IN SEAT! It's pure stupidity!!! I am all for getting youngsters involved however they need to be capable of operating the vehicle BY Themselves and be capable of controlling the vehicle at ALL TIMES. As for street driven trucks, puller should have a valid DL. That's all I got on the matter.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 01:54PM
Spectator
I've seen many times they put little kids or physically hadicapped folks on garden tractors, open the throttle and drop the clutch while a SMALL CHILD or physically disabled individual is hanging on for dear life!!! The kid can't even manage to steer the tractor in many cases, all he or she is doing is holding on. This is the most dangerous and irresponsible thing any adult could do to endanger a child or others. Before you say the parent or track officials are right there to keep them safe, let me say about a bad accident in the very scenario that I just described. First the tractor flew up and hit the wheelie bars that appeared to not do a very good job and allowed the tractor to come up too high, then one of the folks that were walking along side to "Keep Everything Safe" grabbed the exhaust pipe and melted his skin to the pipe, then another jumped in and put his hand on the clutch to stop the forward progress, then his hand slipped off the clutch pedal when the tractor came to a sudden stop and the guy fell forward, then the tractor reared violently and flew back up throwing the helpless child off the back and in the process the child somehow got his leg caught between the spinning tire and the fender and rear end of the tractor breaking the child's leg and ground skin from his leg, not to mention the poor guy getting severe burns to his hand that trued to keep the kid safe. Don't ever want to see that happen again! If a person is not physically able and capable of completely operating the pulling vehicle in a completely safe manner with someone else assisting in the operation of the vehicle to start, stop or manage the power train by their self, then they DO NOT BELONG IN SEAT! It's pure stupidity!!! I am all for getting youngsters involved however they need to be capable of operating the vehicle BY Themselves and be capable of controlling the vehicle at ALL TIMES. As for street driven trucks, puller should have a valid DL. That's all I got on the matter.

I'm calling total BS on this story.

Link a story or internet article about it.....if you can't it didn't happen.

If you do, I will apologize, but I don't believe what you wrote happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2023 02:03PM by Mark (EC,IN).

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 12:46AM
Mark (EC,IN)

I'm calling total BS on this story.

Link a story or internet article about it.....if you can't it didn't happen.

If you do, I will apologize, but I don't believe what you wrote happened.
Awe shucks.. you got me Mark!! It must be BS and a figment of my imagination!! An awful accident that I dreamed up from nowhere just because it's not on the Internet and a news reporter didn't happen to be at the back country event that happened in the late 70s!! Ohh.... wait a minute I dont recall anything called the Internet at that time, or if I'm not dreaming thus up, I don't even think people had cell phones with cameras either.... hmmm..... it doesn't matter it's all just a dream Mark, it never happened just because You say it didn't because it's not on the net and no news reports have it documented. All I can say is that their will never be blood on my hands of a child senselesly injured because of me putting them in such a situation that happened so long ago. When you see something like that it opens your eyes and you never want that to happen again to anyone!! But it's OK it was just a dream Mark. Because the internet says so... or not in this case. Oh and by the way.. ai Google searched some other tractor pull accidents and events that were of significance that I know of and guess what I found...... Absolutely NOTHING!!! Even when Google searched by specific location and event. Hmmmm..... I wonder why????? Oh I forgot these things never happened!!! Because they were not documented by the news paper or posted on the internet..... Right Mark (EC,IN)......

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 01:28AM
Just as I thought....didn't happen.

Sweet Dreams!

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 03:51AM
Have you been to an event or looked at their rules lately? Did you know that there are new owners? The new owners have changed a lot of things to make it more easy for people to pull where ever they want. Lim Pro 3.0 and Pro Street 2.6 Trucks are PPL rules. Exactly what classes are you referring to?

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 04:38AM
Are they each going to get a participation trophy at the end of the year? It sounds Woke.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 12:46PM
My son pulls NQS pro stocks and full cut tire antiques patched and I would put everything we own on the line and say he could beat you in both all day everyday

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 11, 2023 04:14AM
Probably,I don't have either,have never had either,and don't intend on having either

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 08:12AM
patches
Thanks for posting the scheduled events so far,I'll be certain NOT TO ATTEND these

Patches...... did you open the link & read the basic rules & criteria for the program????

