Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 03:01AM
Is it true Ravenna might keep their pull on Labor Day weekend? I heard NE State Fair Board is too hard to work with and wont move the pull to GI with the state fair? Ravenna pull was best ever, but it really hurt their crowd I think. It was great in the stands though, nice and comfy-not too crowded-great weather-fantastic BBQ ribs. Five and a half hours of pulling for 10 bucks!! Cant beat that with a stick. Congrats to the Ravenna crew. Great Job!

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 03:34AM
Great job to the people of Ravenna for another great pull
Great track and well run event and perfect weather
doesn't get any better then that

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 04:20AM
Thanks for the Compliments, The people on the commitee that put on the Ravenna Pull do work hard to put on a good show for you. Yes there is a lot of talk about moving the pull to labor day weekend and there is alot of talk about even going to a 2 day event. We will meet on this probably in a month or so to see what will happen for sure. With the extra expense of advertising twice after the rainout and the gate was alittle down we will see what happens. But 140 hooks shows the pullers like the change. Tell me you the fans or pullers would like to see.

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 04:35AM
I would like to not see the tracks tore up in the middle of the event. Made for a numbers track after that........

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 04:59AM
What do you mean by "Numbers track" ?

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 05:55AM
Great pull! Best outlaw show i was at all year.

Re: Ravenna Pull: Labor Day weekend September 11, 2009 06:44AM
Yeah move the Ravenna pull to Labor Day weekend. That could be the biggest draw the State Fair will have.

Re: Ravenna Pull: Labor Day weekend September 11, 2009 06:56AM
Although I pull a super farm, it would have been nice to have the outlaws pull in the afternoon and the bush pull in the evening. I wanted to watch some of the Outlaw classes and then head home. It was a six hour drive and then stop and talk with another puller why his wheels decided to leave him on the interstate made for a long night. Other than that it was fun. Oh and one onther thing, put a quirt top on the BBQ sauce. When you go thru the line and want to put a little on..........well that aint going to happen....and af course Ulmer was there to inform me how not to do it!

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 08:26AM
when the super farm pulled it just got better every hook..the last 2 tractors got 1st and 2 nd..most time the track there takes lots of power and front end weight..didnt happen this time..but that is the luck of pulling

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 11:25AM
are you saying the last 2 tractors were not as strong as the rest of the class including the winner?

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 02:41PM
I cant figure his thinking out either !

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 03:01PM
He said they were building a road, and didn't matter what tractor you had at the end of the class, you were going into the lead.

Re: Ravenna Pull September 11, 2009 05:22PM
Great Great pull!!!! The tracks for the supers was a little hard not many good hooks for them. Alot of wheel speed and some wild rides still makes for a good show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520