? for pullers about joining an association May 09, 2023 11:20PM
How many hooks does your class need to have before you feel like it's worth it to join an association or member state?

I understand a small local association that charges $40 to join may be a different calculation than several hundred $ like NTPA for example.

Re: ? for pullers about joining an association May 10, 2023 03:28AM
I don't necessarily think it should come down only to the amount of hooks your particular class has for that season.

One should also take into consideration other factors such as insurance, payouts, pit passes, organization, teching, points payback, banquet, venues, etc.

---

Re: ? for pullers about joining an association May 10, 2023 04:09AM
I feel like the biggest thing is the Competitors. The people you pull with make or break a great association. We hung around the association we pull with for a few years and became friends with the group and that made us want to jump in with them, so we did. Another big factor I feel like is the distance of the pulls from home, and justifying the membership cost versus per hook with how many hooks you plan to travel to.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520