Hutch June 16, 2023 06:06PM
I was in Hutchinson tonight, lots of tractors, lots of people in the stands, a beautiful evening. The red sled broke down, it happens, that wasn't really the problem. Still take a 10 min intermission at like 10pm? What did that really gain you. It was obviously going to take till midnight the way it was, why would you purposely slow the show down more? The pulling was happening as well as can be with one sled, but then let's stop the flow and take a break. The promoter needs to wake up a little bit. All in all it was a good show just seemed to be drug out more than needed. I still stayed till the end. Maybe I'm over reacting. The end.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 12:32AM
You are not overreacting. Promoters and organizations have an obligation to keep their shows moving. Ten minutes isn't a long intermission so it's nothing to get too upset about. But there are plenty of examples of pulls that save the best classes until the end and the pull lasts four, five hours or longer. By the time those classes pull, the stands are 1/2 full (or worse). And then they ask how to grow the sport!

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:10AM
I never understood the reason for an intermission, it's not a Broadway play. One of the problems with pulling is the length of the show and now we are going to take a 10 minutes and stop the action. Makes ne sense.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 04:08AM
Bulletproof Buck done with outlaws?

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 05:23AM
I have no inside info on the BULLETPROOF BUCK . Last weekend Ravenna got rained out and the ps class was suppose to hook twice. Maybe they decided to hook in Hutch instead of driving all the wat back to texas. Time will tell because the ps class in ottpa hooks twice in Whitewright Texas next week

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 06:01AM
He was the even at Ravenna he hooked twice in Farley from results just wondered if they were done with outlaws or what

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 09:54AM
Clint has a full blown big PS intercooled setup since Louisville

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:13AM
Maybe the flagman or sled operator really had to pee.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 03:43AM
They did the same thing last year, there were only 50 hooks and it still took till midnight with both sleds! It seems to me they just want more of your money, there’s some good pulling there but it’s the most expensive pull to attend (per hook) that I’ve been to by far! But at least the overpriced food was improved over years past!

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:14AM
How long was the sled down? If it took more than 10 minutes to get fixed then, yeah there is no reason to take another break. It’s hard enough to keep people’s attention and enthusiasm going these days. People don’t want to be driving home/leaving a pull at midnight/ 1 AM. Pullers being fired up and pulling on the track as the sled getting set speeds up the show more than anything I’ve seen and it just seems to be lacking at most pulls anymore.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:26AM
It broke on the second hook of the night and they were unable to get it fixed all night. The boys were thrashing on it, just wasn't meant to be last night. But still had to try to sell a couple more hamburgers at 10pm.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:35AM
Why didn't you go directly to Ricky Rose and ask him??!! I'm sure he wasn't hard to find! If nothing else I'm sure he was by the GiddyUp hauler! I can assure you he will not see your complaint on this board as he doesn't get on here.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:50AM
Well he was in the blade, guess we couldve ran out there. And don't give one single shi# if he looks at this or not quite honestly.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 01:54AM
Yes there was issues tonight. BUT if you keyboard warriors can do BETTER PLEASE PROMOTE A GN SHOW IN MINNESOTA!!!!

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 05:21AM
PULLING FAN
Yes there was issues tonight. BUT if you keyboard warriors can do BETTER PLEASE PROMOTE A GN SHOW IN MINNESOTA!!!!

OR existing promoters like ones at Hutch can keep their eyes and ears open toward trying to do a better job.

But at least in Minnesota you've got the NTPA, in Nebraska almost every pull has been taken over by one group and every pull I attend is the exact same thing. Sit through a couple hours of starter classes before the stuff I want to see comes on.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 02:04AM
Well then I guess your complaint has no chance of being addressed! Some of you are impossible! He's the promoter, go to him! Guess it's easier to type on here. He's probably there all day today!

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 02:10AM
Oh I know for a fact he'll hear about it today. I guess some people like the slow pace. Go ahead and stick to antique pulling then. The show was great. All that was said was the intermission was dumb. Which it is.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 02:42AM
Yes the intermission is a waste of time, the only thing it does is increase sales for the vendors and by the looks of things the couple of times I left my seat the concession stands were busy all night. What surprised me is that even with only using 1 sled most of the night the pull was still over at the usual time - between 11:00 and midnight.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 03:23AM
I mentioned the intermission issue to him a couple years ago. If more do, maybe it will get changed? He knows why I am not there this weekend and was joking with me about it a couple weeks ago. I suspect had he known there would only be 6 Mods there he would have booked the Unlimited class. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Oh well, saved me 1,500 miles of driving. lol

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 03:17AM
Did mods get rained out? no results listed. no mention of a rainout on any facebook page. That leaves me with no other alternative then to assume that whomever is taking care of that for ntpa has not done their job correctly. Should probably look for a new one. 10am next day and no excuse or rationalization as to why they are not listed. Must be the internet went down for every provider in Minn. as the mod class was competing.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 04:41AM
I wish the live stream audio was better to hear the tractors going down the track.

Re: Hutch June 17, 2023 05:14AM
Most live streams seem to have audio issues for some reason. For what it costs and for as long as live streams have been going one would think they would have it figured out by now. I realize each event has to be set up and that it is live and unedited and that can be a challenge. Once in a while they get it right but not often. The audio at the event last night wasn't much better, speakers on the grandstand side kept cutting out most of the show. I know these issues are minor but when its advertised as a "must see pull" and this is the 30 year anniversary you would think they would have it figured out.

Re: Hutch; The Cheeseburger Nationals June 18, 2023 02:42PM
Well, to everyone's relief, the modified results from Friday night got posted JUST in time to avert a cataclysmic meltdown of planet earth.
Saturdays results were posted in a timely manner.
The rakes on the skid loaders were allowed to assist with track maintenance, and 2 packers were run as well.
FYI, the crew at Hutch brought in a LOT of yellow clay with plenty of biomass in it. The track will be much improved after a freeze cycle in a Minnesoda winter, eh?
No intermission was taken Saturday. (Thank you sweet baby Jesus). I did miss the drum solo.
No one got hurt, and there was a winner in every class.
And, if you don't like the sound on that there live stream, saddle up and come to the Cheeseburger Nationals next year !!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason