One of the big three getting left behind? May 30, 2023 03:55AM
Outlaws/Coal Train Energy Drink

PPL/Coal Train Energy Drink

Either an annoucement from Columbus is forthcoming, or this company decided they would get more bang for their advertising buck with Outlaws and PPL.

I don't expect an answer to this unless someone wants to share, but I wonder what % of sponsorship $ Outlaws, PPL, and NTPA takes off the top when a company signs a deal with them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2023 03:55AM by The Original Michael.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? May 30, 2023 06:02AM
it's a Missouri based company. How many GN's have been in MO in the last decade?

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 01, 2023 12:06AM
Grubby
Wheatland.

Eye Rolling

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 01, 2023 03:17AM
Jefferson City was the last NTPA GN pull in Missouri.
And it was "co-sanctioned" with Outlaws.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 02, 2023 11:20PM
I tell you who is getting left behind is the fans of Outlaws! Last night at Monnett there was maybe 20 hooks in 5 or 6 classes. Over half in one class. At least NTPA had an out 50 hooks in 5 top tier classes. My last time going to Outlaws, all hype, no show!

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 03, 2023 12:32AM
Heard there was a lot of breakage of people getting ready that I planned on coming to Monett , go to Ravanna Nebraska next weekend and they will have 100 to 120 hooks per night. Outlaws put on a great show. Can’t help all the breakage and
People waiting on parts.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 03, 2023 02:08AM
Jim Thourton
I tell you who is getting left behind is the fans of Outlaws! Last night at Monnett there was maybe 20 hooks in 5 or 6 classes. Over half in one class. At least NTPA had an out 50 hooks in 5 top tier classes. My last time going to Outlaws, all hype, no show!

I've been to lots of Outlaw pulls and they have all had much better numbers than this one..Dont judge just one pull...Its early in the season and some pullers are still farming or waiting on parts.. The classes at this pull were mostly the ones that dont draw the big numbers..

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 03, 2023 11:16AM
Why did the put classes here at Monett that do not draw big numbers. Sure wasn’t told that when bought tickets.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 04, 2023 08:59AM
Jim Thourton
Why did the put classes here at Monett that do not draw big numbers. Sure wasn’t told that when bought tickets.

Once again its early in the year and not everyone is ready plus some of those classes dont have many pullers close by so they have to travel...Some of us figured that the numbers might be short at this pull...Some of the state associations are also seeing short numbers in some of their classes..Lots are waiting on parts-etc.

If you want to see a good Outlaw pull not that far from Monett,MO go to Warrensburg,MO on July 29th or Mound City,KS on August 6th..MSTPA will also have some classes at Mound City...I have never been disappointed in the numbers at these pulls..Both places have the PS 4x4's,4.1's, and 10 Pros which always put on a good show....The Mound City,KS pull was one of the better ones I went to last year....The last hook of the night decided the winner in 10 Pro.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 03, 2023 02:12AM
Jim Thourton

Since you're so unhappy with the Outlaws why don't you just go to ntpa events in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas? That seems like a logical solution to me!

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 03, 2023 11:23AM
Why do you act like it’s my fault. We go to a lot of pulls around here and they all have had better numbers than what I paid to see last night. They are also a lot cheaper to go to. If paying by vehicle a they are better bang for my buck. We ussauly don’t get to see Outlaws, NTPA or PPL out here so we were excited to see Outlaws coming here close. But we were all disappointed! Hopefully the Joplin pull will be back every year.

Funny you mention Arkansas June 03, 2023 02:33AM
A well planned event out around Stuttgart, AR would be huge!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2023 02:34AM by Cody.

lack of Pro Stock 4x4s at Monett... June 05, 2023 02:20AM
Something a fellow pro stock puller brought up on a facebook post and it made a lot of sense was that Monett should've had pro stock 4x4 on the class list to begin with instead of waiting till the day of pull to mention they were pulling those trucks. That part of missouri as well as the state in general is a hotbed for that class and would've drawn a bunch of trucks down there.

Re: Funny you mention Arkansas June 05, 2023 07:32AM
Has there ever been a professioal pull in Stuttgart? I know there were some mini pullers from there in the 80&90's. I lived in the state from 2000-2006 and there were none anywhere.

Re: One of the big three getting left behind? June 04, 2023 11:18AM
Jim Thourton

Especially when Benson is the farthest for some to travel. 16-18 hrs for some to get there

Positive NTPA news June 06, 2023 06:30AM
One unrelated question is why don't more tractor manufacturers get involved in the sport? I understand the issue Deere had in the early 1970s, but the days of factory pulling engine blueprints have long since passed. Should pullers seek out and reward manufacturers who are willing to get involved, even if that means stepping back from John Deere? Just posing a question.

Cash-IH announcement

Case IH and the National Tractor Pullers Association (NTPA) are partnering to bring fans of the Grand National Series closer to the action than ever before. This is the twelfth consecutive year which Case IH, a global leader in agriculture and farm equipment, has served as the presenting sponsor of the series. In addition, Case IH will be the NTPA’s official farm equipment brand.

Fans will be seeing red all season long with the now-familiar sight of Case IH equipment working the tracks while being able to connect with their local Case IH dealers on-site at many events.

For the third year, Case IH will also sponsor this year’s NTPA Superfan Experience Contest, designed to reward loyal and dedicated fans, kicking off on June 1.

Six lucky people will win the top prize that includes a trip to Racine, Wisconsin, for a bucket-list Case IH Superfan Experience. It will take place at the Case IH Racine Experience Center, located between Milwaukee and Chicago. Each winner and a guest will enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the Racine plant, a top-shelf experience in the retail environment center, a special meeting with Case IH executives, a “Follow a Tractor Build” and more! Plus, one 2023 Grand National NTPA champion will join the winners to share more about their championship season, pulling career and team. Travel and accommodations will be provided.

Additionally, multiple weekly winners will be awarded a souvenir Case IH banner signed by all class winners from one of the previous weekend’s sessions or a Case IH hat signed by an NTPA puller along with a letter of authenticity.

Entries must be received between June 1 and October 30, 2023, with the grand prize drawing to be held on October 31, 2023.

To enter, visit [ntpapull.com].

View the Official Rules, including eligibity requirements, at [ntpapull.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2023 06:31AM by The Original Michael.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,766, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason