Pulling's Best Kept Secret June 14, 2023 09:19AM
When we talk about Wisconsin pulling, Hillsboro and Tomah immediately come to mind. There's a ton of great state and regional action too as evidenced by the Baraboo (BSTP) and Ellsworth (WTPA) shows this past weekend as well. In light of all this good pulling, regardless of organization, I submit the Mackville Nationals into the conversation. In my opinion, it's the state's best-kept secret for a large-scale, well-attended event. I have attended the Mackville Nationals since 2014 and it is a unique combination of local, state, regional and national competition wrapped up into four sessions of action. I am continually amazed at how the "wide spot in the road" -- that Mackville is -- swells in size as it does. It's a testament to Rodger Baum, his event crew, sponsors, and the St. Edwards Parish that hosts the event and their continual hard work. They do a great job of keeping the action moving, as I have rarely been there past 11pm for the BSTP/PPL action, which is set for this Friday and Saturday. The Thursday and Sunday sessions are proper bookends to the Friday and Saturday sessions, giving pulling fans the chance to consume a whole lot of pulling in one spot across a variety of classes.

This year FloRacing is on-site to livestream and I invite you to check that out, click this link to investigate livestreaming these two sessions and eleven more PPL events in 2023. Still, make plans to attend - come for the pull, drink some, ahem, "holy water," stay for the after-pull music, and check out the pulling and polka music on Sunday, Fathers Day.

Here's to Wisconsin's best-kept pulling secret -- being known to all!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,960.

Our newest member CBeard