Chaining down in enclosed trailer June 13, 2023 02:34PM
Just wondering what is the best way to strap down a pulling tractor in an enclosed trailer? Do you recommend tire nets? If so, where would you buy them at? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Chaining down in enclosed trailer June 13, 2023 03:28PM
I strap mine down with 4 straps to D-rings, 2 in front and 2 in rear.

Re: Chaining down in enclosed trailer June 14, 2023 02:05AM
We used to use straps but had issues with the straps working loose on longer hauls so we went to chains and binders. When we do use straps I like to use Mac's custom tie downs. They are very good quality and can be customized. They will make wheel nets to any size if you decide to go that route. macscustomtiedowns.com

S'no Farmer

Re: Chaining down in enclosed trailer June 14, 2023 06:38AM
S'no Farmer
We used to use straps but had issues with the straps working loose on longer hauls so we went to chains and binders. When we do use straps I like to use Mac's custom tie downs. They are very good quality and can be customized. They will make wheel nets to any size if you decide to go that route. macscustomtiedowns.com

S'no Farmer
I had that trouble too until I started rolling up more slack in the ratchet till it was full. No more loose straps.

Re: Chaining down in enclosed trailer June 14, 2023 11:02PM
When I had my Super we only had "1" binder. what we did was we had a HEAVY short chain with a slip hook and dropped it into the "secondary" rear hitch, pulled it tight with the winch and had 1 ratchet binder bolted directly to a plate in the floor and hooked the other end to a welded ring under the front weight box.we hauled it that way for 20 years and it never came loose

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason