Electric steering unit June 05, 2023 01:45PM
Looking for some info on electric steering unit . Have a cylinder and steering valve just need some type power unit . I have heard of using dump trailer pump or snow plow motors but so many to choose from

Re: Electric steering unit June 05, 2023 11:20PM
[www.northerntool.com]

We use this unit it works great. You need something that is capable of being on for an "extended" time. A plow unit is made for short runs so the dump hoist unit would work but you want something with no valving. I tried messing around with dump units or whatnot and ended up just saying F it and ordering one of those then never looking back. Its been great.

Re: Electric steering unit June 06, 2023 05:33AM
How do you set it up?

Re: Electric steering unit June 06, 2023 06:21AM
If you have closed center hydraulics like on a JD, you'll need a pressure switch like United Electric Control 10-C14 to turn the pump on and off. I have it on my 5020 and it works great.

Re: Electric steering unit June 06, 2023 11:14PM
Pressure line from the pump to the Char-Lynn valve, return back to the pump
2 lines off the char lynn to each side of the cylinder
Main power wire like a 6ga to the pump, then a smaller like 14ga to trigger to solenoid. Put that wire on a toggle switch near the operator and turn it on when you need to steer

Re: Electric steering unit June 07, 2023 03:15AM
Thanks greatly appreciated

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro