GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 22, 2023 08:54AM
Anyone use a gps speed app on their smartphone to monitor track speed when there is no reader board? If so, what app do you use? Does it display mph to the tenths? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2023 12:24PM by Stretch.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 03:33AM
If no one is using an app, what are you using?

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 05:49AM
You may have to download a few and try them each out and see how well they work, There are a dozen Android apps that are highly rated and free to download. The greatest issues are the latency of the gps signa, the accuracy of the sled's monitor and the accuracy of the app itself - all the more reason to try out multiple apps.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 06:01AM
Bryan Lively
You may have to download a few and try them each out and see how well they work, There are a dozen Android apps that are highly rated and free to download. The greatest issues are the latency of the gps signa, the accuracy of the sled's monitor and the accuracy of the app itself - all the more reason to try out multiple apps.

Those are all issues that I have concerns with. I know the app is not going to be perfect but didn’t know if anyone had experience with one that worked better than another. I figured if I could come up with a free app that worked well enough then it would be better than spending big money on a fancy setup. I have seen some posts about boat GPS units from Australia but the posts are 5+ years old and didn’t know if there was a better bang for my buck now.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 09:27AM
I've seen these …. [sensor-1.com] and I personally have one from this company [hmbe.com.au]

one thing to remember, these WILL not coincide with the sleds gps…..its a close guideline to about how fast your going. It would be nice to have a board system so everyone can see speed and distance, then everyone will be on a level playing field.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2023 09:31AM by IHFarmer07.

GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 01:02PM
Thanks for the response and information. Are you happy with yours? I understand it will not be exact to the sled but I’m just looking for something to get me close. Some places I go have a board, unfortunately some places do not.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 24, 2023 01:43AM
Stretch
Thanks for the response and information. Are you happy with yours? I understand it will not be exact to the sled but I’m just looking for something to get me close. Some places I go have a board, unfortunately some places do not.

Yes sir I am, the screen is not too big and not too small……I’ve had it for several years, wanting to say since 2015-2016.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 24, 2023 12:42PM
Awesome information, thanks guys!

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 06:54PM
I run a sensor one setup. It is going to be way more precise than any phone app , but they are a little spendy.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 24, 2023 06:45PM
mo1466
I run a sensor one setup. It is going to be way more precise than any phone app , but they are a little spendy.

I and lots of the guys I pull with also run a Sensor One out of Princeton,Kansas.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 23, 2023 05:17PM
I have used both of these apps. The top one messures to the 100th. The bottom one messures to the 10th. Both are pretty accurate and have a quick refresh speed. The down side is they are only available for android phones.

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 24, 2023 03:38AM
What apps are they?

Re: GPS Speed Monitoring App, Recommendations? June 24, 2023 05:11AM
I have an app called Speedometer-2 which is just the newer version of Speedometer. I used it to calibate my sprayer and worked good enough for that. I know it'll go down to tenths, perhaps hundredths.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard