5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 02:29AM
Seeing numbers decrease in the prostock class, one can blame parts availability and cost of the class. With the creation of the 5.0 class, I realize it will be at the expense of some 4.1's going up a class and prostocks going down. Do you think it will save some pullers from getting out completely because of cost, and have others bring tractors out of the sheds to compete again? I personally think that once the class gains more tractors, it will become a very popular class.

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 02:43AM
We are seeing decline in numbers in almost every class.
However when you add up the total numbers in HF, SF, Lt. PS. 4.1, 5.0 and PS. I think the total numbers are very healthy. So the question is does pulling have to many recently started
classes that a drawing numbers away from the legacy classes? In my opinion there should only be 2 classes that are offered at the national. They should be PS and SF and I'm ok with replacing SF with either Lt.PS or 4.1 if the SF numbers keep dropping.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 03:17AM
The DSS class and PS classes are still the most requested classes on the GN circuit. SF never has been a GN caliber class, and if you doubt that, look at the stands the few times SF has ran as the last class of the show.

There are WAAAYYY too many single charger classes on the RN circuit. Most even "die hard" fans can't tell the difference between those classes, either by appearance or performance. Please NTPA, don't bring any more of them to the GN circuit!

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 03:55AM
The two worst classes on the GN circuit are SF and TWD trucks. Based on nothing more than crowd reaction and amount of people who leave their seats during them.

I'd be okay with dropping SF from the GN circuit and trying 4.1 for a year. I would have slightly more interest in 4.1s than I would SF but it still wouldn't be a class I'd go out of my way to watch. I think a pretty good argument could be made for Pro Stock and Super Stock being the only tractor classes at the GN level. SF and all of the light/limited pro classes are meant to be more "entry level". I use that term lightly because even though they are "entry level" they are still super expensive and very competitive.

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 04:22AM
The reality is the DSS or PS can't run in every GN event. First they won't stay together for that many hooks. If you don't believe me look at any 2 day event that has DSS and look at the numbers from the first session to the second. I really enjoy both PS and DSS however you can't change those facts.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 04:27AM
Nobody said they were at, or should be at, every GN event. But they are GN caliber classes!

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 28, 2023 05:37AM
I honestly don't think numbers or vehicles are declining as a whole, It may seem that way now because numbers/hooks at a certain pull maybe down and I think the problem for that is parts supply, in the past a guy broke something major you may wait 3-4 weeks now ( thanks to covid ) a guy may wait three to four months or more as supply and work force is low ( and honestly I don't think that will ever go back to normal or the way it used to be precovid ). So because of that many pullers may still be waiting for parts yet hence why they are not at a pull they normally would be or they may not be going to as many pulls/hooks this year now in fear of breaking something and not having the parts readily available to fix it. However because there is so many ( too many ) class choices especially for single charger tractors you will see numbers decrease in super farm, limited pro, and pro stock because guys are either gonna jump up or down a class whether it be super farm to a 4.1 or pro stock to a 5.0 pro stock etc. So in all number of pullers aren't going away just being spread out which unfortunately leads to it looking like poor numbers in the results of a pull and makes it hard for promoters to pick classes to book for a show then, it's kind of a vicious circle.

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 30, 2023 04:45AM
There is nothing wrong with the caliber of SF & TWD pulling vehicles and the show they perform, regardless of what level of circuit they pull on (state, region and especially so on the national).

Future of 5.0 PS. Is totally dependent upon when Wimer will finally get those turbochargers built and shipped to the many pullers who have put their money 'down' for them.
That statement came to me 3 weeks ago from a longtime puller that will have 2 in the class - converting their present 4.1 and building a new component 5.0.
In fact this puller, who also pulls a Light PS, bought from an Outlaw (5.0) PS puller (who converted to true PS & now campaigning the GN/PPL PS circuit) his 2 5.0 turbos that were at Wimer's to be freshened up last winter. The Light PS puller instantly made the financial transaction in full satisfying the seller and Wimer. Light PS puller was still waiting on Wimer to get those 5.0 turbos freshened.

But wait, there is still more to this story. At NTPA's invitation last fall to attend the annual convention / banquet / board meetings, Wimer came and presented and answered questions about supplying 5.0 turbos for the proposed new NTPA 5.0 PS class, saying there is no problem to have a dozen or so turbos built and ready for the start of the '23 new NTPA Region 2 5.0 pulling class. Pause. What happened Wimer???????????

And right now checking event results and current points standings, just like from the start of the season, there are still only 2 true 5.0 PS's (C. Cain, H. Arnold) [and perhaps Ryan Walters who has just entered the fray].

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 30, 2023 05:45AM
What if they did fulfill the dozen turbos by the start of the season, but those who bought those turbos are the ones who don't have their tractor together yet?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 30, 2023 10:27AM
I know of 2 that have chargers and are waiting on cranks so yes, there is validity in your remark.

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 30, 2023 02:41PM
I watched a class of 6 Friday night,I think it will be fine once everyone gets their parts

Re: 5.0 Prostock class future July 30, 2023 09:46AM
To back up Brent's post, there is a new in the box 5.0 Wimmer on the For Sale page right now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,834, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro