Excess fluid on track May 22, 2023 03:00AM
I know the Pullers Championship was not a "points" pull anywhere, but after watching I have a question. I believe there is a rule in the NTPA and PPL rule book regarding disqualificiton due to "excess fluid" on the track. Why dont the officials enforce that rule? Most of the spark plug engines push out alot of oil, and the intercooler tractor lose alot of water from the intercoolers. Just curious. Those Case Prostocks were pushing water almost immediately the entire run. To me it is no different than going out of bounds. A rule is a rule. Maybe that rule does not exist anymore, Im not sure.

Re: Excess fluid on track May 22, 2023 04:27AM
Two tractors were disqualified Saturday night for excessive fluids. The 618 Pro Stock for excessive oil and Stress Case for excessive water.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Excess fluid on track May 23, 2023 03:16AM
Several years ago NTPA initiated a rule that we had to put on catch cans to catch blowby. After a short period they took away the mandate and said that it was recommended. The fear was that guys were building tanks between the front two engines of a mod, these tanks are basically full of alcohol fumes more than oil making them into potential bombs if an engine blows up throwing shrapnel through them. The rule about excessive liquid still stood.

The frothy looking oil that we see on the track is way less oil than it appears. We built catch cans that are removed from harms way and drain them after an event. We often get an ounce or two of oil and 12 to 16 ounces of alcohol. When these fluids are mixed when hot and under pressure they get frothy and expand tremendously making it appear worse than it is until the alcohol evaporates. We've been using catch cans since this rule was first implemented and they never put a drop of oil on the track even in a pulloff when the blowby tends to have much more oil in it. The water is whole different issue.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,834, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro