Hauler A/C July 24, 2023 12:02PM
What size A/C (btu/ton) would it take to cool a complete 48x102? Has anyone had experience with this?

Re: Hauler A/C July 25, 2023 01:56AM
If you use the rule of thumb of 20 BTU per sqft your talking about 8000-10,000 BTU but I think that is an underestimate, especially for a "non-Residential" unit.

I installed a 24K BTU 2 head mini-split unit in my 57' trailer with living quarters and it works great with basic insulation in the ceiling. For that length I would definitely install more than one head or unit.

I recommend HVACdirect.com for good prices and lots of selections, for mini-splits. There are mini-splits that also have rotating infra-red sensors that direct airflow to create a uniform temp. Well worth the minor extra cost to have an efficient and comfortable environment.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason