Case p pump June 28, 2023 07:58AM
When putting a p pump on a case motor does a person have to cut some off the pump on the back bottom bolt to get it to go in the timing cover

Re: Case p pump June 29, 2023 06:18AM
Yes, we ground the block where the bottom inside pump bolt goes about 1/8" deep and ground the pump so there was about 3/32 material left between the hole and the outside edge of the pump flange. Also have to cut the lower left side of the pump flange off to tilt the pump out or it hits the block, grind the frost plug boss toward the back of the pump down and install a new frost plug deeper. Also the frost plug boss ahead of that one needs to be ground to clear the shutoff lever if you have it on the inside. And the back inside vertical pump bolt location (right ahead of the governor housing) will probably need some trimmed off that too. And if you have a stock timing cover, cut to fit the P pump, I would make a brace to support the back of the pump since its quite a bit heavier than an A pump. Most of them that I've seen tilt the pump out on top so the lines clear the exhaust manifold, might be able to do it straight up with a P3000 but it will be really tight and it's not possible with a P7100 and a stock exhaust manifold. I can text pictures to you if you accept texts. I have a template for the flange that I made for my first P pump.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2023 06:25AM by DK Case.

Re: Case p pump June 29, 2023 08:27AM
Thanks for the info appreciate it.

Re: Case p pump July 28, 2023 08:28AM
Would you still happen to have any info on your p pump flange template?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009