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 11, 2023 04:18AM
Yes,a few times.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 10:42AM
To to patches and jd 43..no 12 year old belongs behind the wheel of a " street driven pickup" on sat night of fairs.thats an accident in the making.id bet "most" 12 year old kids have year little experience behind the wheel of any pickup truck,farm kids some,but city kids no.you gonna tell the 21st kid in line sorry shoulda been a little earlier..yes my son pulled as a kid,and never at that age on sat night infont of the big stage.theres a time and place for everything,not on the big stage.what other truck classes do not require a driver's license and allow a rider ?.I'm all for supporting kids in the sport, I have let newmerous kids drive my tractors at events,and I enjoy the smile too,and it's a lasting memory for them,but never on the fairs biggest pulling event of the week.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 11:47AM
There are lots of very successful dirt car drivers that are between the ages of 12 to 15. I think it's a great way to get kids involved early on.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2023 12:51PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 02:42PM
Well now I guess I missed that "kids" were going to drive big boy toys. I apologize if that's the case, but I thought they were going to do kid stuff.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 08, 2023 10:28PM
I still disagree with you patches. sorry. But in my neck of the woods (central ohio) it seems as if truck and tractor pulling is on the decline at some of the fairs and the demolition Derbys are gaining more and more popularity. Once again, the demo derby's around here (depending on the promotor) offers a youth class. I would like to say the kids (ages 10-15) have more common sense and composure than the adults. especially when it comes to attitudes after the event. this class Full Pull Productions could easily be policed and honestly, according to FPP rules, they seem to have it figured out.

also, the age group for these kids is 12-15 years old. its not like you're strapping a 7 year old into the driver's seat of your truck. at 12 years old you see alot of farm kids out in the field helping their parents run a tractor, skid loader exc. Brent hit the nail on the head, some very very successful young kids out there in the stock car world can run with the best adults.
here's a few of the rules that stood out to me so Patches can feel safer at these pulls.
rule #5 a parent will drive the truck everywhere in the pits and to the lineup area.
rule#6 youth will be allowed to drive the truck on the track from the lineup area and back it into the sled at the parent's discretion.
rule#7 a parent MUST ride with the participant during competition.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 12:21AM
I have witnessed many youthful drivers participate in competition, some capable, many not so much, age means little, experience means more, - however the physical size of the child matters, and mostly the mental capability matters, when, not if @#$%& happens, not all adults handle a @#$%& happens situation very good, - so a small child with little understanding of emergency type crap mostly will fail in a situation that wasn't supposed to happen in Life, but did, The parent's have no right to risk the child's safety at too young of age. I believe if you can't back it up to hook, - you have no business driving at all,are too small physically and are not able to properly reach the controls, stay out of the competition. Period, at home in the field is a totally different animal.

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 03:09AM
In 2020 a 12 year old girl started pulIing a 4430 JD..She didnt grow up on a farm but her Grandpa farms..In 2021 she was one of the toughest competitors in a state level 10,500 Hot Stock class at 12.5 mph coming in 2nd in points...She is an exceptional young lady that had successfully pulled garden tractors for about 7 years...Not all 12 year olds are ready to pull but she was..Several of you on here will know whom I'm talking about..This is our future..

Re: Full Pull Productions adds Youth Pulling Program May 09, 2023 05:11AM
After taking time to read the rules on the Facebook post, I think this is an excellent idea. The controlled conditions offered in the rule set are reasonable.

Any given weekend I encounter kids aged 8 to 15 on Antiques, younger on garden tractors. The youngest with necessary supervision, but many that have matured enough to handle the machines by themselves. Remember, kids are sponges for knowledge at this age and if they're supervised and taught correctly they'll perform any number of tasks in a competent and safe manner. This age and space in time for them is where you make the effort to join the sport, to capture their hearts and minds to love it like we do (hmm...that sounds a little cult-like but you get my point), so that, in the end, if they decide they don't like to do it, then it simply wasn't for them...every best effort is to be made to get them involved.

I am reminded of this quote:
“If you're gonna make your kids tough, which they better be if they’re gonna survive in the world, you can’t interfere when they’re doing dangerous things carefully.” - Jordan Peterson

Most people who read this page are of the mindset that we've become soft as a society; isn't activity like this a means to "toughen" kids up a little? Some will do better than others. You applaud the ones who do well and encourage and instruct the ones who didn't do well so that they become better through the struggle. We have a bunch of kids now that hide in their bedrooms who play on their phones and tablets, looking at God knows what for hours and hours. So...if we offset that situation to give them exciting to do outside the confines of the home, and just perhaps they want to get their hands a little dirty, learn to read a track, and develop some critical thinking skills along the way, are they....we....not better for it?

PS the only thing I would change in the rule set is a standardized hitch height to limit the trucks from power-hopping their way down the track, limiting breakage.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason